PDA

View Full Version : Well...

Dirty Octopus™
09-06-2007, 08:32 AM
We all know what a pain it is to be a victim in an accident.
I need to know whether or not i did the right thing today.

This morning on my way to work i proceeded to take a right onto 141 off of Bell Rd. and before i could get off. BOOM! in my ass the early model Caravan hit me.

Now... i looked at the damage and it seemed like just a scratch and the bumper on the right side came loose. As a matter of fact, i think more of his paint rubbed off on me than i did on him. I drove the car and it seemed like it was in fine working order.

I let him go.

My day and car is going to be fine regardless of the result so i figured i wouldnt put him through any troubles either. he insisted on giving me something so i told him enough to paint the dern thing.

Now someone that works with me saw me on the side of the road and keeps insisting that i get in contact with him and his insurance. i have his name and number on the check he gave me and i know where he works. But isnt it too late to do anything of the sorts? ive always been under the impression that you have to be at the scene in order for the authorities to do anything.

What do you think? :thinking:

Sammich
09-06-2007, 08:34 AM
i woulda got the info and got a free paint job..the little dent i got on my truck i got paid over $1000 for

quickdodge®
09-06-2007, 08:39 AM
If the damage is under $500, then there it is up to the individuals involved to decide if they want an accident report. If you choose no on that, and you part ways, then you're basically on your own. It's considered settling. From what I understand, it's a done deal. Once you leave, it's through. Later, QD.

Dirty Octopus™
09-06-2007, 08:42 AM
If the damage is under $500, then there it is up to the individuals involved to decide if they want an accident report. If you choose no on that, and you part ways, then you're basically on your own. It's considered settling. From what I understand, it's a done deal. Once you leave, it's through. Later, QD.
yeah... i figured that would be the case.
oh wells i guess :dunno:

Jecht
09-06-2007, 08:46 AM
I think you did the right thing. I can't say that I would do the same if I were in your position.

Dirty Octopus™
09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
I think you did the right thing. I can't say that I would do the same if I were in your position.
what position am i in?
or do you mean you wouldnt have done the same thing if it happened to you?

Sammich
09-06-2007, 08:57 AM
meanin if he was hit he would have gotten that insurance information. i mean..shoot he got paint scratched off your car, get the info and get the check..i'm waiting for somebody else to hit me or to steal my car

AnthonyF
09-06-2007, 08:59 AM

i agree. Dirty O is a much nicer person.

Dirty Octopus™
09-06-2007, 08:59 AM
meanin if he was hit he would have gotten that insurance information. i mean..shoot he got paint scratched off your car, get the info and get the check..i'm waiting for somebody else to hit me or to steal my car
but its too late now isnt it? i mean now that we've left the scene and all...

Sammich
09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
yea its too late now homie...at least from my aspect of it at least..u can do some research on it

SLOWLYbtngU
09-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Wow, I am sorry :(

Jecht
09-06-2007, 09:28 AM
i agree. Dirty O is a much nicer person.

Thanks, I appreciate the insult.

itsjustdee
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
i think u have 72 hours to report the accident....

Sammich
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM

lol

Jecht
09-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I find it funny when people insult me seriously even if they haven't met me yet.

Anyways, what I was trying to say DO is that I don't know if I would do the same as you because I don't just have money to do repairs all the time. But if he gave you money to fix it or something idk.

Just think though, that guy probably had a really bad day and you may just have made his day.

AnthonyF
09-06-2007, 09:46 AM

it wasnt an insult. I was agreeing with you dummy. I would get their insuance and everything

I find it funny when people insult me seriously even if they haven't met me yet.

Anyways, what I was trying to say DO is that I don't know if I would do the same as you because I don't just have money to do repairs all the time. But if he gave you money to fix it or something idk.

Just think though, that guy probably had a really bad day and you may just have made his day.

dude calm the hell down. whats ur deal? no morning wood when u woke up? i agreed with u.

Jecht
09-06-2007, 09:48 AM
it wasnt an insult. I was agreeing with you dummy. I would get their insuance and everything

dude calm the hell down. whats ur deal? no morning wood when u woke up? i agreed with u.

Nah I just took it the wrong way, I'm used to everyone on here harassing me. Sorry. :goodjob:

Sammich
09-06-2007, 10:02 AM
muh winduhz goes upz en downz LIRL

AnthonyF
09-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Nah I just took it the wrong way, I'm used to everyone on here harassing me. Sorry. :goodjob:

nah not me. i wuv u. :)

Sammich
09-06-2007, 10:10 AM
u guys gona kiss and make up?? 4.0..watch out..magius is good for rollin up dem winduhz on people

Dirty Octopus™
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
yeah... i could kinda see it in his face.

AnthonyF
09-06-2007, 10:14 AM
u guys gona kiss and make up?? 4.0..watch out..magius is good for rollin up dem winduhz on people

hahahaha. i dunno...is he any good? I heard he was the best in ALL of "Kabuki Jo" <--what movie??...reps for anyone.

Sammich
09-06-2007, 10:16 AM
hahahaha. i dunno...is he any good? I heard he was the best in ALL of "Kabuki Jo" <--wheres that from...reps for anyone.

i duno..his last 'pirate' left walkin w/ a limp from what i heard:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

quickdodge®
09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
i think u have 72 hours to report the accident....

That's if there is personal injury or death. And you have 2 years for that. Once you both leave the scene, it's over. Later, QD.

Kevykev
09-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Given the circumstancese, I think you handle the situation well. Sometimes what's recommended is not always what you feel is suitable so i understand.

I hope you got an much info as possible though - office number- cell phone etc.

You never know, that check can bounce - more damage could be discovered.

Kevykev
09-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Given the circumstancese,

Hahahah, Damn Asians!

Dirty Octopus™
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Given the circumstancese, I think you handle the situation well. Sometimes what's recommended is not always what you feel is suitable so i understand.

I hope you got an much info as possible though - office number- cell phone etc.

You never know, that check can bounce - more damage could be discovered.
yeah... i got his number and he works off of Lakefield so if needed i can get to him.

Given the circumstancese,

Hahahah, Damn Asians!
:lmfao:

con
09-06-2007, 01:22 PM
cash the check at the listed bank. as long as it clears, it's all good......

MrsDirtyOc™
09-06-2007, 05:52 PM
We all know what a pain it is to be a victim in an accident.
I need to know whether or not i did the right thing today.

This morning on my way to work i proceeded to take a right onto 141 off of Bell Rd. and before i could get off. BOOM! in my ass the early model Caravan hit me.

Now... i looked at the damage and it seemed like just a scratch and the bumper on the right side came loose. As a matter of fact, i think more of his paint rubbed off on me than i did on him. I drove the car and it seemed like it was in fine working order.

I let him go.

My day and car is going to be fine regardless of the result so i figured i wouldnt put him through any troubles either. he insisted on giving me something so i told him enough to paint the dern thing.

Now someone that works with me saw me on the side of the road and keeps insisting that i get in contact with him and his insurance. i have his name and number on the check he gave me and i know where he works. But isnt it too late to do anything of the sorts? ive always been under the impression that you have to be at the scene in order for the authorities to do anything.

What do you think? :thinking:

well unless ure light was green......u did the right thing.....had the cops came YOU would have gotten the ticket......because technically the caravan had the right of way.....if ure light was red.....that man just got GOT!!!:lmfao:

sooooo.......we have money......:devil: :D