PDA

View Full Version : Battery Relocation

blackr1
08-30-2007, 02:14 PM
My question is if i relocate the battery to the rear and the battery is going into a sealed box does the battery need to be a sealed dry cell or will a normal battery be fine? obviously the sealed battery is a much better choice but i need to keep this on the cheap. please help
Thanks
Derek

blackshine007
08-30-2007, 02:17 PM
When doing a rear battery conversion, the best choice is the sealed battery. Mainly because most of the time, there's no proper holes in the back for a vent that a regular battery would need. The sealed battery would be a great choice. You can mount that thing anywhere in any position and it will be just fine.

blackr1
08-30-2007, 02:22 PM
i've done a battery relocation in my rx-7 but this is going into a 3000gt and i would probably make a vent tube. that wouldn't be hard at all. problem is i don't want to buy 2 sealed battery cause i dropped my one from the rx-7. Terrible car day.

noridetoolow
08-30-2007, 04:18 PM
with a vent tube you are probably going to be alright....personally, I would not run anything but a dry cell in a trunk or especially in a hatch.....other factors to consider, corrosion, leak of battery acid, etc...