PDA

View Full Version : DownPipe fab

slow_hatch
09-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Well I had had to work a half day today, but once I got home decided to finish working on my new DP. I had to make some weird turn in order for it to meet up with the old exhaust and the only way I could think of was doing some pie cuts. Never done them before, so out came the sawzaw. Piping is some of that thin shit from the autoparts store.
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6769/sept009ru7.jpg
:D

Papa_Smurf
09-03-2007, 10:44 PM
lol @ ghetto DIY turbo kit ;)

slow_hatch
09-04-2007, 05:29 AM
lol @ ghetto DIY turbo kit ;)

Hey, its cheap and i'm making more power than you :taun: lol

Papa_Smurf
09-04-2007, 11:00 AM
lol ik ik.

i just remember when you popped your hood in the mountains and there was like a coke bottle as a catch can or sum shit. that made me laugh.

Cato ED-6
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Keep this up and you can call yourself Ghetto_Hatch....LOL

Really want to see this when your done.:goodjob:

I <3 my EF
09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Wow thats cool I wish I had a sawzaw and a mig welder. The endless possibility of fun...

sullen
09-04-2007, 03:33 PM
wow, you could have just bought the bends and had alot less welds... or gone to an exhaust shop and grabbed some exhausts from out back for the bends. thats free...and already pre bent.

KevinT707
09-04-2007, 04:31 PM
wow, you could have just bought the bends and had alot less welds... or gone to an exhaust shop and grabbed some exhausts from out back for the bends. thats free...and already pre bent.
True, cause that piece of scrap metal looks nasty. But good try

bigdare23
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
True, cause that piece of scrap metal looks nasty. But good try

It's functional tho........ ask you always say ;)

slow_hatch
09-04-2007, 09:42 PM

Possibly, but I highly doubt they'd have the bend i'd need. I'd still have to weld probably two or more different bends together at different angles. If you dont have mandrel bends then they dont fit up right. Pie cuts, when done right(lol), are the best way to make complex tight turns :goodjob: It'll work just fine :crazy:

EvasiveEF9
09-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Possibly, but I highly doubt they'd have the bend i'd need. I'd still have to weld probably two or more different bends together at different angles. If you dont have mandrel bends then they dont fit up right. Pie cuts, when done right(lol), are the best way to make complex tight turns :goodjob: It'll work just fine :crazy:
...I scratched your rims the other day. Was knocking the axle out of the hub after the fucker hit my front right. My hand slipped cuz a chick made me laugh or something and I hit the spoke. It's not bad...but I know it's there. I'm NOT happy...