PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Pioneer AVIC-D1...HELP

Z32redondo
09-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok so I just bought one of these fuckers and it is giving me some hard times. I have every wire connected except a light green one (parking brake) and like a light purplish one. The screen wont turn on for jack shit and im getting frustrated. I know I will have to tie into the parking brake wire to get it to work when the parking brake is up but how do I bypass that so that I can have it on whenever I want? And can I just use butt conectors to connect the wires or do I have to solder them all together?

98strat
09-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Very easy to bypass the unit. Its the same as my d2. On the main power harness there is an empty plug. You can use the cell mute wire or another wire. You put it in that hole and ground both that hole and the parking brake wire. The unit is then bypassed for video or navigation while driving. If its a used unit make sure that you reset it after you get it all done.
The light purplish wire is either the vehicle speed sense wire or the reverse wire. Reverse helps the nav know when you backing up and the speed sense helps it when you lose satalite signal. I can't remeber off the top of my head what each color they are.
If the rest of the unit is turning on and the screen not turning on try reset. If that doesn;t work then its probably gonna need service.

also try www.avic411.com experts on that unit. Make sure you use search first or they will flame you about asking the same questions.

Z32redondo
09-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Well it is used and I bought it from circuit city for $200 with a 2 year warrenty. It was a trade in they got. They said it worked but when I hooked it all up I got nothing at all. Like no sign of any power at all. I guess I will be checking my connections tomorrow or letting them deal with it. Since I got my warrenty at least I know I cant lose money. But it was a good deal considering it is like $700+ new. It jus needs the Navigation disk and I can get on of those for like $80 off ebay. Thanks for the bypass tip though im going to try it if I can get my shit working.

sirkus
09-02-2007, 10:44 AM
You can get those discs for around 40 on e-bay. I have the N2.. I tried to bypass it too, but the navigation knows when you're moving. So the video will come up for a second or two, then it'll say "ATTENTION bla bla bla your car is moving."

Wish my car had enough room for a dual din :(

Here's a link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pioneer-NAVIGATION-DVD-N1-N2-D1-D2-D3-CNDV-70MT-Disc_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38653QQihZ015QQite mZ250160267735QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) to one of them.
I got the 60m disc's last year.. they work perfect.

98strat
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I can burn ya the brand new 70 series (2007)discs if ya need them. Just give me two dual layer dvd discs and i'll make ya an east and west coast. The bypass should work perfectly. My D2 is fully bypassed and i can enter addresses or watch dvd's while driving.

The N2 has a different bypass then the d series units. check out the forums's on www.avic411.com for instructions on bypassing the N2.

Z32redondo
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I can burn ya the brand new 70 series (2007)discs if ya need them. Just give me two dual layer dvd discs and i'll make ya an east and west coast. The bypass should work perfectly. My D2 is fully bypassed and i can enter addresses or watch dvd's while driving.

The N2 has a different bypass then the d series units. check out the forums's on www.avic411.com (http://www.avic411.com/) for instructions on bypassing the N2.

Damn dude thanks. I will get back to you on burning those for me. I found that I didnt have a ground connected properly and now it works like a charm. I do beleive for $200 I got a killer deal. And I do not have a double din BTW lol. Im cutting and filling my single din pocket. I have 2 dins just a divider across the center. Should look pretty good when its done.

But really though I will get back to you on those disk's. Maybe you can buy the disk and burn them and send them in the mail or something and I can paypal the cash or something for the disk's and postage and a little something for the trouble???

I got a few questions though. Do I need to connect the speed sensor in order to have the digital acceleration and MPH gauges working. Or would it start working when I have the disk because then the sattilite would pick up my speed and what not. And also can I change the backround of the screen? And the color of the gauges and shit like that...I hate not having an instruction manuel. :tongue1:

98strat
09-02-2007, 08:21 PM
As for backgrounds i can change them using my old copy of the 2006 discs. The 2007 nav disc's have bad data to error a burner so i can't mess with them yet. Im working on it as i hate the standard backgrounds. Acceleration and direction will all work once the unit starts to calibrate its self. The vehicle speed sense wire helps with accurancy but i have been fine without it. We can work out something on the discs. Let me know what ya wanna do. The gauges can be changed from the standard on the disc, i think there are like 6 options.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
09-05-2007, 02:30 AM
i dont know if it was answered or not but check your ground wire you may have a bad ground. there is an pioneer avic forums called avic411.com go there and check it out they should help out

Z32redondo
09-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I figured it out...It is amazing now that it works.

İhris
09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
i need 07 disc... how much???

98strat
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Give me 2 dvd+r DL (must be dual layer discs) and like 10 bucks and i'll copy them. Or 20 and no discs. They cost 250 from pioneer. This is east and west coast. If ya only want east (not planning on heading west anytime soon) then cut the price in half of 1 DVD+r DL and 5 bucks or 10 bucks without a disc.

İhris
09-05-2007, 02:08 PM
i'll take just the east... i c u live in Norcross. can i meet up w/ you around noon on friday??? I work in Norcross

Z32redondo
09-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Give me 2 dvd+r DL (must be dual layer discs) and like 10 bucks and i'll copy them. Or 20 and no discs. They cost 250 from pioneer. This is east and west coast. If ya only want east (not planning on heading west anytime soon) then cut the price in half of 1 DVD+r DL and 5 bucks or 10 bucks without a disc.

If you make both east and west for me (07) and ship them to me I could paypal the money to you for disk's, shipping, and labor. I would spend more on gas going up there then I would for the disk's. LMK

98strat
09-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah i can ship urs NSCredondo. I'll go buy the discs tomorrow and make them for ya.

Chris yeah i can meet up friday. Im in peachtree corners. I'll buy the disc and then just trade ya ur new one for my already burned one or 10 bucks. Either works for me.

Z32redondo
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah i can ship urs NSCredondo. I'll go buy the discs tomorrow and make them for ya.

Chris yeah i can meet up friday. Im in peachtree corners. I'll buy the disc and then just trade ya ur new one for my already burned one or 10 bucks. Either works for me.

Sounds good man.