PDA

View Full Version : Roadster vs 90 Civic w/B16 vs. 05 GT Mustang

Doppelgänger
03-15-2005, 11:14 AM
So like a dumbass i was out at Mustangs. Let me first say.. im not going back. But, while i was there, i did get a couple kills in.

Rematch from last week.

90ish Gold civic h/b with B16. We raced last week and were dead even. Well, i got my LSD and a new clutch and put on my BBS's to save a little weight and we had a re match.

Out first run was ok. I hadn't launched the car yet with LSD and a 3-puck clutch. If you launch to hard, you get very bad wheel-hop and if you dont go hard enough you bog. I didnt get my revv's up enough and bogged. He got me by 1-2 cars. The next run i tried launching from 5800 rpm. I rode out the clutch a little before popping the pedal to reduce the hop and it worked. I jumped off the line like hell. Pulled hard.... 2 cars right away. I stayed ahead.

After running the hatch, i was called out by a kid with his new (dealer tags) 05 GT. I hear they are supposed to be flat 13sec cars.... but thats with a test driver sitting at the track all day to get the 'perfect' time. But i figure since any Joe Blow can drive a Mustang in a straight line, he could still get a good run.
So we line up. Go. I get another perfect launch. He gives it a little much gas and spins. I get about 2 cars again or so. By the time im in third hes slowly pulling up on me but i still got him by about half a car. Those things have some good top end.

I dunno what was up with the Mustang, but his reverse lights were stuck on... hmmmm. Oh well. Then we got busted...found out there was a undercover cop there.. i saw the car, and i had seen him talking to the cops before. After everyone left, he was still there talking to the cops....strange. Oh and, when he rolled up at BP, he was all like 'hey guys, i know where the strip is.. come with me.. this place is cool'...... we never call it the strip.. should have caught on right there.

JITB
03-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Was that "cop" guy driving a lexus? Anywhere in gwinnet is bad, im never goin out there, ive heard too omanystories.

Doppelgänger
03-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Was that "cop" guy driving a lexus? Anywhere in gwinnet is bad, im never goin out there, ive heard too omanystories. Actually.. it was. A silver later style Lexus SC (no numbers to tell if it were a 300 or a 430) rolling on 19-20 Chromies.....
Yeah.. stick a fork in gwinnett... im done.

JITB
03-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Lol that guy gets around...ill stick to the southside...:)

thinkfast®
03-15-2005, 10:49 PM
haha those undercovers ar BISHES MANE!!!1

My focus was in the shop (again) this time Im actually glad!!!

good kills mike (I guess considering)

CSquared
03-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Then we got busted...found out there was a undercover cop there.. i saw the car, and i had seen him talking to the cops before. After everyone left, he was still there talking to the cops....strange. Oh and, when he rolled up at BP, he was all like 'hey guys, i know where the strip is.. come with me.. this place is cool'...... we never call it the strip.. should have caught on right there.

lol that is awesome... we have brian spilner in gwinnett county

Buford®
03-26-2005, 08:23 PM
I dunno what was up with the Mustang, but his reverse lights were stuck on... Then we got busted...

Was that Mustang black, or a really dark color? I saw that Mustang at Target like two or three weeks back.

What happend when you guys were caught?
Nice kills, by the way.

Sport1.3
03-27-2005, 01:25 AM
yep dont race anywhere in gwinnett!! not that you should be racing anyways.. its so much more competitive at the track. and LEGAL!!! not that im innocent.. just ive got a racing ticket b4 and those can be a royal PITA!! did you get your shit towed? or go to jail?
hey JITB... you finally boost that 1g? (this is AZDriftR from MSProtege by the way)
damn i still wish i had mine..

MR. 200SX
03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Who said Ford Mustang GT runs 13's flat? Best time I've seen so far of a newer GT on the track its like a 14.5 .

Sport1.3
03-27-2005, 02:18 PM
supposedly the new 05 GT's run 13's... so says car and driver and the like.. but thats probably with a pro driver and shaved tires

MikeSRT4
03-28-2005, 12:39 AM
I think I saw this mustang on Saturday night on Windward Parkway turning into a nieghborhood. It's Black dealer tags and the reverse lights on. (old sign to show you are looking for or willing to race from the 60's/70's :goodjob: )

so what happened to you. Did you get a ticket or did they take your license and where were you in Gwaynett?

Later Mike

Doppelgänger
03-28-2005, 03:47 PM
nah.... they looked over my car and my liscence and gave me The Speech and not to come back.. and i havnt been. No tickets or anything. Some of the people that got trapped in got to go, and then more cops showed up and then everyone else got Loitering tickets.

Z33_kid
03-29-2005, 06:47 PM
yea man i seen that car around an shit

Z33_kid
03-29-2005, 06:48 PM
cops in gwinnet county gettin smart iv seen a mustang cop an like a truck to an crap pissin me off :2up:

RotiEatter
03-29-2005, 11:29 PM
What did you just try to say?

Vteckidd
03-30-2005, 08:35 AM
gwinetts been DONE for a LONG TIME. they also have an undercover civic si thats black. I actually havent gone street racing in 2-3months. it needs to cool down for awhile.

bottlefed
03-30-2005, 02:27 PM
North side blows thats why you should race on the SOUTH SIDE

JITB
03-30-2005, 04:26 PM
SOUTHSIDE!

jonnyboy0150
03-31-2005, 05:36 PM
What did you just try to say?

LOL! Who knows :confused:

LudeyKrus
04-15-2005, 03:38 PM
They still race up at Mustang's??? I thought people had wised up about racing there a LONG time ago!

Well glad to see they didn't rape you after watching you race.