PDA

View Full Version : Misc Chinchillas = fun little pets

kfzemx3
09-01-2007, 07:34 PM
My roomate got 1 about 2 months ago and we just got our 2nd Lestat and Toco while there shy at 1st once they get used to you there just fun little pets, they play they talk to us, they do all kinds of goofy little things, and yes you can even play weasel bonk with them lol i'll post some pics when i get a chance

SL65AMG
09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
chinchilla.....isnt that a cottonball with legs?? :thinking:

1439/2000
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Tracy has some. Weird little fuckers.

CRXchic19
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
hmmm they talk? what exactly do they say??.....

i think its pretty cool they take dust baths, ive had a lot of animals, but ive never had a chinchilla..... post pics soon!!

Jecht
09-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I've had some before. If you don't play with them they become timid. They weren't my first choice for a pet, but my cousin dumped them on me because she bought them b/c they were cute and then realized she had to take care of them. lol

OneSlow5pt0
09-02-2007, 11:32 AM
i want one

SL65AMG
09-02-2007, 01:51 PM
can they walk around your house? can you train them....

sit, stay, rollover

they talk? what is it a fucking pokemon?

Tracy
09-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I have 2, Piggy and Puffy. I love them.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
I used to have one when I was a kid.. gray one named Tat Tat.. didn't have any pics of him though.. :(

cyb593
09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
i have 4 of them bad ass little pets. they can jump about 5 feet high. no lie about that one we built them a huge cage and what we call a thunderdome where they run and play. awesome creatures. names are mika,mina,lacey,cloey. they are the softest animal you will ever touch great pets and they are supposed to last like 15 to 20 if taken care of.

kfzemx3
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM
hahaah they dont really talk they just make funny noises, i just play like there trying to carry on a conversation with me lol.

yea you have to play with them, i spend atleast 30 mins a day with them, even though there not mine there still fun to play with. They have just as much personality as ferrets do

Pics:

Lestat
http://bob031.aisites.com/lestat.jpg

Toco
http://bob031.aisites.com/toco.jpg

cyb593
09-03-2007, 08:26 AM
here are mine

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/217/Mr2 pics/Picture%202541_thumb.jpg
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/217/Mr2 pics/Picture%202540_thumb.jpg

mika,mina,cloey,lacey in no particular order

Kevykev
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
WTF?

They look like examples of things that do not belong in the US. LOLOL

They also look like they would multiply and force you out of your house.

Tracy
09-03-2007, 09:10 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwww babies! My Piggy is such a little brat. It's so funny to think that a rodent can have so much personality.

1000cckiller
09-03-2007, 09:31 AM
used to have one, they do like to shit.

Sol-Badguy
09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I want one so bad..

SL65AMG
09-03-2007, 11:45 AM
did picachu come to mind, anyone?
they look kinda bad ass though...

toco looks cool as shit.... the others look a bit chubby...

its like a big mouse....

cyb593
09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
they arent fat. they are just furry. pikachu came from a pika which is a rat or mouse in japan. but yah i still think pikachu. they are about the size of your palm. about 1.5 lbs. very nice. they came from the andies mtns in peru. they like cold not so humid climate. sometimes can be hard to take care of them in atl. but they do shit alot but they have shit pelets not like dog poo. and they dont stink that is another crazy thing about them.

kfzemx3
09-03-2007, 08:59 PM
yea You have to monitor the temps & humidity in the room they are in, we have a dehumidifier and we figured out what the main temp had to be to keep the room there in at 73 degrees or below. anything drastically higher and you risk them dieing from heat stroke. So if your on a budget, a chin may not be the best pet, but damn there fun, toco is actually sitting on my shoulder as i type lol

Tracy
09-04-2007, 10:15 AM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32519&stc=1

There is my Piggy.

Princess12
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Are they friendly? I would assume so seeing that you speak very highly of them, but I'm just curious. I have a hampster that is out for blood, and she was supposed to be "family friendly" too lol.

Tracy
09-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Are they friendly? I would assume so seeing that you speak very highly of them, but I'm just curious. I have a hampster that is out for blood, and she was supposed to be "family friendly" too lol.

You know, all animals have the tendency to be mean given certain circumstances. I have 2 gerbils and 2 chinchillas. I trained my gerbils to be nice. They used to bite. I figured out that it was the way we gave them their treats. Whenever someone stuck their hand in the cage, they thought they were getting a treat and would bite your finger. They are stupid, they thought your finger had a treat in it. Once I taught them that they had to be picked up first to get a treat they stopped biting. 1 of my chinchillas (Piggy) came from a pet store originally (I got her from a friend who bought her there). I got her when she was full grown. She is very outgoing and has tons of personality. She loves to be petted. My other one was hand raised by a breeder and I got her when she was 9 weeks old. She is very shy and doesn't like to be touched too much, but she doesn't bite...just shy. Mine don't like to be picked up, but they are fine with being petted. Some others that I know love to be picked up. In the end, it just depends on the animals personality :)

Princess12
09-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Very true! Thanks for the input! I'm going to PM you on how to train a gerbil lol!!!

Tracy
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm going to PM you on how to train a gerbil lol!!!
To put it simply, you just need to think like something with a brain the size of a pea :D

kfzemx3
09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
toco will let you pick him up but you have to let him crawl into your hands, he'll run if you try and grab him. Lestat well he' will sit the front half of his body in your hands but he doesn't like to be picked up at all. both love to be petted. Just have to remeber to move slow at 1st till they get used to you

OneSlow5pt0
09-04-2007, 07:52 PM
they have very weak bones.so it hurts them to be held long

SL65AMG
09-04-2007, 08:57 PM
i want a chinchilla now..... man.... lol..... my dog(pit) would have a field day on them/it though....

and what is weasel bonk?

Deke
09-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I may have just made this up, but I think I remember seeing them in a pet store when I was a kid, and one of the employees saying they can jump like crazy. This true?

cyb593
09-04-2007, 11:20 PM
yah true ours can jump atleast 4 ft and they are like 4 inches off the ground. ours are very sweet. now the ones from pet stores will be more used to humans. and the ones from breeders not so much. our chins will even play a little with our pomeranian. we can pick the 2 from the petstore up no problem but they do like to play being chased. now they dont like to be hot so you cant usually hold them long because they get to hot. now they are supposed to bath in a dust bath one of the coolest things to watch. we never got bitten by ours. just licked and nibbled because of the taste of something you touched. also they have a fur slip mechanism that they will release there fur if pulled by the hair. the females will also pee at each other if they are threatened its pretty funny. also there tails can be pulled off. there is alot to know but when u know it you have it. but can be held and just like any animal trust has to be earned. but they dont like to be held alot because of heat.

cyb593
09-04-2007, 11:22 PM
also they are very clever they actually scope out every room they are in and memorize it. very smart creatures dont under estimate them.

kfzemx3
09-05-2007, 12:22 AM
and what is weasel bonk?

come on now you know weasel bonk, the old game they had at showbiz pizza before it became chucky cheese, basically a weasel pops out of a hole and you bonk it with a mallet. Now we dont really hit the chins on the head we just tap the side of there houses.

Yea they have whats called floating ribs, basically you cant squeeze them at all, if your going to hold them you have to grasp there tails as thats the only place you can hold them firmly.

JDMEK18
09-05-2007, 09:45 AM
they look tight!! looks like a bunny mouse breed.. Haha.. first time i ever seen one of these.. looks pretty cool though! I'm sure my wife would want one..

Gutling
09-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Might have to check one out. I used to have a ferret, and it was the worst mistake i ever made lol. He literally pooped more than he weighed a day, and it stank. And he was sooo mean, i would try to play with him, and he would act sweet and get close, then bite me in the inside of my elbow or armpit or somewhere soft. he would latch on and hold it, and when i tried to pull him off he would just grip harder. he sucked, kept him a week then gave him away, i couldnt sell him lol as mean as he was

Thought about getting a herd of hamsters, gerbils, mice, chincillas(sp) and putting them all together and letting them breed, see what kind of mutant rodents i can create. but then i imagined the herd becoming semi sentient after a few generations, and taking over my house

GIXXERDK
09-05-2007, 11:47 AM
We used to eat those down in Argentina

SL65AMG
09-05-2007, 05:52 PM
^^ what, for a snack?