PDA

View Full Version : Do i need this?

jdm_dunks89
09-03-2007, 02:06 PM
i took off the cover to my headers because im about to swap em out i was wanting to know if i needed this part or can i just delete it???¿
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/478/Image079.jpg

rickgiblin
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
hey bro... just go ahead and throw it away, its not important pos emission shit. :)

but for real, if you gotta do emissions, then its really important, thats your o2 sensor, but if you dont need emissions then you dont need it but its great to have

cactusEG
09-03-2007, 02:40 PM
yea man, ur ganna have a check motor light on all the time and like rick said u do need it for emissons

AnthonyF
09-03-2007, 03:11 PM
hey bro... just go ahead and throw it away, its not important pos emission shit. :)

but for real, if you gotta do emissions, then its really important, thats your o2 sensor, but if you dont need emissions then you dont need it but its great to have

you can't just take it out. If you remove it the car has nothing to read and will either run lean or rich.

what are you doing? a header or something? if so, it will have a bung for the o2 to go into.

T34me
09-03-2007, 08:39 PM
you can't just take it out. If you remove it the car has nothing to read and will either run lean or rich.

what are you doing? a header or something? if so, it will have a bung for the o2 to go into.

X2, dont listen that that "oh just take it out" shit. Like he said, forget emissions, it still controls how the car runs. Now, if you really just dont want it, you can chip your ecu and have your fuel maps corrected to run without it.