PDA

View Full Version : $12,000 Streetrace in STL

nightracer
09-03-2007, 01:15 PM
http://www.1320video.com/STLSR.php

Init2winit
09-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Most of those cars are a joke, and aren't worth a shit on the street.

Psycho
09-03-2007, 05:14 PM
That vid was gay

lunatic
09-03-2007, 07:53 PM
link didn't work for me.

Clegger
09-03-2007, 08:09 PM
wow that video was soooooo boring, and soooooo long

redrumracer
09-03-2007, 10:18 PM
wow none of them drove their cars there?

1320Video
09-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Most of those cars are a joke, and aren't worth a shit on the street.

LOL, okey dokey... I haven't ever considered calling cars with 3-5 times the power of my car a 'joke'

It's street racing, that's what makes it interesting, anything can happen on the street. Both of the first cars had mechanical issues. The second pair, the stang blew his tranny (probably from staging twice in a row) and the cuda was not running at full power intentionally, that's an 8 second all motor car and has a bottle in it.

That vid was gay

wow that video was soooooo boring, and soooooo long

It's funny, out of the 50+ boards this video has been posted on, this is the first one that didn't enjoy the video (and I'm not trying to be biased or anything)

I'ts more than likely due to the word "import" in the URL of this site :lmfao:

wow none of them drove their cars there?

The closest group of guys that came were from 300 miles away, driving an 8/9 second car that far just isn't a good idea.

WhiteAccord
09-04-2007, 12:30 AM
And thats why they arent wirth shit on the streets...

Clegger
09-04-2007, 12:39 AM
It would have been a better video if they all actually finished racing and you got to see who won...

Its like watching a reality show for 6 weeks and then having the show get canceled.

Thats why the video was ghey for me

1civic
09-04-2007, 12:43 AM
And your dumb ass was so worried about the Video you did a Search and then took the time to make a Name and post on this Site... :lmfao:
I haven't even seen the Video... Will I watch it, I don't think so.. :goodjob:
That much money on a Race... :lmfao: They could have rented a track to go race on... :goodjob: ... Later !

LOL, okey dokey... I haven't ever considered calling cars with 3-5 times the power of my car a 'joke'

It's street racing, that's what makes it interesting, anything can happen on the street. Both of the first cars had mechanical issues. The second pair, the stang blew his tranny (probably from staging twice in a row) and the cuda was not running at full power intentionally, that's an 8 second all motor car and has a bottle in it.

It's funny, out of the 50+ boards this video has been posted on, this is the first one that didn't enjoy the video (and I'm not trying to be biased or anything)

The closest group of guys that came were from 300 miles away, driving an 8/9 second car that far just isn't a good idea.

WhiteAccord
09-04-2007, 12:45 AM
You didnt miss out on anything... I t was stoopeeddd....

1civic
09-04-2007, 12:54 AM
You didnt miss out on anything... I t was stoopeeddd....

I'm glad... I hate videos that don't show a end to a race... :cheers:

1320Video
09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
It would have been a better video if they all actually finished racing and you got to see who won...

Totally understandable, that's why I put a warning on the video page saying that there wasn't much racing, but I was pretty interested by the underground "scene" and the people involved and how it was organized. That and I drove 800 miles round trip so I might as well make a video :)

And your dumb ass was so worried about the Video you did a Search and then took the time to make a Name and post on this Site... :lmfao:
I haven't even seen the Video... Will I watch it, I don't think so.. :goodjob:
That much money on a Race... :lmfao: They could have rented a track to go race on... :goodjob: ... Later !

Actually no, I have a stat counter that shows me the referral sites from the past 10,000 hits on my site, most of what I enjoy about puting videos out is seeing what people say about them and talking on different message boards. I'm not worried at all, I posted the video on 8 different sites, and now there have been 50-70 different links posted around the world, to me, that's a successful video.

Track racing is much different than street racing (obviously) and these guys are street racers, and nothing will change that. Racing at the track and showing people the time their car runs is a give away and fucks them at any chances of hustling people out of money.

Kyle

1320Video
09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm glad... I hate videos that don't show a end to a race... :cheers:

There weren't any 'ends' of the race.

1civic
09-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Kyle, You took the time to make your Counter, Tacker, whatever... Did you really think everyone would like your video or even the cars that where running ?... :thinking:

1320Video
09-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Kyle, You took the time to make your Counter, Tacker, whatever... Did you really think everyone would like your video or even the cars that where running ?... :thinking:

Yeah, I took the time 3 years ago, it's not like I'm stalking you guys, and no, people don't have to like the cars.

1civic
09-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I took the time 3 years ago, it's not like I'm stalking you guys, and no, people don't have to like the cars.

It must have worried you... I do think your here Posting to defend your Video.. ;) ..

David88vert
09-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Track racing is much different than street racing (obviously) and these guys are street racers, and nothing will change that. Racing at the track and showing people the time their car runs is a give away and fucks them at any chances of hustling people out of money.

Kyle

Don't give me that. You can easily rent several lesser known tracks that do not post times - and they don't care what you do (money races). We have one that we go to. They do have the times available for that individual racer, but all anyone sees is a lightbulb that shows who won - no timeboard. And some of these guys go for big pots.

A true street raceer would already have run at several tracks to know what his car runs - just wouldn't run close to home.

If you had rented a small track, you could have finished the video, done it during the day or night, and gotten the same purse. You would have lost the "discussion" at the end of who should get paid, as you would have had an obvious winner.

1320Video
09-04-2007, 07:07 AM
A true street raceer would already have run at several tracks to know what his car runs - just wouldn't run close to home.

Then I guess these guys aren't true street racers.

I didn't organize the event, but I wouldn't have done it at the track either, it's STREET racing.

Init2winit
09-04-2007, 07:17 AM

I'm sure the cars will run at the track, but for them to have to prep the street to do that.....that isn't impressive at all. If you like real street racing, you should come to my part of town and check it out sometime.

1320Video
09-04-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm sure the cars will run at the track

1/2 of them will refuse to.

on 3
09-04-2007, 08:37 AM
some people just don't get it
i've been to philly,miami,houston and tampa and thats how they do it there.
its a money thing.
they only street race

SL65AMG
09-04-2007, 08:50 AM
just goes to show you that real racers drive v8's......

every one of those cars has 2-5x the power of cars on here..... and its cheaper

chevy ftmfw

1320Video
09-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I was favoring the Mopar :)

That nova was pretty damn sick too though.

David88vert
09-04-2007, 08:00 PM

I didn't organize the event, but I wouldn't have done it at the track either, it's STREET racing.

Correct, they are not. They just wanted to look like they were big dogs on tape. Guys that have raced for money awhile don't sit and argue about the pot afterwards - they finish what they started. BTW - I am not knocking their cars - all of the cars looked great and I'm sure they are fast. Just experienced guys aren't that disorganized - and would have been in it to the end.

Obviously, you've aren't used to going to a cash track. They are usually places like old cropduster airfields that have been converted - normal asphalt pavement, just like the street.

I would suggest you head to a cash track, and you can put out some really good video. You obviously have the equipment and the interest.

koukis14
09-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I bet that mustang driver shit his pants.

Z32redondo
09-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Ya considering every car came in on a trailer...they aren't true street racers.

Deke
09-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Sick drag cars no doubt, but like everyone else said, street racing with a car you don't actually drive on the street just seems kind of stupid. Might as well take it to a track...

Init2winit
09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Ya considering every car came in on a trailer...they aren't true street racers.And what sense would it make to drive half way across country for a race? It wouldn't male sense. Which is why they were trailered.

Z32redondo
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
And what sense would it make to drive half way across country for a race? It wouldn't male sense. Which is why they were trailered.

What sense would it make to drive a STREET car half way across a country for a STREET race...Your right, I must have been thinking those were drag cars because they were all trailered to the race.