PDA

View Full Version : 70 in a 45 with no radar or laser?

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Im not going to give a long drawn out story, just want some opinions.

3 intersections... one in front of Emerils in Buckhead, one before 400, and one after. Total length approx 1/2 mile. Silver maxima going way under speed limit. I pull into fast lane to pass, hit gas, doing around 50 steady, pass the second light and notice ATLPD pull out behind 3 cars with lights on. He holds me in the middle of the intersection to turn while blocking traffic to write me a ticket for about 20 minutes. Cites me for 70 in a 45, and said he was following me for 1/2 mile. Total BS. Can I fight this?

AnthonyF
09-06-2007, 08:13 AM
^^prob not man. it'll prob cost you more money tryin to fight it... pay it. count it as a loss...no biggie. you dont have a bad driving record (i think) so it's not going to hurt u much.

btw...doesnt that cop know your car cant do 70? stupid cops

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 08:14 AM
^^prob not man. it'll prob cost you more money tryin to fight it... pay it. count it as a loss...no biggie

Ive gone to court 3 times for tickets and gotten out of them or have had them reduced.

No radar, and no laser. Its impossible to have followed me for half a mile. He was doing 70 to catch up to me, that DOESNT mean I was doing 70.

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 08:15 AM
btw...doesnt that cop know your car cant do 70? stupid cops

fuck you lol

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Ive gone to court 3 times for tickets and gotten out of them or have had them reduced.

No radar, and no laser. Its impossible to have followed me for half a mile. He was doing 70 to catch up to me, that DOESNT mean I was doing 70.

I would have asked for proof......
I do think you should fight it.
City of Atlanta courts are so busy, I imagine if you challenged it, they'd drop it....

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 08:18 AM
I would have asked for proof......
I do think you should fight it.
City of Atlanta courts are so busy, I imagine if you challenged it, they'd drop it....

I did ask, he got pissed, got back in his patrol car, sat for another 15 minutes, figured out he couldnt write a ticket for anything else, and said if I dont sign the tickets he's going to take me to jail. :shrug:

All while traffic is being backed up in the intersection. He didnt even let me pull into a lot.

AnthonyF
09-06-2007, 08:20 AM

true...good luck to ya man. I usually never fight cuz it takes too long and too much money. i tried to fight a "racing" ticket (i was doing 45 to lunch) and it costed me a shit load and i'm on probation. fucking pigs

fuck you lol

hahaha...ok ok...doesnt he know that red cars cant do 70?!

iloveboost
09-06-2007, 08:22 AM
They are allowed to pace you to get the speed at which you're traveling.

It will ultimately come down to your word against his if you try to fight it and take it to trial. Whose do you think they'll believe?

Best bet is to negotiate with the solicitor and ask for it to be reduced so it doesn't get reported to insurance or points on your license.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 08:22 AM
true...good luck to ya man. I usually never fight cuz it takes too long and too much money. i tried to fight a "racing" ticket (i was doing 45 to lunch) and it costed me a shit load and i'm on probation. fucking pigs

Wow...Are you fucking kidding me?
Sounds like they screwed you big time.

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 08:23 AM
They are allowed to pace you to get the speed at which you're traveling.

It will ultimately come down to your word against his if you try to fight it and take it to trial. Whose do you think they'll believe?

Best bet is to negotiate with the solicitor and ask for it to be reduced so it doesn't get reported to insurance or points on your license.

Pace me? How can he pace at 70 miles an hour in heavy traffic, which is also listed on the ticket. That is my primary point. I know they can pace, but he pulled out when I was coming close to a stop at the next light. 70 mph down that road would cause a damn accident. LOL

AnthonyF
09-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Wow...Are you fucking kidding me?
Sounds like they screwed you big time.

umm yea...another story for another day...

this is Nemisis' time to shine. :goodjob:

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 08:44 AM
any other input would be great. Like I said, I know for a fact I was only doing 50 in a 45. I would man up if I did get caught, but this isnt the case.

MachNU
09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
i think you should fight it and represent yourself! i mean heavy traffic take pics of the 3 intersections at the same time of day, if they are always busy to show that 70 is impossible to pull off! :dunno:

İhris
09-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Nemesis how old r u???

I believe 24+ over is License suspension

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Nemesis how old r u???

I believe 24+ over is License suspension

Im 24. Ive gotten 25 over a year or so back, and just paid a fine.

uproot
09-06-2007, 09:02 AM
total BS man...

İhris
09-06-2007, 09:09 AM
oh ok did u get him to check his radar and write the calibration numbers (guess thats what they are) on the citation??

He has to be behind you for so long or some distance to be able to pace you...

i dunno, good luck w/ it though... maybe he wont show at court

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 09:12 AM
oh ok did u get him to check his radar and write the calibration numbers (guess thats what they are) on the citation??

Did you not read the title of this thread? lol On the ticket it has no radar or laser selected. He checked "Patrol" .

Rican219
09-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Don't argue to much Whore-hey they may deport your az1@n azz away!

No but in all honesty I say fight it. Fuck tha po po

İhris
09-06-2007, 09:17 AM
patrol??? wtf??? lol

Tracy
09-06-2007, 09:18 AM
50 in a 45 is speeding. Good thing you didn't get into an accident :) they may have called it street racing and splashed it on TMZ.

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 09:19 AM
patrol??? wtf??? lol

On the ticket it asks what method of Speed Clocking he used: Patrol Vehicle, Laser, Radar, are the methods.

True Tracy, 50 in a 45 is speeding. Guilty as charged.

itsjustdee
09-06-2007, 09:25 AM
maybe you shouldn't speed if you dont' want a ticket. did you ever think about that?

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 09:26 AM
maybe you shouldn't speed if you dont' want a ticket. did you ever think about that?

shut up DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right though , going 5mph over was very wreckless and I could have caused an accident.

itsjustdee
09-06-2007, 09:27 AM
shut up DEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right though , going 5mph over was very wreckless and I could have caused an accident.

you know i'm right!!! :tongue1:
are you going to the v tonight?

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 09:27 AM
you know i'm right!!! :tongue1:
are you going to the v tonight?

Possibly :blah:

itsjustdee
09-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Possibly :blah:

:slap: :slap:

that's what i'm gona do to you if i see you.

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 09:32 AM
:slap: :slap:

that's what i'm gona do to you if i see you.

:boxing:

Jecht
09-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Well good luck with the ticket George.

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 10:30 AM
haha he wrote down 08 WRX when I have an 04....gay

Annihilation
09-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Just plead NOT GUILTY...Take it to trial and tell them to pull out the video tape...if they cant or wont, it automatically gets dropped.

Someone had stole my license and car info one time a while ago and well i got this shit in the mail saying i didn't show up to court and i told them it wasn't me, but The Cop said it was me. well i plead not guilty and told the cop to get the video tape....nvr showed up with a tape cuz my face wasn't on it. BAM no charge for me

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Just plead NOT GUILTY...Take it to trial and tell them to pull out the video tape...if they cant or wont, it automatically gets dropped.

Someone had stole my license and car info one time a while ago and well i got this shit in the mail saying i didn't show up to court and i told them it wasn't me, but The Cop said it was me. well i plead not guilty and told the cop to get the video tape....nvr showed up with a tape cuz my face wasn't on it. BAM no charge for me

GREAT POINT! REPS 4 YOU!

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 10:46 AM
haha he wrote down 08 WRX when I have an 04....gay

Aren't there certain technicalities for which you could get out of the ticket?
Is this not one of em?

buffdaddy18
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Is this not one of em?

exactly what i was gonna say. this alone will probably get it thrown out. if not, then the fact he marked "heavy traffic" on a city street with many stoplights also gives you a good defense, and will also cause the ticket to get dismissed.

buffdaddy18
09-06-2007, 10:56 AM
or you could say you were racially profiled, and get a sweet little lawsuit going on. :rofl:

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 11:14 AM

really where is the GA Code that states that? try again. :goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Is this not one of em?
dont ever fucking post in a thread about tickets again you retard.

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
exactly what i was gonna say. this alone will probably get it thrown out. if not, then the fact he marked "heavy traffic" on a city street with many stoplights also gives you a good defense, and will also cause the ticket to get dismissed.

you either..... fucking retards.

Nomad!
09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
i think you should fight it and represent yourself! i mean heavy traffic take pics of the 3 intersections at the same time of day, if they are always busy to show that 70 is impossible to pull off! :dunno:
X2

I was in a similar situation a few years back. Basically the cop embellished the stop in order to make me look guilty. The I was able to convinced the judge that the cop was full of shyte so he let me go without a fine or points.

I say FIGHT THE POWER!!!

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 11:22 AM
yep if what you say is true fight it. ask for all the evidence against you in discovery.
the easiest thing to do would be to plea down the case. to 14 over or less. worst case is volunteer for community service.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 11:22 AM
dont ever fucking post in a thread about tickets again you retard.

and just who the fuck are you?:thinking:
How about you go suck on some down syndrome dick, retard.:goodjob:

Nomad!
09-06-2007, 11:23 AM
...the fact that the cop wrote on my ticket that I was driving a Mitsubishi Stratus definitely helped. Hopefully the heavy traffic written on your ticket will have the same effect :goodjob:

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 11:26 AM
...the fact that the cop wrote on my ticket that I was driving a Mitsubishi Stratus definitely helped. Hopefully the heavy traffic written on your ticket will have the same effect :goodjob:

I've seen numerous situations where the officer has written
erroneous information on a citation and said citation was dismissed....

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
really where is the GA Code that states that? try again. :goodjob:

To side with im slightly, I just got off the phone with a lawyer, and they are by law supposed to pace for at least a 1/4 of a mile. And the lawyer just so happened to work on the Atlanta police force for 19 years, and mentioned that the speedos in 90 percent of patrol cars hardly work.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Simple minded ass monkeys adding nothing but BS to a thread is FTL...

1000cckiller
09-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Actually they do have to pace you for sometime to say they have you at a certain speed, I cant remember how long but I will check for you. I used to wofk at the sheriffs department. Also if they put the wrong year on your ticket for your car, you can say he mistaked you car for another. Because 08 and a 04 are two different cars.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Actually they do have to pace you for sometime to say they have you at a certain speed, I cant remember how long but I will check for you. I used to wofk at the sheriffs department. Also if they put the wrong year on your ticket for your car, you can say he mistaked you car for another. Because 08 and a 04 are two different cars.

Thank you...

So where's the poo slinging monkey who put his foot in his mouth at now?:lmfao:

1000cckiller
09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Thank you...

So where's the poo slinging monkey who put his foot in his mouth at now?:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

RISKYB
09-06-2007, 11:35 AM
in a court of law you need proof, without its your word against his total bs, ask for the charges to be dropped b/c he has no proof

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 11:36 AM

The length is 1/4 of a mile. Thanks for the last tip, I will remember that. Im going to plead Not Guilty and request a trial date.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 11:37 AM
The length is 1/4 of a mile. Thanks for the last tip, I will remember that. Im going to plead Not Guilty and request a trial date.

:goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
i said where is the ga code please list it for me. with out stating the fucking code you asshats are talking out your ass. that is all.

good luck on the cop marked the wrong box. i hope u use that as a defense.

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I fought a red light ticket in Atlanta a few years ago and won. If you really feel that it's BS, fight it. Worse that can happen is what's already happened, which is you have to pay for the ticket. Best case scenario, it gets dropped or at the very least reduced.

It only makes sense that there is a minimum distance that the car has to travel in order to make a "pace" case stick. I also think that if he marked that traffic was "heavy" it goes further to support your claim than it does his. IF in fact you'd been going thru "heavy" traffic at that rate of speed, he could of easily charged you with the much more severe "reckless driving".

Sounds to me like he made a rookie mistake and was a bit over zealous in wanting to write someone a ticket. I say fight it and take your chances. :goodjob:

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I fought a red light ticket in Atlanta a few years ago and won. If you really feel that it's BS, fight it. Worse that can happen is what's already happened, which is you have to pay for the ticket. Best case scenario, it gets dropped or at the very least reduced.

It only makes sense that there is a minimum distance that the car has to travel in order to make a "pace" case stick. I also think that if he marked that traffic was "heavy" it goes further to support your claim than it does his. IF in fact you'd been going thru "heavy" traffic at that rate of speed, he could of easily charged you with the much more severe "reckless driving".

Sounds to me like he made a rookie mistake and was a bit over zealous in wanting to write someone a ticket. I say fight it and take your chances. :goodjob:

Id rather not represent myself at trial, so if you can reccommend anyone to me Jaime that would be great.

Ran
09-06-2007, 12:05 PM
i said where is the ga code please list it for me. with out stating the fucking code you asshats are talking out your ass. that is all.

good luck on the cop marked the wrong box. i hope u use that as a defense.Instead of flinging crap around on everyone elses post, how about posting a solution yourself? Could be a bit more constructive, don't you think?

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Instead of flinging crap around on everyone elses post, how about posting a solution yourself? Could be a bit more constructive, don't you think?
i did keep reading.

BobbyFresco
09-06-2007, 12:07 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ran again.

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 12:08 PM
I respect cops for what they do, but this guy was one of a kind for sure. I have refrained from saying what I feel since Im sure that would spark a huge discussion which wasnt meant for on this thread.

Dracc
09-06-2007, 12:10 PM
i thought all traffic cops had to write calibration numbers on the ticket or atleast say the radar was on and working on the ticket.. i say fight it in traffic court.. plead not guilty and explain

Ran
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
i did keep reading.You recommended that he plea down the case. I could understand going that route if you have the extra cash and just want it done and away with. However, his question wasn't about pleaing down the fine or losing his license. It was about getting the ticket thrown out considering that it was a bullsh*t ticket.

When I recommended posting something constructive, I was referring to recommending technicalities that he could look for or what scenarios he could be facing. Perhaps what would be his best route to getting the ticket thrown out.

Nemesis
09-06-2007, 12:13 PM
i thought all traffic cops had to write calibration numbers on the ticket or atleast say the radar was on and working on the ticket.. i say fight it in traffic court.. plead not guilty and explain

If I plead not guilty I will be given a a court date. Any type of plea deal is an admission of guilt so that's out of the question because I know what he did was wrong. I have been told, that guessing a speed from a cop is and can hold up in court. Its up to me or my lawyer to question the officer enough to make him either A. Look stupid or B. Prove that he was wrong.

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 12:26 PM
i guess i wasnt clear. plead not guilty subpoena the tapes.

JITB
09-06-2007, 12:35 PM
i was hit with the ole pacing ticket before, but it was in dekalb county.

but i have had alot of BS tickets like the one you have now, and honestly i doubt he will even show up. And the best thing you can do is fight it if he does...it seems like you have more on your side than the cop does. i wouldnt even waste money on a lawyer, unless you can.

GIXXERDK
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
I did ask, he got pissed, got back in his patrol car, sat for another 15 minutes, figured out he couldnt write a ticket for anything else, and said if I dont sign the tickets he's going to take me to jail. :shrug:

All while traffic is being backed up in the intersection. He didnt even let me pull into a lot.

I've had a similar encounter. Cop told me he was going to take me to jail if I didnt shut-up. :lmfao:

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 01:20 PM
i was hit with the ole pacing ticket before, but it was in dekalb county.

but i have had alot of BS tickets like the one you have now, and honestly i doubt he will even show up. And the best thing you can do is fight it if he does...it seems like you have more on your side than the cop does. i wouldnt even waste money on a lawyer, unless you can.

i agree.

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2007, 01:48 PM
You can get a lawyer, but I think it will probably not be necessary unless this is like your 3rd strike and you'll license type thing.

When I fought my red light ticket, I had to go to that crazy traffic court in Downtown Atlanta. Sat there for a little bit until my case got called. They had like this big mock intersection with little cars for you to use as a visual aid. Anyway, I plead my case and won. It lasted all of 5 mins. It wasn't that hard really. In my case, common sense prevailed. Officer that didn't even get out of his squad car to write the ticket, didn't. :D

Seriously, I'd fight it if I were you and felt this way. If it's BS, it's BS. Just prepare yourself and take pics (which I know you KNOW how to do;) ) and basically show that it was impossible for you to be traveling at that rate of speed at that time.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, my next suggestion would be to speak to the solicitor and get it plead down to almost nothing. No points, no insurance issues, just pay the fine and move on. Afterall, how much money will it cost you to spend a whole day in court fighting this? Sometimes diminishing returns kicks in, you know?

I'll tell you what, for the right price......I'll represent ya;) ......I'd have them so baffled with bullshit they wouldn't know where the gavel was fast enough to shoo us off.....:lmfao: :D

Good luck. :goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 02:14 PM
You can get a lawyer, but I think it will probably not be necessary unless this is like your 3rd strike and you'll license type thing.

When I fought my red light ticket, I had to go to that crazy traffic court in Downtown Atlanta. Sat there for a little bit until my case got called. They had like this big mock intersection with little cars for you to use as a visual aid. Anyway, I plead my case and won. It lasted all of 5 mins. It wasn't that hard really. In my case, common sense prevailed. Officer that didn't even get out of his squad car to write the ticket, didn't. :D

Seriously, I'd fight it if I were you and felt this way. If it's BS, it's BS. Just prepare yourself and take pics (which I know you KNOW how to do;) ) and basically show that it was impossible for you to be traveling at that rate of speed at that time.

If you don't feel comfortable doing that, my next suggestion would be to speak to the solicitor and get it plead down to almost nothing. No points, no insurance issues, just pay the fine and move on. Afterall, how much money will it cost you to spend a whole day in court fighting this? Sometimes diminishing returns kicks in, you know?

I'll tell you what, for the right price......I'll represent ya;) ......I'd have them so baffled with bullshit they wouldn't know where the gavel was fast enough to shoo us off.....:lmfao: :D

Good luck. :goodjob:
can anyone represent you or do u have to be a lawyer?

Jaimecbr900
09-06-2007, 02:18 PM
can anyone represent you or do u have to be a lawyer?

What are you talking about.....I AM a lawyer......:D JP. :lmfao:

I believe anyone can represent you in a civil action, but I think you have to be a bonafide lawyer for anything criminal. Not sure where traffic falls into this since you can technically go to jail for some traffic offenses, yet most are handled just like a civil trial.

I'd have to ask to be sure.

Leadfoot_mf
09-06-2007, 02:33 PM
on that note who wants a divorce?

Fast Shadow
09-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Im not going to give a long drawn out story, just want some opinions.

3 intersections... one in front of Emerils in Buckhead, one before 400, and one after. Total length approx 1/2 mile. Silver maxima going way under speed limit. I pull into fast lane to pass, hit gas, doing around 50 steady, pass the second light and notice ATLPD pull out behind 3 cars with lights on. He holds me in the middle of the intersection to turn while blocking traffic to write me a ticket for about 20 minutes. Cites me for 70 in a 45, and said he was following me for 1/2 mile. Total BS. Can I fight this?

The rich old whites in Buckhead are clearing all of the groups they call "minorities" out of the area. Noticed that all the clubs are gone? All the stores in Lenox and Phipps that appeal to those groups are going to be shut down, too.

Nomad!
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM

You could always use the Chewbacca argument :lmfao:

wantboost
09-10-2007, 02:19 PM
All the stores in Lenox and Phipps that appeal to those groups are going to be shut down, too.how the hell can they shut down footlocker and niketown? oh dont forget man alive.....

TIGERJC
09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
The rich old whites in Buckhead are clearing all of the groups they call "minorities" out of the area. Noticed that all the clubs are gone? All the stores in Lenox and Phipps that appeal to those groups are going to be shut down, too.
Wtf are you talking about? What does that have to do with this discussion

cruizer
09-10-2007, 09:20 PM
At the end of the day it is your word vs the cops and depending on the judge you might end up paying more for the ticket. There is always the chance that the cop will not show up at the court date and the case will be dismissed.

redrumracer
09-10-2007, 09:30 PM
ask to look at the video were he was pacing like he said he was

Nemesis
09-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Wtf are you talking about? What does that have to do with this discussion

Because Im a minority, and all cops are raciseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jecht
09-11-2007, 07:28 AM
So whats up George?

Nemesis
09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Nada, pretrial court date is set for October 3rd. Im wondering, if I take it to trial, how far out they will issue the date for?

Jecht
09-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Nada, pretrial court date is set for October 3rd. Im wondering, if I take it to trial, how far out they will issue the date for?

I'm not sure. I know it was in a different area, but I got a similar ticket last year here in Kennesaw. My second court date was two months after the pretrial, the third another month and a half, and the fourth and final one three months after the third.

Glides
09-11-2007, 10:33 AM

Actually, they are clearing all the dumb shit out of Buckhead. The dumbass shootings, the fights, the drunks, all that shit thats been fucking it up for years. I think it's great.

Glides
09-11-2007, 10:35 AM

Depends, if they think you have a case they will stall ths shit out of it. Happened to me in Tenn on the Dragon. I was fighting tickets that I had video on, they just stalled the date 3 times before I even got to plead my case. They expect you to just pay the fine out of attrition of having to take off work. You'll get down there and the cop will have to be called away so they will reschedule. Happens all the time. So don't be suprised if you have to take more than 2 trips down there. Good luck on it though.

Ran
09-11-2007, 10:40 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/mybucket96797/ASTROGLIDE.jpg

Good luck bro!

Nemesis
09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Depends, if they think you have a case they will stall ths shit out of it. Happened to me in Tenn on the Dragon. I was fighting tickets that I had video on, they just stalled the date 3 times before I even got to plead my case. They expect you to just pay the fine out of attrition of having to take off work. You'll get down there and the cop will have to be called away so they will reschedule. Happens all the time. So don't be suprised if you have to take more than 2 trips down there. Good luck on it though.

Thanks.

haha good thing I have PTO, and lots of it LOL

Sol-Badguy
09-11-2007, 11:21 AM
You could always use the Chewbacca argument :lmfao:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112583&stc=1