PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods boosted b18b1 help

kain86
09-07-2007, 10:29 AM
thinking about buying a boosted crx si. it has a swaped b18b1 obd1 with a pieced together turbo kit w/ a monster intercooler! it has a tial 38mm wastegate w/ 8lb. spring, 3 inche downpipe, greddy BOV, adjustable FPR, Ramhorn turbo manifold, msd coil, cap, and plugwires, turbonetics hotside with .47a/r and garrett coldside .60 or so a/r, also comes with a apexi safc. bad thing is it's boosted on stock internals and not tuned. the guy only wants 3K which is why im jumping all over it but how much more money will it take to finish the build and would i need to change to forged internal or are the stock ones fine. also the turbo needs rebuilt it blows oil out of the exhaust. but i can say it's QUICK even for being untuned. yeah i know get it TUNED, which i'll be taking it to mainstream if i buy. want to know opinions and what all is left to do. any info will be extremely helpful!

patrick4588
09-07-2007, 11:03 AM
depending on the parts used to put the kit together, that car could be replicated for the same price if not cheaper. too many ppl use ebay manifolds and cheap parts. if he used quality stuff then its worth checking out. ask for a compression and leakdown test to be done to make sure the motor is in good shape

xbn83
09-07-2007, 11:10 AM
~3k for bottom end build without sleeving.

kain86
09-07-2007, 11:16 AM
everything is authentic and car also has avid mounts and shift linkage. also comes with bronze 15 rota slipsteams with new meat. fluidyne rad with slim fan. also its from a friend that just had a kid. motors is in great conditions.

ATL86
09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
I'd be extremely weary of purchasing a car with more-than-likely blown piston rings, boosted, and untuned. How long has he run it with no tune? What the hell do you mean by "authentic"? What kind of manifold, fpr, and intercooler? Steer clear...

kain86
09-07-2007, 11:53 AM
it's been turboed for two weeks and has been ran 3 times to make sure the turbo spooled and everything worked and it has a aem fpr. spearco intercooler. and the mani is a full race... if i remember correctly. it also has dsm blue tops.

patrick4588
09-07-2007, 01:34 PM
if he has a full race manifold, its definitely worth it. that thing is expensive as fuck. and as long as all name brand parts were used and the motor shows good numbers id jump all over it. just get it tuned asap

1kreationz40
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
id jump on it, buddy of mines got a complete greddy turbo kit on his stock ls swap. the turbo was put in like 2 years ago, and its still driving and boosting as of right now, stock internals, boosting 9 lbs only hehehe....!

patrick4588
09-07-2007, 06:30 PM
9psi on a 18g isnt that much lol. whats he make like 210whp?

japan4racing
09-08-2007, 01:49 AM
~3k for bottom end build without sleeving.

Benson sleeved block
Benson balanced and micropolished crank
CP pistons and rings
Eagle rods
ACL bearings
OEM (TypeR) oil pump
Lower gasket set
Blueprint and assembly
Boxing, return shipping and insurance (lower 48 only)
Total $3050

laskey racing my freind.....it can be done for around $2500 if you build it yourself....thats sleeved..hell, laskey will build the same thing with no sleeves for $2350

xbn83
09-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Trust me I knew about Laskey Racing and Earl, but I was assuming he won't do it himself so labor will add up. Around 3k is what he will expect to pay if he let the shop do it! http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122137
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126282

japan4racing
09-08-2007, 02:13 AM
if you cant put a block and head together and toss it in a civic/crx you dont need a car capable of making anything over 200whp. and if you gotta skimp on a build and not get it sleeved you should end your self anyways...unless you you just like dropping retarded amounts of money on shit time and time again

xbn83
09-08-2007, 02:31 AM
if you cant put a block and head together and toss it in a civic/crx you dont need a car capable of making anything over 200whp. and if you gotta skimp on a build and not get it sleeved you should end your self anyways...unless you you just like dropping retarded amounts of money on shit time and time again

Your comment doesn't offend me at all, because it does not apply to me anyway. Trust me, I know more than enough to do my own shits properly. I agree with you on this, but there are ass load of people out there know jack shit about car, but still own fast cars. You tell me! They don't know but they have money to pay somebody else to do it. Sleeving is always good and a must if you go big, but for somebody who wants to run low boost you don't need to. Not all people have money to sleeve like you man, and that is why it is call economy build. You don't need to kill yourself if you don't sleeve!

japan4racing
09-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Your comment doesn't offend me at all, because it does not apply to me anyway. Trust me, I know more than enough to do my own shits properly. I agree with you on this, but there are ass load of people out there know jack shit about car, but still own fast cars. You tell me! They don't know but they have money to pay somebody else to do it. Sleeving is always good and a must if you go big, but for somebody who wants to run low boost you don't need to. Not all people have money to sleeve like you man, and that is why it is call economy build. You don't need to kill yourself if you don't sleeve!

whoa there big guy..i was not trying to offend you...or anyone..but seriously you gotta admit, if you have very limited knowlege you prob dont need a car that is gonna need extra attention. i never said shit about how much money i make or spend....chill bro..its the internetzorz :screwy:

xbn83
09-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Don't worry man, I'm cool! Just saying my points! :D

kain86
09-08-2007, 01:23 PM
wow guess i missed quite a bit when i was at work. and no i don't plan on sleeving cause im gonna run more than 20psi at the most. and yes i could do the assembly myself i'd just have to find time to. but first i have to make sure the guy still want to sell his rex .

japan4racing
09-08-2007, 11:41 PM
the amount of boost is not what blows motors..boost is a measurment...20 psi off one turbo is not the same as 20 psi off another...the air flow comes into play. what kinda hp are you looking for?

kain86
09-10-2007, 12:56 AM
guy decided not to sell his rex. he wants to finish what he started then maybe when he's done he'll sell it.