PDA

View Full Version : Know of any good DUI lawyers?

Quik300ZBlondie
07-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Know of any good DUI lawyers? My man's livelyhood rests on it. He has NEVER been arrested before and now he's got a doozy on his hands!! He can't lose his license b/c he is a fireman.... and hes got a lil girl to raise. If he loses his license he loses his job... and hes almost a captain!!! HELP US!

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Sorry, but shouldn't he have thought about his daughter, his job, his livelyhood before he did that stupid shit? If he's a goddamn fireman, he should fucking know better than that shit. I'll be honest, the more I read this post, the madder I get. Has he not ever been called to the scene of a DUI accident? What the fuck?! Later, QD.

mi4dub
07-17-2005, 05:35 AM
back to washing dishes!
atleast he didn't hurt or kill anyone

quickdodgeŽ
07-17-2005, 09:05 AM
^^^ This time, anyway. It;s bound to happen, though. One a violator, pretty much always a violator. Later, QD.

DreamerTheresa
07-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Boo fucking hoo.

Cliff
07-17-2005, 11:49 AM
what a job for a drunk driver to have....on the weekends he risks taking lives and during the week he tries to save them

HiPSI
07-17-2005, 12:06 PM
what a job for a drunk driver to have....on the weekends he risks taking lives and during the week he tries to save them

irony?

DreamerTheresa
07-17-2005, 12:30 PM
no. Stupidity.

ash7
07-17-2005, 01:41 PM
QD already said what i was gonna say.

People who drive drunk deserve every single ounce of punishment they get. (and probably more)

ruah_23
07-17-2005, 02:33 PM
his hands!! He can't lose his license b/c he is a fireman.... and hes almost a captain!!! HELP US!

Which dept??:confused:

DeutscheBAG!
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Sorry, but shouldn't he have thought about his daughter, his job, his livelyhood before he did that stupid shit? If he's a goddamn fireman, he should fucking know better than that shit. I'll be honest, the more I read this post, the madder I get. Has he not ever been called to the scene of a DUI accident? What the fuck?! Later, QD.

my thoughts exactly.

sir2hb
07-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Alright guys people make mistakes no need to freaking snap her or his neck. She said he got a DUI not that he was shit drunk he could of had only 2 or 3 beers and got stoped by an ass of a cop you never know the whole story

Now by all means it was stupid

Heres the thing what kind of test did they do, blood test, did he blow in the test mach. at the station. If he blew in the one at the station and he blew high then well your fucked the one on the street is not 100% but the one in the station is real damn close. If it was a blood test depending on how long he had to wait is in his favor if he had to wait awhile his blood/alch. might have droped a lot. You need to know what all your dealing with. Basically in GA it is 0 tolrance but since he is a fire man and depending on how much he blew and find a good lawyer, you guys might can get by.

But you need to slap him in the head

sir2hb
07-22-2005, 01:09 AM
^^^ This time, anyway. It;s bound to happen, though. One a violator, pretty much always a violator. Later, QD.

Yo man that not how it works ppl change They just need to be shown in differnt ways

quickdodgeŽ
07-22-2005, 04:15 AM
^^^ That's why I said..."pretty much."

Also, I don't give a goddamn if it was one or two beers or 30 beers. He obviously was doing somethig to give that cop a reason to pull him over. A person of position should've had a lot more sense to do this shit. Fuck him. He deserves what he gets. Later, QD.

sir2hb
07-24-2005, 03:20 AM
ass munch

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2005, 10:56 AM
DUI's are prickly suckers. You won't find much sympathy from anyone.

As for lawyers, some are better than others, but in reality the only thing they are going to do is slightly reduce the charge at best. DUI's are usually open and shut cases that the vast majority of get pleaded out before even getting in front of a judge. That's usually what a DUI attorney is going to do, get you a plea from the solicitor's office. If he's had a clean record up until then, then he'll probably get the standard first offender sentence; license suspension for 6 mos, fine, and community service. Because of his position, he will probably be allowed to drive to and from work and any work related duties. He won't be allowed to drive anywhere else.

If he decides to fight it, he may simply be avoiding the inevitable. I personally would suggest getting advice from different DUI lawyers as to his options, but you'll find that what I said above will be what he is told most often. Pleading guilty before going to trial and getting a reduced sentence with a temporary work permit during suspension.

One word of advice: Learn from the heartache. I could've been worse, but it also could've been avoided.

ruah_23
07-25-2005, 01:40 PM
If it was a blood test depending on how long he had to wait is in his favor if he had to wait awhile his blood/alch. might have droped a lot.

Actually if u have to take a blood test, the alcohol level will be more than the breathe test.

Jaimecbr900
07-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Actually if u have to take a blood test, the alcohol level will be more than the breathe test.

Depends on the time that has lapsed. Side-by-side at the same time, yes. But if you refuse on the side of the road and then force them to take you to a hospital to draw blood, time lapses in which your body can metabolize alcohol (i.e. lower blood alcohol content). This is one of the "tricks" that lawyers sometimes say to do in order to try and beat a DUI rap.

Personally, I don't think it will work, but that's just what they advice.

speedminded
07-26-2005, 06:15 PM
It's not the getting to work w/o a license thats a problem...it's probably not having work to go too. I would suspect any serious offense like that in that field and he won't have a job.

Just like the Tiburon driver on here that had "one" too many and fucked up a few thousand dollars worth of custom body work...most of this forum is younger people that's done some stupid stuff at one time or another but he still didn't get an sympathy from anyone. My suggestion would have not said anything about the story and just said it was for an associate...but since you brought it up, what did he blow....apparently couldn't pass a field sobriety test either?

ruah_23
07-26-2005, 07:13 PM
It's not the getting to work w/o a license thats a problem...it's probably not having work to go too. I would suspect any serious offense like that in that field and he won't have a job.

It depands on which dept is he working at but for most fire dept in GA, he's majorly fucked.I don't know abt current associate but if you are new person applying for a job in a department and have a DUI record you are automatically have to wait for 5 years before you can apply(Gwinnett county)and even that, there is still no guareente that you will get pass background.

She didn't mentioned which dept he work at, so the best thing right now is mybe to look at the company policy. I know Gwinnett doesn't tolerate it at all even if u are chief,captain, lieutenant, rookie or a probe.

Gd luck!

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2005, 07:15 PM
She hasn't even posted since this post. I guess she ran off. I hope she realizes her mistake in being with this fuckshit. Later, QD.

ruah_23
07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
She hasn't even posted since this post. I guess she ran off. I hope she realizes her mistake in being with this fuckshit. Later, QD.

This may sound bad, but she shouldn't even post his personal problems in public.If I am her bf, I would be damn pissed.

ruah_23
07-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Depends on the time that has lapsed. Side-by-side at the same time, yes. But if you refuse on the side of the road and then force them to take you to a hospital to draw blood, time lapses in which your body can metabolize alcohol (i.e. lower blood alcohol content). This is one of the "tricks" that lawyers sometimes say to do in order to try and beat a DUI rap.

I don't know anything abt that since I don't drink=no DUI, but if you think theoritically, it doesn't make sense(for me).

The breathelizer uses ur breathe to analyze the alcohol level and this breathe comes from your resp system. Resp 101 We breathe oxygen till it passes the alveoli and diffuses in the capillaries(where the blood is mixed with alcohol). During this diffusion between o2 and co2, it makes the alcohol level drop because some of it might have been absorb by the renal system of the body before it reaches the capillaries in the lung.

so with this theory even if u took it simultaneously or at the later time, the blood will have more alcohol level than the breathe. And even that if we decided to take a blood test, don't we suppose to be refered to the hospital?

I hope my explaination make sense.:o

djmaddmartin
07-26-2005, 09:12 PM
I almost got a DUI for only drinking 2 beers. There are a lot of judgmental people in here. NOT COOL. DUI is very serious but not everyone is cronic drunk or a repeat offender. I bet every single person on this post has driven with a blood alcohol level above the legal limit a least once in there lives. If you say you haven't your probably in denial or don't drink at all. Ease up! People can be just cruel.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2005, 09:36 PM
I don't drink at all. Totally against it and have no problems saying that anyone who drives while drunk deserves everything they get up to and including a coffin. I'd rather you be in danger for your stupidity than me. What's NOT COOL is defending a drunk driver, and a goddamn person that should know better firsthand at that. I never said he was a chronic drunk or repeater, but being a person who probably responds to drunk driving accidents, this idiot damn sure should have known better. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Ease up! People can be just cruel.

I just noticed this. You're an idiot. What he did isn't cruel, but saying he is stupid for putting himself in that position is? WTF?!?! Later, QD.

ruah_23
07-26-2005, 09:50 PM
I never said he was a chronic drunk or repeater, but being a person who probably responds to drunk driving accidents, this idiot damn sure should have known better. Later, QD.

that's exactly why I give my opinions. Next time when your house on fire or u called the Ambulance, do you want ur provider to be drunk?! He should stop watching' rescue me' and actually wake up to reality. The think that suprises me is that he is actually gonna be promoted to a captain position and as a FF/EMT myself I know that position isn't easy to attain.

Jaimecbr900
07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't know anything abt that since I don't drink=no DUI, but if you think theoritically, it doesn't make sense(for me).

The breathelizer uses ur breathe to analyze the alcohol level and this breathe comes from your resp system. Resp 101 We breathe oxygen till it passes the alveoli and diffuses in the capillaries(where the blood is mixed with alcohol). During this diffusion between o2 and co2, it makes the alcohol level drop because some of it might have been absorb by the renal system of the body before it reaches the capillaries in the lung.

so with this theory even if u took it simultaneously or at the later time, the blood will have more alcohol level than the breathe. And even that if we decided to take a blood test, don't we suppose to be refered to the hospital?

I hope my explaination make sense.:o

Well, you are on the right path, but the your thesis is different.

The reaction that the lungs have to breathing is really nothing in relation to BAC. The only reason a breathalyzer is used is in lieu of a blood/urine test. In other words, it was designed NOT for 100% accuracy but for portability and probable cause. The handheld breathalyzer comes to it's conclusion by measuring the amount of alcohol on the breath and then using a ratio of 2,100 to 1 as comparison to actual BAC. So, the officer instead of having to make you piss in a cup on the side of the road or be a phlebotomist to draw blood, he/she uses a handheld device that gets them "on the paper" and thereby gives them enough probable cause to take your ass back to the station where a more accurate device can be used to be able to justify the charge. Follow that so far?

This is how people fight DUI's all the time. They are rarely succesful, but they try nonetheless. If the officer does everything by the book, this is why they have "procedures", then it virtually seals the fate of the offender. If they screw around, this is how smart expensive lawyers get their clients off.

So, my point is this: BAC by definition is most accurate when measured via BLOOD sample. Breath samples are merely accurate enough for a conviction, but not necessarily dead on balls accurate. Does .0001 matter? Probably not. Does .01 matter, sometimes yes. It may mean the difference between a DUI and not. The ONLY way to drop BAC is via metabolizing alcohol thru the system, i.e. TIME. The more TIME that passes between drink consumption and testing, the less the BAC will be. Right? So therefore, the only way to squeak by a DUI charge IF you are on the borderline is to buy TIME before you are tested. Only way to do that???? ASK FOR A BLOOD TEST INSTEAD OF A BREATHALIZER. Why? Because they have to physically take you to a hospital, which is sometimes miles away, then wait a turn until you are able to get back there to draw your blood. All of this takes TIME. TIME is what you need to metabolize alcohol in the blood remember. SOOOOO TIME is good for you when it comes to taking the test. Once the needle goes into your arm, all bets are off and whatever you are you just are.

IF you are still legally drunk then, you were drunk when he stopped you. IF you are barely under, then you dodged a bullet and better learn your lesson.

Does it make sense now?

Ms Dollar
12-09-2005, 11:31 AM
I didn't want to read through everything but Lawrence Korn...he's in the phone book, he was my lawyer for my DUI and he got everything reduced in half from what the DA wanted me to get....he does a really good job. His office is over in Marietta. I wonder if I still have his card...ok I don't have his card anymore but give him a call it's worth a shot...

rickgiblin
12-09-2005, 12:19 PM
mickey robberts, hes the best in gwinnett county, i know a bunch of people that got off really easly with that. its sad to say but the only got a slap on the wrist. i think the punishment should be worse

silver
12-09-2005, 12:48 PM
I didnt want to read through all of this... but just my 2 cents... unless you want to spend alot of money for an attorney he's gonna lose his licence for 120 days... and if you have the money to spend, the attorney will most likey take it to trial to get it off his record... and with a dui unless you have a good case that you can win... thats hard to do. If he has a good record he might be able to get it down to wreckless driving but I don't think the county likes those either as far as his job goes... But like i said it depends how much money you wanna spend and that will probably be the first the the attorney asks you. All attorneys are gonna be able to do the same job... just some are just a little more popular than others in the court room...

SEAN
12-10-2005, 07:23 AM
this thread was started 5 months ago...way to dig up an old one... :goodjob:

rickgiblin
12-10-2005, 09:04 AM
anytime...lol :goodjob: thanks