PDA

View Full Version : When shifting gears...

Black Mamba
09-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I have an eg with LS swap.

The shift is very short, but the clutch is VERY LONG, meaning where the gears engage, it engages at the ALMOST at the end of the clutch.

I mean, you will barely EVER stall out even with newbie driving it.

I was teaching my gf how to drive stick with the car, and she never stalled out. That's how easy it is to drive. ANYHOW.

Does anyone know what the problem is? will it be the shift linkage? or the clutch?

Any help?

n2daizo123
09-06-2007, 11:04 PM
I have an eg with LS swap.

The shift is very short, but the clutch is VERY LONG, meaning where the gears engage, it engages at the ALMOST at the end of the clutch.

I mean, you will barely EVER stall out even with newbie driving it.

I was teaching my gf how to drive stick with the car, and she never stalled out. That's how easy it is to drive. ANYHOW.

Does anyone know what the problem is? will it be the shift linkage? or the clutch?

Any help?
you can adjust the clutch pedal to where it engages the clutch more towards the floor. click (http://www.specialtyz.com/clutchadj.htm) Not your car but the same concept.

homemadeS14s
09-06-2007, 11:17 PM
yeah i think u might be need to adjust the clutch pedal or the clutch (shift) link

iEvo
09-06-2007, 11:34 PM
either that or the clutch is worn.....to see if its good put ur car in 5th and try to drive off like urin 1st. if it stalls then ur clutch is good, if not then its bad

Mr.MuayThai
09-06-2007, 11:37 PM
shit... once your done taking off your clutch will be shot.. :D
So either way.. get a new clutch. never go back to OEM. upgrade. when something stock goes out, replace it will something 2x better if not more! trust me on that shit... never go OEM.

either that or the clutch is worn.....to see if its good put ur car in 5th and try to drive off like urin 1st. if it stalls then ur clutch is good, if not then its bad

Mr.MuayThai
09-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Unless you are as broke as i am. :D

3.5altman
09-06-2007, 11:41 PM
I go oem on certain stuff, but stuff like clutches...hell no

n2daizo123
09-06-2007, 11:46 PM
shit... once your done taking off your clutch will be shot.. :D
So either way.. get a new clutch. never go back to OEM. upgrade. when something stock goes out, replace it will something 2x better if not more! trust me on that shit... never go OEM.
If you get a new clutch its still a good idea to adjust the pedal to let out when you want it to, especially if you get one with more clamp load.

Black Mamba
09-07-2007, 07:03 AM
thanks for the info