PDA

View Full Version : I've got a couple questions about traction control...

madking411
08-30-2007, 06:18 PM
1, do ALL EFI controlled cars/cars with ECUs from at least 1996 have traction control?
and 2, is there a ''bootleg'', or ''trick'' way to get the Traction control to turn off if you have it on your car without screwin things up?:D
(similar to that IAT resistor thing...)

Reason im askin this, is cuz i got a 96 sunfire and i wanna know if its got traction control, so i can attempt some good burnouts/peel outs on wet roads without havin the handbrake on...Basically, just slam the gas to the ground from 0mph and screech the tires a little bit on accel.:goodjob:

xb1
08-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Very few cars have traction control. Especially 96 GM cars.

allmotoronly
08-30-2007, 06:51 PM
most cars that actually have traction control have a switch that turns it on and off. Your car may just be underpowered...

madking411
08-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Very few cars have traction control. Especially 96 GM cars.

Dont u mean especially NOT gm cars?:???:

As in, they DONT have it?

imgaylook@me
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
yall are dumb as hell in atlanta eh?

madking411
08-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Noo....im just 16 years old and im STILL LEARNING things....so, i ask the questions, to get my answers. This is the best place for mi to ask em and get reliable answers.

imgaylook@me
08-30-2007, 07:39 PM
ur making urself look like a shitsack...

madking411
08-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Whatever mann, i dont care. i need to get my answers. I dont like gettin FLAMED for askin questions and tryin to learn more bout my car.

imgaylook@me
08-30-2007, 07:42 PM
BAHAHA

silly shitsack you

xb1
08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Dont u mean especially NOT gm cars?:???:

As in, they DONT have it?

That would be a double negative. Since I had already stated that most cars don't have traction control, adding especially not would, in fact, be redundant. Its just the way English syntax works.

speedminded
08-30-2007, 08:02 PM
1, do ALL EFI controlled cars/cars with ECUs from at least 1996 have traction control?
and 2, is there a ''bootleg'', or ''trick'' way to get the Traction control to turn off if you have it on your car without screwin things up?:D
(similar to that IAT resistor thing...)

Reason im askin this, is cuz i got a 96 sunfire and i wanna know if its got traction control, so i can attempt some good burnouts/peel outs on wet roads without havin the handbrake on...Basically, just slam the gas to the ground from 0mph and screech the tires a little bit on accel.:goodjob:EFI? Where does Electronic Fuel Injection come into the equation? Where did 1996 and ECU's come from? That's when the US went to OBD II but still doesn't have anything to do with traction control...

A quick interweb search for sunfire traction control told me, "There is an unconventional headlight control on the turn signal stalk as well, and the traction control shutoff is on a switch next to the interior light dimmer, while the cigarette lighter is unusually close to the steering column."

Don't know for what year sunfire but might be a clue :dunno: