PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light Help!!!!! Please

homemadeS14s
09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
:thinking:ok i got 98 240, freakin check engine light just came on i got it scaned and found out that the IAC VALVE (idle air control valve) was malfunctioning. i am thinking to see if it would be good idea to take the IAC VALVE OFF and try to clean it to see if it would work ? but if not i might have to fuckin replace the IAC valve. i found where this valve is located on my car it seems like it is kind a hard to get to it because i seat behind the intake manifold by the firewall. does anybody know easier way to get to it ?:???:

please guys if anybody has any suggestions feel free to let me know
any help would be greatly appriciated

thanks ........:goodjob:

homemadeS14s
09-06-2007, 11:15 PM
bump:thinking:

any nissan techs ?:???:

homemadeS14s
09-07-2007, 10:16 AM
i guess no one knows hum........

RBS
09-07-2007, 10:21 AM
its behind the IM near the firewall? can you get to it from under the car? or ask a friend with small hands to try and get it

iEvo
09-07-2007, 10:28 AM
if its by the fire wall then ur just goin to have to find a way to get it out, there is a way u just have to find it

latoilette
09-07-2007, 11:17 AM
i thought IAV is near the throttle and all that... just speaking from other cars...

FlyingStroke240
09-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Not on nissan.they are in the back and are a bitch to get to especially on the de.

see ya 240love.

black95se
09-08-2007, 07:35 PM
I have taken mine of of my RB25det a couple of times to clean it. It is easier then it look you just need a ratceht (SP) and a 10mm socket. Just be carefull when you pull it off so you dont rip the gasket.

homemadeS14s
09-08-2007, 11:33 PM
bump

SixSquared
09-09-2007, 01:58 AM
If you wanna meet up sometime I can probably get it out.. between the bending extenders, swivels, and other tools I have, as well as abnormally small hands (my user status doesn't say Chief Littlefingers for nothing), I can probably get it. Be best to come out tomorrow.. I don't have anything going on til the evening. I'm in Athens, btw

SE-Rious1
09-09-2007, 02:14 AM
If you wanna meet up sometime I can probably get it out.. between the bending extenders, swivels, and other tools I have, as well as abnormally small hands (my user status doesn't say Chief Littlefingers for nothing), I can probably get it. Be best to come out tomorrow.. I don't have anything going on til the evening. I'm in Athens, btw
haha not knocking your skillz but yeah emily im sure he would call a girl to lend a hand with his car:idb:

SixSquared
09-09-2007, 02:28 AM
You know, I do believe that really pisses me off... and I do believe that I'm gonna rep you for that one... not knocking my skills? How are you gonna throw some shit out there when you don't even know me? I've been building cars longer than you've been beating off and you have the nerve to come at me with a comment like that? Fuck you buddy... fuck you. I am so tired of that BULLSHIT. Every car that I have owned, I have built.. I do my own swaps, engine builds, transmission builds, if needed... I've got more skill in a freaking FINGERTIP than you probably have in your whole body. Wanna piss me off one good one? Come at me with some shit about not being as good of a mechanic as someone else because I'm a girl. Fucking jerk.

SE-Rious1
09-09-2007, 02:33 AM
You know, I do believe that really pisses me off... and I do believe that I'm gonna rep you for that one... not knocking my skills? How are you gonna throw some shit out there when you don't even know me? I've been building cars longer than you've been beating off and you have the nerve to come at me with a comment like that? Fuck you buddy... fuck you. I am so tired of that BULLSHIT. Every car that I have owned, I have built.. I do my own swaps, engine builds, transmission builds, if needed... I've got more skill in a freaking FINGERTIP than you probably have in your whole body. Wanna piss me off one good one? Come at me with some shit about not being as good of a mechanic as someone else because I'm a girl. Fucking jerk.

PM sent
and yes u know me just not buy the knew name
+1 for ya sorry

Annihilation
09-09-2007, 07:34 AM
haha not knocking your skillz but yeah emily im sure he would call a girl to lend a hand with his car:idb:

Thats some fucked up shit for you to say.

jerzey908
09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
try to clean it. if that does not work replace it

homemadeS14s
09-09-2007, 10:09 PM
:Dthanks Emily i appreciate your willingness to help me about this and yeah by looking at your rep on this site and when i came to your place i was sure that u was good nissan geek and someone who knows lot about s14 stuff. i am gone try to take the IAC off the car tomorrow and my buddy komi is gone help me, hopefully it won't be bitch but i really appreciated your help
thanks again :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:;):D

MongolPup
09-09-2007, 11:13 PM

What the hell?

homemadeS14s
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
wtf:umno:

homemadeS14s
09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I have taken mine of of my RB25det a couple of times to clean it. It is easier then it look you just need a ratceht (SP) and a 10mm socket. Just be carefull when you pull it off so you dont rip the gasket.

what did u used to clean it with ?:???:

KPowerEP3
09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
what did u used to clean it with ?:???:

either throttlebody/carb+choke cleaner or electronic parts cleaner, depending on how finicky your car is.

Z U L8R
09-14-2007, 01:49 PM
if it's such a bitch to take off, why don't you take it off, and replace it with a new one since you've already got it off. it's almost a 10 year old car, so 1 sensor goes bad OMIGAW!! /wrists lol, replace the sensor, quit being cheap, and only have to take the bastard off one time. if you just wanna clean the thing you don't even have to take it off, do a fuel induction service on the car and be done.

nissan iav's are not elaborate marvels of NASA technology, it's a frickin solenoid lol. bitch about labor on an s14 when you gotta change your pcv valve muwhahaha @@

girl's that wrench are fucking hawt!....but if you're just average then it makes you hawt ER so keep it up =]

do your car, fix your car, mod your car, build your car, then kick some ass, and THEN you can brag about your car. anyone with money can pay someone to make their car, my respect goes to the guy/girl who took the time to make it what it is, not the rich fagtar who's name is on the title. keep it up sista ^_^

wewt! fix ur car the first time, then enjoy. being cheap is more expensive in the long run. my .02
later
Dave

homemadeS14s
09-14-2007, 08:23 PM
thanks guys:goodjob:

SixSquared
09-14-2007, 09:48 PM
if it's such a bitch to take off, why don't you take it off, and replace it with a new one since you've already got it off. it's almost a 10 year old car, so 1 sensor goes bad OMIGAW!! /wrists lol, replace the sensor, quit being cheap, and only have to take the bastard off one time. if you just wanna clean the thing you don't even have to take it off, do a fuel induction service on the car and be done.

nissan iav's are not elaborate marvels of NASA technology, it's a frickin solenoid lol. bitch about labor on an s14 when you gotta change your pcv valve muwhahaha @@

girl's that wrench are fucking hawt!....but if you're just average then it makes you hawt ER so keep it up =]

do your car, fix your car, mod your car, build your car, then kick some ass, and THEN you can brag about your car. anyone with money can pay someone to make their car, my respect goes to the guy/girl who took the time to make it what it is, not the rich fagtar who's name is on the title. keep it up sista ^_^

wewt! fix ur car the first time, then enjoy. being cheap is more expensive in the long run. my .02
later
Dave

I concur.. why pay someone $75-$100 an hour to work on my car when I can grab a 24 pack of woodchuck's for $25, call some friends, and call it a day?