PDA

View Full Version : G37s Vs. 10yr old M///..well sorta

OnURleft
09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Figured I'd make a new post for the hell of it (start some convo) but kinda got an idea for the new G37. Rolled down with my buddy and he had his G37s pre-production with 200ish lbs in dead weight riding with him vs just me. We never really lined up but we did a few on ramp style pulls and neither car would pull. Dead even..He was a little suprised that I could hold him but both cars trap around 100-103.. would make a great filmed race. His car was an 08 G37s auto 6 and man are the new G's hot (much less fan boy cars and much more grown up luxury). I'd love to run a 6 speed but they did do a descent job with the Auto6/rev matching gearboxes.

On_Her_Face
09-07-2007, 12:34 AM
i figured he would of pulled you, in my G35 i pulled a few e36 m3 cars

OnURleft
09-07-2007, 09:08 AM
i figured he would of pulled you, in my G35 i pulled a few e36 m3 cars

i.m.o E36's m's have to be driven right and they keep up or can pull. Sort of like evo's and sti's that are driven poorly. A group of us went to Commerce a year ago and the entire group was running mid 14's and most had bolt on's. I busted high 13's at S.D.R and the car just has a flywheel/i/e(which do nothing). I ran that kid who goes to Tennessee in his 06 with i/e/flywheel from a 20 roll to115 and had 1.5 cars but anything can happen on the street I guess.

On_Her_Face
09-07-2007, 09:19 AM
very true, after i posted i was like ya he can probably drive better than the people i raced

GirlieZ
09-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Figured I'd make a new post for the hell of it (start some convo) but kinda got an idea for the new G37. Rolled down with my buddy and he had his G37s pre-production with 200ish lbs in dead weight riding with him vs just me. We never really lined up but we did a few on ramp style pulls and neither car would pull. Dead even..He was a little suprised that I could hold him but both cars trap around 100-103.. would make a great filmed race. His car was an 08 G37s auto 6 and man are the new G's hot (much less fan boy cars and much more grown up luxury). I'd love to run a 6 speed but they did do a descent job with the Auto6/rev matching gearboxes.
are you talking about brad and mike? brad is my sneaky ninja :ninja: you have to ignore his driving skills or lack there of he just came from a itty bitty v8 poostang :tongue1:

SpeedMonkey
09-07-2007, 01:48 PM
shut the fuck up justine.. you're a moron.

GirlieZ
09-07-2007, 02:11 PM
shut the fuck up justine.. you're a moron.
plus one will for originality :goodjob: now go take your insulin! :D

ct9a gsr
09-07-2007, 03:59 PM
g37's a/t is 5-speed only, not six... that's the manual. =D

OnURleft
09-07-2007, 05:30 PM
are you talking about brad and mike? brad is my sneaky ninja :ninja: you have to ignore his driving skills or lack there of he just came from a itty bitty v8 poostang :tongue1:

Hah it was auto. and we didn't really line up or do anything offical at all we just both hit it with him getting a slight jump and no car pulled.

g37's a/t is 5-speed only, not six... that's the manual. =D
sucks. thought they had more technology then that in them. The match rev's on downshifts though..pretty cool

IndianStig
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
when are we running man? you my number

OnURleft
09-09-2007, 02:04 AM
when are we running man? you my number

Hey man..You never got my PM? I wanted to go this Saturday with the crew but I never heard from you..all those other guys from my thread must have reallly pussed out. I'll find your number and just do it via phone

IndianStig
09-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey man..You never got my PM? I wanted to go this Saturday with the crew but I never heard from you..all those other guys from my thread must have reallly pussed out. I'll find your number and just do it via phone

we'll play it by ear. bring out your m3 that night too, i want to run you for fun, both times. i'm not knocking on the e30, but thinking about it, with my clutch broken in now and fixed (thanks VUONG!) i will beat a 325i pretty bad.

i've run with a few e36 m3's and we are pretty even so that would be a better match up

OnURleft
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
we'll play it by ear. bring out your m3 that night too, i want to run you for fun, both times. i'm not knocking on the e30, but thinking about it, with my clutch broken in now and fixed (thanks VUONG!) i will beat a 325i pretty bad.

i've run with a few e36 m3's and we are pretty even so that would be a better match up

What are your mods again? Arn't you putting down 177 or something? I'll think about it but I want to run the 325 and i'll still run you for money in it. My M3 is an axle hoping, stiff track whore that turns much better then it drags. Everyone knows how fast it is, and its virutally bone stock motor wise. I've kind of been there done that in the M/// on the street until it gets boosted, so its primarily for track entertainment as it gets 1000's of ass beating miles a year there but I'll run it if its the right moment of time haha. The 325 we've messed around with, changed the gears, done some home made crap and kept it a very very low budget car and i'm really interested to see how it does..

IndianStig
09-09-2007, 10:27 PM
okay so how about money run on the 325 and for fun on the m3? i think you'll beat me with m, but might as well give it a shot

OnURleft
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
okay so how about money run on the 325 and for fun on the m3? i think you'll beat me with m, but might as well give it a shot

hah yeah sounds good. When you want to do it? I want to do it on film only. The 325 owner needs to make some lap top adjustments (rev limiter is set real low in 1st and 2nd??) which we won't be getting around until later but i'll be bombing around in the M3