PDA

View Full Version : News makes me ANGRY!

Ruststang
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Seems like everyday while im watching the news someone is gettin chewed up by "pitbulls". Let me just say if your a f@#$ tard dont get a pitbull! If you can't follow the leash law and contain a dog in your house or a good high fence you dont need a Pit. These are very loving dogs and can be very good companions if you know how to raise a dog correctly. SPARE ME IF YOU THINK ITS JUST THE BREED THATS THE PROBLEM!. If you believe in this do us a favor and keep you ignorance to yourself. Dog attacks should be blamed on the irresponsibility of owners. :ninja:

3.5altman
09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
that's right and if your dog comes after me it will get shot

fire7882
09-06-2007, 06:21 PM
SPARE ME IF YOU THINK ITS JUST THE BREED THATS THE PROBLEM!.

It's not JUST the breed but it does play a part. Ultimately, the dog is the responsibility of the owner.

RandomGuy
09-06-2007, 07:30 PM
guns dont kill people, Pitbulls kill people.

OneSlow5pt0
09-06-2007, 07:31 PM
HULK SMASH!!!!!!!

coolcat
09-06-2007, 08:11 PM
It's not JUST the breed but it does play a part. Ultimately, the dog is the responsibility of the owner.

The only part the dog plays is the fact that they are very strong dogs that can have potential to cause harm, but when raised right can be some of the nicest and best dogs ever in my opinion.

RandomGuy
09-06-2007, 11:39 PM
The only part the dog plays is the fact that they are very strong dogs that can have potential to cause harm, but when raised right can be some of the nicest and best dogs ever in my opinion.
until they kill

RISKYB
09-07-2007, 07:16 AM
guns dont kill people, Pitbulls kill people.

the dumbest thing i have ever heard

Rican219
09-07-2007, 07:17 AM
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2231/1188255742687js7.gif

81911SC
09-07-2007, 07:18 AM
LIRL

itsjustdee
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM
+1 for that.

Doppelgänger
09-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Fuck pitbulls... squirrels are the next animal threat to people....

1000cckiller
09-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Fuck pitbulls... squirrels are the next animal threat to people....damn I might just have to let my pit take a bite out of your ass.

Kelly
09-07-2007, 08:17 AM
How many more threads like this are we gonna have...........?

Doppelgänger
09-07-2007, 08:57 AM
damn I might just have to let my pit take a bite out of your ass.

lol @ you clearly not getting the joke

&

you must one of those pitbull owners who brag about how nice and harmless they are and that it's the owners who mistreat the dogs to make them act like that :rolleyes:

Ran
09-07-2007, 09:03 AM
that's right and if your dog comes after me it will get shothttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Nismosis/killitwithfire.gif

1000cckiller
09-07-2007, 09:05 AM
lol @ you clearly not getting the joke

&

you must one of those pitbull owners who brag about how nice and harmless they are and that it's the owners who mistreat the dogs to make them act like that :rolleyes:you must be a dumb ass, look at the threads on pits there are many of them, and pay attention to what I have posted, since it seems like you think you know me. :goodjob:

Tracy
09-07-2007, 09:07 AM
you must one of those pitbull owners who brag about how nice and harmless they are and that it's the owners who mistreat the dogs to make them act like that :rolleyes:

You need to do some research.

Doppelgänger
09-07-2007, 09:16 AM
you must be a dumb ass, look at the threads on pits there are many of them, and pay attention to what I have posted, since it seems like you think you know me. :goodjob:I must have missed where i said i know you too... oh wait, becaise i never did. I dont keep up with all the bullshit threads on this shit hole... especially threads that have as much life as one of Vicks dogs. I am terribly sorry you did not get the joke about the squirrels as it was on another thread... but since it didnt have to do with your dog, you must have over looked it.

Doubt you'll click on this, but here it is anyway.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136673

Doppelgänger
09-07-2007, 09:18 AM
You need to do some research.

lol@ you taking what i said seriously..... its a word called "sarcasm"

1000cckiller
09-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I must have missed where i said i know you too... oh wait, becaise i never did. I dont keep up with all the bullshit threads on this shit hole... especially threads that have as much life as one of Vicks dogs. I am terribly sorry you did not get the joke about the squirrels as it was on another thread... but since it didnt have to do with your dog, you must have over looked it.

Doubt you'll click on this, but here it is anyway.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136673one is you didnt get my joke when i said I would get my dog to bit you in your ass, for saying fuck pit bulls. That link is old news, I saw the thing about the squirrel when it came on the news. Two I didn't say it had shit to do with my dog. So haha since you thought you joke was so funny :blah: :lmfao:

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Instead of getting angry with the media, responsible Pitbull owners should organize a march to the capitol walking all your docile Pits up the steps into the Governor's office......wait, that's impossible cause you'd have a bunch of wannabe Vicks and his boys would show up and start shooting dice and betting on who's dog would kick who's dog's ass....:rolleyes:

I'm being sarcastic, sorta. ;)

The breed has a terrible stigma. To be honest, most if very much warranted because the nimrods that constantly walk around with a Pit with an 80lb tow truck chain around their neck. That's really the problem here. Rappers and celebrities show off their "dogs", so suddenly you have every wannabe wanting to get one to be just like them. They don't care about the dog, they only care about the image it portrays. They think it makes THEM look tough and macho to be dragging around a dog with a big manly chain.

You like the breed? You want to do something to curb it's stigma? Then instead of getting mad at the media, get mad at the dumbasses walking down the street who have no clue nor business owning ANY animal, let alone one that has the ability to hurt people seriously. Get mad at that idiot that let's his 2-3 pits roam free without a fence. Get mad at the ones that tie up the poor animal to an Oak tree and never show them any affection and love. Fight for tougher penalties for cruelty and dog fighting. Fight to keep any Tom, Dick, and Harry from calling themselves a "dog breeder" of an animal that should have closely monitored bloodlines before you EVER decide to "breed" it because of it's perpensity to have certain inherent traits that are not companion worthy.

I'll get off my soapbox now. This situation would be much better if we really put the blame where it lies. Contrary to PC, there are bad dogs just as there are bad owners. If you go buy your dog from some guy wearing a wife beater, cigarrette hanging out of his mouth, and the dogs sitting in their own filth under a tarp somewhere.......you deserve whatever you get. It's called Supply and Demand.

1000cckiller
09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Instead of getting angry with the media, responsible Pitbull owners should organize a march to the capitol walking all your docile Pits up the steps into the Governor's office......wait, that's impossible cause you'd have a bunch of wannabe Vicks and his boys would show up and start shooting dice and betting on who's dog would kick who's dog's ass....:rolleyes:

I'm being sarcastic, sorta. ;)

The breed has a terrible stigma. To be honest, most if very much warranted because the nimrods that constantly walk around with a Pit with an 80lb tow truck chain around their neck. That's really the problem here. Rappers and celebrities show off their "dogs", so suddenly you have every wannabe wanting to get one to be just like them. They don't care about the dog, they only care about the image it portrays. They think it makes THEM look tough and macho to be dragging around a dog with a big manly chain.

You like the breed? You want to do something to curb it's stigma? Then instead of getting mad at the media, get mad at the dumbasses walking down the street who have no clue nor business owning ANY animal, let alone one that has the ability to hurt people seriously. Get mad at that idiot that let's his 2-3 pits roam free without a fence. Get mad at the ones that tie up the poor animal to an Oak tree and never show them any affection and love. Fight for tougher penalties for cruelty and dog fighting. Fight to keep any Tom, Dick, and Harry from calling themselves a "dog breeder" of an animal that should have closely monitored bloodlines before you EVER decide to "breed" it because of it's perpensity to have certain inherent traits that are not companion worthy.

I'll get off my soapbox now. This situation would be much better if we really put the blame where it lies. Contrary to PC, there are bad dogs just as there are bad owners. If you go buy your dog from some guy wearing a wife beater, cigarrette hanging out of his mouth, and the dogs sitting in their own filth under a tarp somewhere.......you deserve whatever you get. It's called Supply and Demand.Jamie you are asmart ass, nut you are right, reps

1000cckiller
09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jaimecbr900 again.

Doppelgänger
09-07-2007, 09:56 AM
one is you didnt get my joke when i said I would get my dog to bit you in your ass, for saying fuck pit bulls. That link is old news, I saw the thing about the squirrel when it came on the news. Two I didn't say it had shit to do with my dog. So haha since you thought you joke was so funny :blah: :lmfao:

So you were thinking i said "fuck pitbulls" as in disdain/hate toward them? Then thats where something went wrong, as thats not what was intended. I was more or less meaning, in a joking manor, that squirrels are the real dangerous animal to people and that the whole pit bull subject is getting blown out of proportion.

Obviously I did not get your joke as you did not get mine... no harm, no foul.

1000cckiller
09-07-2007, 10:02 AM
So you were thinking i said "fuck pitbulls" as in disdain/hate toward them? Then thats where something went wrong, as thats not what was intended. I was more or less meaning, in a joking manor, that squirrels are the real dangerous animal to people and that the whole pit bull subject is getting blown out of proportion.

Obviously I did not get your joke as you did not get mine... no harm, no foul.i got your joke, you didnt get mine. I was bullshiting when I said i should get my dog to bite you.

Tracy
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
I said you need to do some research because of what you said in your post

you must one of those pitbull owners who brag about how nice and harmless they are and that it's the owners who mistreat the dogs to make them act like that Which implied that you think that this statement isn't true with the use of the *rolls eyes* smiley. I said you need to do some research because it is, in fact, true. I have been researching the breed for 6-9 months now. I am looking into getting one. I want to make sure I make the right choice and that I am informed. ALL DOGS HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THE SAME HARM A PIT CAN DO. THEY ARE ALL ANIMALS. It just so happens that, like Jaime said, Pits are a status symbol and get treated a certain way by their owners who use them as such...thus the bad publicity for the dogs. If you go to a home where they have raised their dog like a family pet and not a piece of trash, pits are pretty cool dogs. They even say they don't make good guard dogs since they are so friendly.

And regarding this "shit hole", why do you still post here?

Tracy
09-07-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.realpitbull.com/temperament.html

If there was a manual describing ideal Pit Bull temperament, it would probably read something like this: "The Pit Bull is goofily friendly towards people--family, friends, and strangers alike. Known for its sound character, strong nerve, and great intelligence, the breed makes an ideal companion for households with children, while remaining strong and vigilent enough to protect its loved ones if need be. It is never necessary to embark on guard or attack training with this breed, as they are naturally attuned to their environment and intuitive about real threats. Although never aggressive towards people without real need, the Pit Bull is dog-aggressive, to varying degrees. The properly socialized and trained Pit Bull should not be an instigater, yet neither should he shy away from a challenge. The breed is known for its high prey drive, and so due caution should be exercised when cats, rabbits, domestic fowl, and other such animals are present. Aggression towards other animals should not be viewed as a fault, although excessive, uncontrollable aggression is neither desired nor correct. Aggression towards humans should be viewed as a serious fault.

RandomGuy
09-07-2007, 10:31 AM
ALL DOGS HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THE SAME HARM A PIT CAN DO. THEY ARE ALL ANIMALS.
so..... you're trying to say

these can equally harm you?

http://images.scotsman.com/2007/01/02/dog.jpg

http://www.kristalas.com/doggear/_notes/american-pitbull-terrier.jpg

VS.

http://revjim.net/archives/2005/08/republican-chihuahua.jpg

Doppelgänger
09-07-2007, 10:33 AM
i got your joke, you didnt get mine. I was bullshiting when I said i should get my dog to bite you. :doh:

Tracy
09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
so..... you're trying to say

these can equally harm you?

http://images.scotsman.com/2007/01/02/dog.jpg

http://www.kristalas.com/doggear/_notes/american-pitbull-terrier.jpg

VS.

http://revjim.net/archives/2005/08/republican-chihuahua.jpg

They can't equally harm you because of their size.....duh. But a small dog can bite you just the same.

Myths:

"Pit Bulls have locking jaws." The jaws of the Pit Bull are functionally the same as the jaws of any other breed, and this has been proven via expert examination.

The few studies which have been conducted of the structure of the skulls, mandibles and teeth of Pit Bulls show that, in proportion to their size, their jaw structure and thus its inferred functional morphology, is no different than that of any [other] breed of dog. There is absolutely not evidence for the existence of any kind of ’locking mechanism’ unique to the structure of the jaw and/or teeth of the American Pit Bull Terrier, says Dr. I. Lerh Brisbin of the University of Georgia (from the ADBA booklet, “Discover the American Pit Bull Terrier.)

“Pit Bulls have more bite pressure per square inch (PSI) than any other breed.” This is pure speculation at best, damaging myth at worse. There have been no exhaustive studies conducted to prove that Pit Bulls have the strongest jaws of any breed. There likely could not be any truly conclusive testing done to measure something like strongest breed PSI. A reason for this lies in the fact that dogs bite with varying pressure depending upon the situation, and what factors are driving the bite at that particular point in time. A dog cannot be instructed to bite down on a measuring device as hard as possible, so a tester could have no way of knowing whether or not a particular dog being tested is actually using its jaws to capacity in any given testing phase. There is also large size variation in any breed, and one must assume strength varies as well. A very large (but not typical or standard) Pit Bull may bite harder than a small Rottweiler, German Shepherd, or other breed, while a standard sized Pit Bull may not have as much jaw power as a larger, typical sized Rottweiler, etc. Also, if one breed is to claim “highest bite pressure”, all breeds would have to be compared. All 500+ of them.

Dr. I. Lerh Brisbin of the University of Georgia states, To the best of our knowledge, there are no published scientific studies that would allow any meaningful comparison to be made of the biting power of various breeds of dogs. There are, moreover, compelling technical reasons why such data describing biting power in terms of ‘pounds per square inch’ can never be collected in a meaningful way. All figures describing biting power in such terms can be traced to either unfounded rumor or, in some cases, to newspaper articles with no foundation in factual data. (From the ADBA booklet, “Discover the American Pit Bull Terrier.)

Tracy
09-07-2007, 10:41 AM
These could equally harm you :)

http://www.dog.com/docgrafx/akita.jpg

http://www.buyersguide.com/images/LabradorRetriever3.jpg

http://www.pups4sale.com.au/german_shepherd_glenbala_03.jpg

http://www.dogsindepth.com/nonsporting_dog_breeds/images/shorthaired_chow_chow_h03.jpg

http://www.brushcountrykennels.com/MidnightLg.jpg

http://www.europuppyusa.com/images/dog_breed_info/doberman_pinscher.jpg

http://www.1stopfordogs.com/images/dogs2005/rottweiler_puppies_for_sale_euro091.jpg

Jaimecbr900
09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Far too often, people don't do the research like our friend Tracy is showing here.

People need to realize that even domesticated animals are indeed ANIMALS. They have natural instincts, curiosities, and behaviors that are either controlled or if left unchecked can just continue to grow just as they would if they were wild animals. Dogs have certain inate instincts already hardwired into their brain that makes them who they are. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not so good. If you don't recognize those dominant traits BEFORE bringing this cute and cuddly puppy home, you may be in for a big surprise when he/she is not so small later on.

I don't normally "buy" dogs. I normally rescue them from the pound. I've never had a single issue with that. The only exception was when I chose a dog for not only companion but also guard duty. I chose to go with a full blooded, and unfortunately expensive, German Sheppard. He was chosen after we researched his bloodline and his breeder. I even spoke to the breeder, who is in KY, and she sent me not only the info I requested but also additional info that she thought I would find helpful. I did. Max is a very loving and playful part of our family. He's only 10 mos old now, but already very protective. He's going on basic instincts and the small amount of training we have started. I want him to be protective. I want him to bite IF needed to. He also KNOWS who is in charge at home, and that's everyone else but him. We feed him well. We constantly play with him. He even sleeps at the foot of our bed. I want him to have strong bonds with all our family members, especially the kids and my wife. Why? Because when I'm not at home, I want Max to put his life on the line to protect my family just as I would and for the same reasons I would. So he has to bond with all of us the same way.

The point is that HOW you raise a dog is a big part of the equation, but also knowing where the dog came from (although this is sometimes impossible) and knowing what that breeds perpensities are will go a long way towards netting you the results you want. If you want a dog that noone wants to be around, that's easy to do. Just treat the animal like crap and there you go. If you want an animal that people look at and go "wow, what an awesome dog", then that takes a lot of effort. Effort some people are not willing to put in, therefore they deserve the results.

My patented long ass :2cents: :goodjob: .

RandomGuy
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM
ALL DOGS HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THE SAME HARM A PIT CAN DO. THEY ARE ALL ANIMALS.

They can't equally harm you because of their size.....duh. But a small dog can bite you just the same.

harty har har

http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_113181108/xl

lolol bored

Tracy
09-07-2007, 10:48 AM
harty har har

http://img.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_sizedimage_113181108/xl

lolol bored

Whatever spoad! You know what I meant.

Tracy
09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Another myth regarding pitbull attacks

“Pit Bulls attack more people than any other breed.” Bite statistics are difficult to obtain accurately. Dogs that are referred to as “pit bulls” in statistical reports actually are a variety of breeds and mixes all lumped together under the “pit bull” heading. Also, many people have a difficult time properly identifying a true Pit Bull, so added to the statistics are those dogs that have been misidentified. Considering these factors, the actual number of attacks attributable to American Pit Bull Terriers is considerably lower than represented. Also important to understand is the extreme popularity of the Pit Bull and pit bull-type breeds. By some estimates, numbers-wise they are the most popular of all dog breeds. It is only logical to assume that the breed with the higher number of individual dogs would be represented with a higher number of bites. Viewing older statistical reports for the Center of Disease Control, one will see that trends in breed popularity reflect in the number of bites attributed to a specific breed during a specific period of time.

aemkitfox
09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Yeah pitbulls rock. They aren't mean!

Ruststang
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I found vicious pit bull attack pictures!

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/169/tz01.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/169/tc1.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/169/tc2.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/169/tc3.jpg

Oh wait its protecting the new born baby at the house... Hmmm Guess its just a bad breed.