PDA

View Full Version : integra pedal jack

brownboi512
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm/fa/p/pid/1079/cid/86/sc/2737

im thinking about getting this until i get an alarm. how well do these work against ur car getting stolen?

khaxnguyen
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL nice.. they look pretty cool, it'll be kinda embarassing having to put a key in it and taking it off. what if you gotta pick up a girl? lol.
i think it'll work but weird. lol

brownboi512
08-27-2007, 04:32 PM
lol yeah i know its kinda weird. im gonna be workin at the mall, so i dont want my teg to get stolen. hopefully this will slow em down.

3kgtdrvr
08-27-2007, 05:04 PM
i dont think its a bad idea at all. it is kinda weird but if it works it works

lsxtreme
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
yesss sirr this thingg workkss.. .. you can try to prey it, pull it, shoot @ it, anything you can possible do .. unless you have the key.. your vehicle wont be moving anywhere.. i got one my self..

ATL86
08-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I don't see how it works. It looks like you're just attaching a rod to your brake pedal. How come you can't use it with a manual transmission?

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 12:46 PM
bc u can drive a manual car without pushing the brake down. u cant shift most auto trannies out of park without depressing the brake

TypeRPersonality
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
These devices work. My friends and I all have one. What it does is disable you from pressing down on the pedals. You put it on your clutch pedal, so the thief can't start the car or put it in gear. With automatic transmission, you put on the brake pedal so that they can not take it out of park.

ATL86
08-28-2007, 02:20 PM
bc u can drive a manual car without pushing the brake down. u cant shift most auto trannies out of park without depressing the brake

Funny thing is that my last car was auto, and I forgot that, lol.

It seems to be a universal application, so I don't see why you can't just attach it the clutch.

TypeRPersonality
08-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Funny thing is that my last car was auto, and I forgot that, lol.

It seems to be a universal application, so I don't see why you can't just attach it the clutch.

You can.

speedminded
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
lol yeah i know its kinda weird. im gonna be workin at the mall, so i dont want my teg to get stolen. hopefully this will slow em down.Have hidden switches installed for fuel pump, starter, etc. Disconnect your main relay, distributor, and anything else...hell, put your ECU in your backpack and take it too. You think i'm joking? Seriously...

ATL86
08-28-2007, 02:37 PM
hell, put your ECU in your backpack and take it too. Seriously...

:eek::lmfao: I wouldn't be surprised...

patrick4588
08-28-2007, 02:57 PM

most cars have a shit lock over ride on the shifter. put the key in and it disables it. lets you put it into neutral without bein on the brake

TypeRPersonality
08-28-2007, 03:18 PM
most cars have a shit lock over ride on the shifter. put the key in and it disables it. lets you put it into neutral without bein on the brake

Even if you could start the car and put it in gear. What idiot would risk driving away without the use of the brakes?

speedminded
08-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Even if you could start the car and put it in gear. What idiot would risk driving away without the use of the brakes?What idiot would steal a car?

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 03:21 PM
true, but if ur stealing a car you are not going to have the key, although i dont know how hard it is to bypass that. there are a lot of cars that dont have that though

speedminded
08-28-2007, 03:23 PM
^true, but if ur stealing a car you are not going to have the key, although i dont know how hard it is to bypass that. there are a lot of cars that dont have that thoughNearly all automatics have it, if not all in the past X years. You don't necessarily need a key, just something to push in the slot to release it.

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Even if you could start the car and put it in gear. What idiot would risk driving away without the use of the brakes?

...u could cruise slowly and use the e-brake...not that i would know how all aobut stealing a car or anything :goodjob: lol

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Nearly all automatics have it, if not all in the past X years. You don't necessarily need a key, just something to push in the slot to release it.

what about all the cars with shifters on the column

speedminded
08-28-2007, 03:26 PM
...u could cruise slowly and use the e-brake...not that i would know how all aobut stealing a car or anything :goodjob: lolI've driven from Lilburn to west Cobb Co. then back to Smyrna with no brakes in rush hour traffic: careful planning, timed downshifts, etc. and it can be done...i'm not saying i didn't have sweaty hands a time or two but it can be done.

speedminded
08-28-2007, 03:27 PM
what about all the cars with shifters on the columnWho the fuck would steal a car with the shifter on the tree? It's 2007 for God's sake :tongue:

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I've driven from Lilburn to west Cobb Co. then back to Smyrna with no brakes in rush hour traffic: careful planning, timed downshifts, etc. and it can be done...i'm not saying i didn't have sweaty hands a time or two but it can be done.

but thats in a manual, you cant use compression braking in an auto unless u put it in low but its still not going to work that well

TypeRPersonality
08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Who the fuck would steal a car with the shifter on the tree? It's 2007 for God's sake :tongue:

LOL, anyways, to the original thread starter. Yes, this device would suffice as a theft deterrent until you get your alarm.

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Who the fuck would steal a car with the shifter on the tree? It's 2007 for God's sake :tongue:

lol there are some domestics that still use it, along with trucks. plus like 90's impala ss's which have to be like one of the top stolen cars lol

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 03:32 PM
personally...i think you should get the trunk monkey instead of an alarm :goodjob: lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs

speedminded
08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
lol there are some domestics that still use it, along with trucks. plus like 90's impala ss's which have to be like one of the top stolen cars lolImpala, Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, etc...again, why would you wanna steal one? Joy ride? Go home and snatch the 26" wheels off your Cutlass and go cruise the deserted streets of Buckhead in a car that looks like an alligator running on dry land? Besides, the only later model Impala that matters is the 4,300lb 1994-96 navy battleship, the U.S.S Impala SS.

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
haha personally i wouldn't want one but i work on a few at work at it takes me like 30 minutes to get them started bc of all of the security stuff because if you take that alligator to atlanta it's bound to get stolen. just like old school monte carlo's. we are way off topic now lol

brownboi512
08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
lol thanks for the responses guys.

speedminded
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
haha personally i wouldn't want one but i work on a few at work at it takes me like 30 minutes to get them started bc of all of the security stuff because if you take that alligator to atlanta it's bound to get stolen. just like old school monte carlo's. we are way off topic now lolTell me about it, a co-worker got his monte carlo jacked at our office in buckhead...dude had some balls and skills. Around 5:30pm, Escalade pulled up, he jumped out of the passenger seat then was in the car and gone in 15-20 seconds...all on camera. Completely stock exterior with a "lil" work under the hood, never seen again.

3kgtdrvr
08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
damn. yeah i know a guy who was selling one and he was letting some guy test drive it and when they were done and the guy pulled over he got out of the passenger seat and closed the door the guy hit the locks and took off with it. it had "a lot" under the hood so it was gone before they could get in the other car and chase after him. moral of the story...always wait to get out of the car until the guy test driving does lol

3kgtdrvr
08-29-2007, 07:39 AM
These devices work. My friends and I all have one. What it does is disable you from pressing down on the pedals. You put it on your clutch pedal, so the thief can't start the car or put it in gear. With automatic transmission, you put on the brake pedal so that they can not take it out of park.

short the clutch safety switch and start in in gear. if someone really wants to steal your car, they'll find a way unless you disconnect shit and carry your computer with you like speedminded said. this may slow them down though. i still vote for the trunk monkey though lol

speedminded
08-29-2007, 08:17 AM
short the clutch safety switch and start in in gear. if someone really wants to steal your car, they'll find a way unless you disconnect shit and carry your computer with you like speedminded said. this may slow them down though. i still vote for the trunk monkey though lolw/o giving away too much info you can rewire switches: from your dome light to your cruise control to all sorts of other things. Be creative, a thief will have to resort to using a rollback.

3kgtdrvr
08-29-2007, 09:00 AM
hmmm...so speedminded's ignition is wired into his dome lights :ninja: lol
i totally agree with speedminded that you should hide little tricks because a thief probably isnt going to sit there and try to diagnose why you are not getting spark or something like that or carry a spare honda computer with him lol plus its free/cheap(if you buy after market switches to hide)

speedminded
08-29-2007, 09:15 AM
hmmm...so speedminded's ignition is wired into his dome lights :ninja: lol
i totally agree with speedminded that you should hide little tricks because a thief probably isnt going to sit there and try to diagnose why you are not getting spark or something like that or carry a spare honda computer with him lol plus its free/cheap(if you buy after market switches to hide)I always liked the idea of having a panel of switches that are sequenced together, then you'd have to figure out the correct sequence to start it with :tongue: Math geniuses here can verify this for me but wouldn't 8 three-way switches have 6,561 differant variables? So 1:6561 chance of being able to start the car.

-OR-

You just take jumper cables and touch them to the starter :gay: But that still won't make the fuel pump work ;)

3kgtdrvr
08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
I always liked the idea of having a panel of switches that are sequenced together, then you'd have to figure out the correct sequence to start it with :tongue: Math geniuses here can verify this for me but wouldn't 8 three-way switches have 6,561 differant variables? So 1:6561 chance of being able to start the car.

hahaha +reps! you have definitely thought about that wayyyy to much! :lmfao:

Jordanmd88
08-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Ignition Kill switch FTW