PDA

View Full Version : cobb????

03scooby03
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
is it worth the money? and whats the diff. between acess port and acess port 2.0, who has the best price? and what all upgrades do i need, i was told turbo back exaughst and intake. is there a quiet noticeable power gain? jus had a few questions before i spend the cash.:goodjob:

Deke
08-27-2007, 04:54 PM
The main difference between 1.0 and 2.0 AP, is that the 2.0 has a prettier interface. There are a few other features for the ap 2 that I'm blanking on right now, but their main function is the same, increased performance. And yes, either one is worth the money, especially after a protune. Prices for the AP v2 seem to be pretty standard at $695, however I think Batlground has a special going where you pay that price and get like a 30 minute dino tune (could be mistake on this, and it could also be over if I'm right about it).

You have an 03 wrx I presume (:)) so do a catless uppipe along with your turbo back (the uppipe should add about 10 hp along with a slightly faster spool). As for the intake, it's pretty much a waist of money. The stock box with a drop in filter is as good as (often better than) any aftermarket intake. You can do the silencer delete mod which supposedly gives you 1-2 hp and allows you to hear the intake and turbo better.

So yeah, basically for performance do an AP, turboback, and catless uppipe, and you should be feeling a nice difference.

And I stress this, if you haven't already, search around/ask on wrxatlanta or even nasioc, there will be a lot more inforamtion on those sites than there is on this one.

Edit: I did a quick search on the cobb forums and came up with this for info on th v1 vs. v2.

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33686&highlight=features

Maniaç
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
03scooby03, i thought you sold the bugeye? i guess not... anyways, richard called me earlier, and told me what happend to your headlight.. lol. ill keep a look out for a driver side headlight, right? and everything deweywrx said is true.. of course, you'd still be slow... id go with the vf39+STi top mount combo.

Stick with that combo until you'r ready for some serious power.. for a 2.0 Impreza, i think thats one of the coolest way to go... tbe/uppipe/STi tmic/vf39/ap protuned= done. good luck with what you do, keep us updated, and check out www.wrxatlanta.com (http://www.wrxatlanta.com/) im sure you'll find alot of useful info over there..

GTScoob
08-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Its good software, I've got some issues with Cobb but thats just because they arent making any custom JDM APs anymore now that they've released their V2 software; I had the money set aside for an AP but they wont make anymore custom JDM ones despite the fact that they've done so in the past, oh well ECUedit will do the trick for free. V2 has launch control and maybe anti-lag that isnt available for ver1 but if you dont want those you can pick up a used v1 for much cheaper and spend the money on a protune.

Maniaç
08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
bobby, can you really use launch control with the v2? and is it just like the two step the Evos use? interesting....

GTScoob
08-29-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure exactly how it works but yeah I'm pretty sure that V2 has a limited launch control and anti-lag feature.

03scooby03
09-03-2007, 09:14 AM
cool thanks for ur input, i will keep u guys updated

crashtke
10-14-2007, 10:09 AM
It only has launch control for the 06+ wrx or anything with a drive by wire throttle...least that is my understanding of it.