also is he just a made up celebrity?

mocha latte cupcake
08-29-2007, 09:39 PM
http://www.seopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/02252006_google_girl.jpg

i have many mysteries about me... tis why i'm a 5th level jdm ninja :ninja:

i only drink sake now-a-days

KPowerEP3
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes, it's gin, but they make others, too. It's good..if you like gin, I know a lot of people don't.
As far as I know, Tony Sinclair is just some made up rich guy they use in the commercials.

Hulud
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
im feeling lucky....

Echonova
08-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Ask Dr. Dre. I heard he shows up with a gang of that stuff.

gtikid
08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
"Rollin down the street smokin on indo, sippin on gin and juice..........................Tanqueray and chronic got me fucked up now......."

:goodjob:

Whiteboy™
08-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Tony Sinclair, a highly-esteemed socialite, is Tanqueray's fictional spokesman in the US.[1]

It appears that the ploy behind this advertising campaign is to simply have the audience wondering: "Who is Tony Sinclair?", thereby instilling the name Tony Sinclair as well as the commercial in the viewers' mind. He is perhaps similar to Isuzu's 1980s campaign featuring the fictional Joe Isuzu or the British advertising campaign for Cillit Bang featuring the similarly fictional Barry Scott.

Tony Sinclair has recently made his physical debut in commercials, portrayed as a clever socialite of Black British descent.

there ya go :goodjob:

The Yousef
08-29-2007, 09:56 PM
fuk u.

Whiteboy™
08-29-2007, 09:58 PM
fuk u.

No fuck you.
:chuckles::zxflipoff:smilefu::321::2up:

The Yousef
08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
No fuck you.
:chuckles::zxflipoff:smilefu::321::2up:

i was saying fuk u to brian not you asshat....:goodjob:

Init2winit
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
That stuff tastes BAD!

Echonova
08-29-2007, 10:13 PM
That stuff tastes BAD!You must be white.

nextelbuddy
08-29-2007, 10:14 PM
shits fuckin nasty and ghey :gay:

Echonova
08-29-2007, 10:17 PM
shits fuckin nasty and ghey :gay:I agree.

SixSquared
08-29-2007, 10:46 PM
If you know how to mix it properly, then it is really good. It's a nice, decently priced gin.

Now a sidenote about gin... the word "gin" is derived from "ginevre", which is french for "juniper", like the tree... gin is made from juniper berries. Because it is made from a tree berry, it has a VERY distinct taste. Gin is pretty bad straight up, but, when mixed into beverages, can be really nice... think of gin like baking/unsweetened chocolate. If you've ever had unsweetened chocolate, you know that it's pretty gross.. bitter. Gin is usually mixed with different juices. It's really good in a gin and tonic (I like mine with extra lime). With gin you have to be careful when pouring. Because of the distinct, strong taste, it's best to be light-handed when pouring it. Most alcohols, such as vodka, rum, etc, do not have the strong flavor of gin, so you can go a little heavier. Think of gin as an "accent" to a beverage, not an ingredient. I usually cut to about 3/4 of what a recipe will call for when I'm mixing for a bar/workplace. Not shorting people, but it's easier to add some extra to a drink if someone complains than to throw the whole thing out and start over because someone *thought* they would like a tanq and tonic, and it turns out they don't like so much tanq. But, regardless of how many rap songs are made about it, gin IS a really nice spirit, when used accordingly and mixed well.

Check www.webtender.com for some recipes if you wanna give it a go. As far as brands go, don't skimp. With vodka, you can get away with using Barton's or Mr. Boston. I am here to tell you that there is absolutely NOTHING worse than cheap gin. My personal picks:

New Amsterdam (really well priced and pretty good)
Tanqueray
Bombay Sapphire

New Amsterdam is the cheapest, followed by Tanq and Bombay. Bombay is really good, and I recommend getting it for your first gin experience... it's got a nice mellow, smooth taste, because it's refined more carefully, and so it's harder to "mess up" drinks... gin is like cigars... the more you pay, the smoother, and they are DEFINITELY an aquired taste... you're pretty much guaranteed not to be like "OMG this is AWESOME" the first time you drink it. If your first time reaction is "this is not bad", then continue.. if your first time reaction is "I am gonna VOMIT", then you might not be a gin person lol.

PS - a lot of drinks that are made with gin are also made with vodka.. that's no coincidence... martinis, vodka/gin and tonics, juice mixing.. they interchange.. generally someone who really likes vodka will not like gin, and vice versa. :)

:goodjob: Hope I was helpful!

- The friendly neighborhood bartender.

Echonova
08-29-2007, 10:50 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: On a side note, I can't stop checking my reps. I must check them for 15-20 min at a time,:goodjob:

SixSquared
08-29-2007, 10:50 PM
lol I thought you would like that. ;)

Echonova
08-29-2007, 10:51 PM
lol I thought you would like that. ;)Indeed;) Opps, something just came up... BRB

SixSquared
08-29-2007, 10:57 PM
lmao nice.

Glides
08-30-2007, 07:21 AM
clever socialite of Black British descent

You lost me right there.

itsjustdee
08-30-2007, 08:55 AM
gin and tonic with lime :) yum!

DeeAOne
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM