PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tattoo Question..

Romeo
08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
this saturday i will be going to get my first tattoo done. its gonna be my last name, which is Romeo, across my back. im gonna get it in script. then im gonna go back and get my parents and 2 brothers initals done right under it. in a row. i think i will look pretty good. how much you think the first part will cost. jw. thanks

TheGrillMan
08-27-2007, 10:17 PM
well depends on font and amount of ink used but id say around 100$ if just done in black

and btw come on man your name across your back? thats so OG TRIPPLE OG in a bad way

be creative honestly is nice art work to much to ask for on your body for the rest of your life?

Romeo
08-27-2007, 10:36 PM
yeah. i dont think it will be that bad. im not gonna get it all across my stomach or nothing. lol. but i think it would be nice with my parents initials and all under it. idk. still debating about what i should get. cause like you said, im gonna be stuck by it.

TheGrillMan
08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
yeah. i dont think it will be that bad. im not gonna get it all across my stomach or nothing. lol. but i think it would be nice with my parents initials and all under it. idk. still debating about what i should get. cause like you said, im gonna be stuck by it.

honestly id go to a good artist and bounce idea off him but tell him you actually want art and he will prob come up with something nice i mean there artists for a reason lol

btw having a rocker( across your stomach) is tight work

Romeo
08-27-2007, 10:42 PM
im gonna have it done by someone i actually have faith in. lol. definetly dont want it to be looking like shit 10 yrs down the road. and yes it is. but im saying like some mexican og gangsta straight out of cali. haha.

SixSquared
08-28-2007, 01:25 AM
All the way across your shoulderblades? Pretty big piece.

I'm gonna take the side of the tattoo snobs, and I know that if QD sees this he'll more than likely agree, since he and I seem to stand in the same position on tattoos, and that is:

If you're concerned about how much it costs, don't get it... cheap tattoos are never good and good tattoos are never cheap.

My half sleeve that I got started two weeks ago is gonna cost me a grand total of about $1250, but it's worth it because it's really good quality work, for one, and 2, it's covering up a cheap $100 tattoo that I got years ago.

People who worry about cost generally either get big tattoos that look like shit, or they get a decent tattoo, but the design is one that really needed to be bigger in order to look right, and it's small so it looks weird. Kapische?

Stormhammer
08-28-2007, 02:48 AM
hmm, I've been tempted to get something and have it highlighted in UV, or something solely UV ( more for career reasonings )

Mr. Clean
08-28-2007, 08:30 AM
yeah if you a tattoo you will like, you need to go a good artist in atl and pay the big bucks! i promise it will be worth it

xlilvi3tx
08-28-2007, 09:00 AM
it all depend on how many letters, how big, and the text. mines was a 10 letter word going across my back. it costed me $200. it was done really good n dark. it all depends on the artist. if u want really good work go to a white guy at a well known shop but its going to be expensive as fuck. if u want decent work that is still good go to a mexican og and he charge u alot less but it still good work. offer him weed and itll be cheaper. lol

Nomad!
08-28-2007, 10:46 AM
If you're concerned about how much it costs, don't get it... cheap tattoos are never good and good tattoos are never cheap.

x10

I have a Scarab on my upper back that goes from shoulder blade to shoulder blade (all black & shades of black) and it cost me $300, which was a REALLY good price.

My half sleeve that I got started two weeks ago is gonna cost me a grand total of about $1250, but it's worth it because it's really good quality work

I designed a half sleeve that I want to have done but I want to have a couple of different tattoo artists to take a look at it & give me an idea of time & cost. Where are you having yours done? I'm pretty much expecting to pay in the $1100-$1200 neighborhood but, it's going to be all black & shading so, I'm just wondering how much that will affect the time & price

Romeo
08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
price isnt doesnt matter at all. i was only wondering. but i definetly not going to have just anyone do it. and whatever i get done is gonna look good. and will be done right. i cant stand when people walk around with shitty tattoos. especuially when they are out in the open. whatever i get done is gonna look good now and 10 yrs. down the road.

Romeo
08-28-2007, 10:49 AM
but there are a bunch of good shops around where i live. just gonna go talk to some of the artist and get their take on it.

Romeo
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
My half sleeve that I got started two weeks ago is gonna cost me a grand total of about $1250, but it's worth it because it's really good quality work, for one, and 2, it's covering up a cheap $100 tattoo that I got years ago.

thats what i really want to get. or at least start on. but another thing is the whole look at that tattoo on his arm, blah blah bullshit.

allmotoronly
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
try being a little creative. Everytime I go to the beach I probably see 1000 guys with their last name on their back in some flashy font. go with something original.

Romeo
08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
yeah. i know. i want something with my last name in it though. i have a few ideas. but cant decide yet. so im gonna wait till im sure.

Romeo
08-28-2007, 04:42 PM
i know it should be my idea or whatever, but whats some of your opinions? like what do you think would look good? do any of you have some art you wouldnt mind sharing??

SixSquared
08-28-2007, 05:44 PM
I've designed all of my tattoos, from the big ones to the smaller ones.. here's two of mine.. I don't have pics of the start of the half sleeve up yet, but I'll get them soon.

http://b4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01061/41/84/1061374814_l.jpg

^^ Pacific Northwestern Killer Whale... Depending on which regions of the Pac. NW you go to, the meaning of the orca is different. They are generally revered as the rulers of the ocean, and it's believed that chiefs turn into orcas/killer whales when they die. Other tribes along the coast consider them symbols of longevity and fidelity, because they are believed to mate for life. The meaning that I was after is from the southernmost and northernmost tribes.. orca talismans are given to people embarking on a long journey, symbolizing a safe return, since the orcas are only up there every few months, on their migrations. Giving someone an orca talisman is believed to protect them on their trip, and deliver them back. I got that tattoo my last night in Athens, my hometown, before moving to Savannah... kind of represents always knowing where my home is. (Ignore the stupid tribal crap below it.. that's getting covered.. soon... )

http://b3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00250/35/62/250682653_l.jpg

^^Design I did on my left bicep (shut up I know I'm fluffy...not fat.. fluffy. :P). This one doesn't have *as* deep of a meaning as the other one.. I looked at a Spoon 4-2-1 racing header for a b18c1 (aka my favorite Honda motor) and looked at the way the pipes crossed. I stylized it and stripped it down to that basic design, and voila. My mom would shoot me if she knew it was a honda racing header lol.

As for my half sleeve, it's being done by John at American Classic Tattoo on Baxter Street in Athens.. really cool guy, DAMN good tattoo artist... DAMN good.

Romeo
08-28-2007, 07:44 PM
i like that last one. i was wanting to do something kinda like that. but i wouldnt wanna hear something about tribal or some stupid crap.

Julio
08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
I've designed all of my tattoos, from the big ones to the smaller ones.. here's two of mine.. I don't have pics of the start of the half sleeve up yet, but I'll get them soon.

http://b4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01061/41/84/1061374814_l.jpg

^^ Pacific Northwestern Killer Whale... Depending on which regions of the Pac. NW you go to, the meaning of the orca is different. They are generally revered as the rulers of the ocean, and it's believed that chiefs turn into orcas/killer whales when they die. Other tribes along the coast consider them symbols of longevity and fidelity, because they are believed to mate for life. The meaning that I was after is from the southernmost and northernmost tribes.. orca talismans are given to people embarking on a long journey, symbolizing a safe return, since the orcas are only up there every few months, on their migrations. Giving someone an orca talisman is believed to protect them on their trip, and deliver them back. I got that tattoo my last night in Athens, my hometown, before moving to Savannah... kind of represents always knowing where my home is. (Ignore the stupid tribal crap below it.. that's getting covered.. soon... )

http://b3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00250/35/62/250682653_l.jpg

^^Design I did on my left bicep (shut up I know I'm fluffy...not fat.. fluffy. :P). This one doesn't have *as* deep of a meaning as the other one.. I looked at a Spoon 4-2-1 racing header for a b18c1 (aka my favorite Honda motor) and looked at the way the pipes crossed. I stylized it and stripped it down to that basic design, and voila. My mom would shoot me if she knew it was a honda racing header lol.

As for my half sleeve, it's being done by John at American Classic Tattoo on Baxter Street in Athens.. really cool guy, DAMN good tattoo artist... DAMN good.

I would agree with your mom.

JDMjoe
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM
yeah if you a tattoo you will like, you need to go a good artist in atl and pay the big bucks! i promise it will be worth it
Dont listen to clean_dodge his tattoos are :gay: :lmfao:

The Creeper
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Go to All or Nothing tattoo and talk to them. I have 25+ hours done over there worth of work and all the artists there are incredible. all of my stuff is freehand. If you want to look go to my myspace = www.myspace.com/godofdeinewelt You wont regret going there. Dave tedder and Tim orth have done work on me, mostly Dave though.

iEvo
08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
i have a cross on my back, its about 6" long and 4" wide, i paid $160 at timless tattoo which did a great job. i dont care what people say about " i didnt even feel it" b/c thats b/s. but its all worth it in the end

The Creeper
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Yea I felt it the whole time, there is no going numb. and I go in 6 hours at a time, so it gets annoying sometimes, but worth it x93476495873457834

The Creeper
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
here are some small pictures of a few of mine, one not finished yet.

SixSquared
08-28-2007, 10:56 PM
I would agree with your mom.

lol shut up... I love my header tattoo... LOVE it.

Romeo
08-28-2007, 11:01 PM
i like it too. you would never guess thats what its based off of.lol. and where i want mine is a sensitive area.lol. so i'll be feeling it. i do like the one that goes from your arm and wraps around. that shit is nice.

Nomad!
08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Nice work :goodjob:

The Creeper
08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Nice work :goodjob:

Thank you, I have a lot of time and money into my tattoos. I love them though. all free-hand and original.

Nomad!
08-30-2007, 08:37 AM
all free-hand and original.
That's even more impressive. I'm not a fan of going into a shop and choosing one of the stock designs off of the wall. The three I have were free-had & original but, none of them as intricate as the half sleeve I've designed. I'm hoping to have it done this winter.

BLK JDM
08-31-2007, 12:22 AM

That's some good work. May I ask who did it??

The Creeper
08-31-2007, 05:39 PM
dave tedder at all or nothing tattoo.... www.allornothingtattoo.com check out there work man, its top notch. all my work is freehand from dave. the shop is off south cobb in smyrna

Mr. Clean
09-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Dont listen to clean_dodge his tattoos are :gay: :lmfao:

you just gotta hate cause your too big of a pussy to get one!! :goodjob:

Mr. Clean
09-01-2007, 01:08 PM
dave tedder at all or nothing tattoo.... www.allornothingtattoo.com (http://www.allornothingtattoo.com/) check out there work man, its top notch. all my work is freehand from dave. the shop is off south cobb in smyrna

i got one of mine at allornothingtattoo as well from J Ranno, i think he was newer guy. but yeah all or nothing was the shi-ot they have like 10-13 artists at any given time and they're open everyday from like 11-11. the guy at the counter said that all their artists are award winning (whatever that means) but they do a good job... brandon bond owns it and he is the bomb diggity

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Here's mine.....I was a senior in high school when I got it. Accouple of my buddies and I decided on the last night of our football "career" we'd go get tats. Mine is my last name which is Angel. So bash me for my last name on the back of my arm....lol

ORGANIZATIONXIII
09-01-2007, 04:31 PM
first rule of any good tattoo..

you never ask how much.. you know you'll be paying a decent amount of money for quality.. depending on where your going..