PDA

View Full Version : Run in Brandons Del Sol yesterday.

mushroom_toy
08-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Decently fast Del Sol would have been faster if Vtec engaged earlier and he was running slicks. Has a JDM type R engine. Is white with red rims. Probably seen it yesterday as he ran like 213123789 times.....and he said he wanted to go easy on it. Cheers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/th_MOV04649.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/?action=view&current=MOV04649.flv)

Shaun
08-26-2007, 08:53 PM
1/4 time?

Whiteboy™
08-26-2007, 08:55 PM
times?

KPowerEP3
08-26-2007, 08:56 PM
:doh:
wrong section

decent runs, though. I think.

mushroom_toy
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah Low 15s most of the day. lowest being 15.1 I believe.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-26-2007, 09:50 PM
With the huge wing in the back?

That was pretty fast times.

Jehu
08-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Nice run...what's the weight of a del sol? Those gears seem pretty long. What tranny?

collins
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
15.1? hell my integra did that with a b20 and bolt on's! and it was slow as sh!t!!!

Siverprobegt
08-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Samething i was thinking,it sounded lazy,and the gears seems long as hell....Don't a stock type r runs faster time stock???.

Nice run...what's the weight of a del sol? Those gears seem pretty long. What tranny?

Humphrizzle
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
i run a low 15 in my basically stock SI..

seems like the passenger and a camera was adding some weight..

lose weight cameraman!

SixSquared
08-26-2007, 11:19 PM
sluggish as shit mayne... on a type R he should be running WAY quicker.

And everyone asking, a stock DOHC VTEC model del Sol (with a b16a2, a/c, cruise, p/s, etc) weighs in at 2,491lbs without driver, and runs the quarter in 15.5 stock.

Modded Type R (which I'm assuming he's running basic I/H/E bolt ons...) should be running at least mid 14s.... my tuned/slightly modded GSR sol was running pretty consistent 13.7-13.9 quarters on fresh street tires.... The trans is geared way long.. almost sounds like an LS trans? Either that or your boy's a bad driver... and I mean bad as in bad.. not bad as in good...

blown_ss
08-27-2007, 08:07 AM
15.1?:umno: :lmfao: i would kill myself if i ran that with a type r engine, hell i would kill myself if i ran that with my ls.

1439/2000
08-27-2007, 09:06 AM

Long gears is caused by no power to make them seem shorter.

speedminded
08-27-2007, 09:23 AM
15.1 is what I ran with a GS-R gearbox and no LSD spinning 3rd gear. I bet he wasn't pulling off 1.9 second 60' foot times on 17" wheels and street tires with shitty suspension though :tongue:

I'm sure it was really hot too so cars weren't running their best plus how many idiots out there on street tires were playing in the water box screwing up the track ;)

Jehu
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, a lot of you are bench racing quoting numbers. All that run their FWD cars on street tires know that Commerce is not the best track for us. So cut him a bit of slack.

I've raced a type R or two in my H22 88 Lude and they've run 15.2-15.3 modded. So maybe his wasn't the best run but I'll cut him a little slack. My lude "should have" run mid 14's but all I could get out of her was a 14.8 @ 93-94mph running a 2.3 60'. And I've never seen a FWD drop below 2.0 60' on street tires...I seldom see them on drag radials. So kudos to speedminded for being able to drive! ;)

To really see what the car's capable of, post up his trap speed and even his 60' time (60' time will tell a lot about the drivers abilities while the trap speed will show the cars abilities).

Though I will say that I ran a 15.1 at last years Tunerfest in my lude but I had just put in an untuned P28. I dynoed it on site at the show and it hit 144hp and 145 torque! lol But who knows how accurate the dyno really was. A tuned H23 vtec had just dyno'd at 220hp and it only hit 180 at that dyno...

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
With the huge wing in the back?

That was pretty fast times.

Wing was on there when they bought the car....and I dont think it looks too bad. :)

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Its a JDM type R engine, but its using a gsr tranny.

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:19 AM
i run a low 15 in my basically stock SI..

seems like the passenger and a camera was adding some weight..

lose weight cameraman!

Dude..I only weigh 150.

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
sluggish as shit mayne... on a type R he should be running WAY quicker.

And everyone asking, a stock DOHC VTEC model del Sol (with a b16a2, a/c, cruise, p/s, etc) weighs in at 2,491lbs without driver, and runs the quarter in 15.5 stock.

Modded Type R (which I'm assuming he's running basic I/H/E bolt ons...) should be running at least mid 14s.... my tuned/slightly modded GSR sol was running pretty consistent 13.7-13.9 quarters on fresh street tires.... The trans is geared way long.. almost sounds like an LS trans? Either that or your boy's a bad driver... and I mean bad as in bad.. not bad as in good...

Yeah the tranny is a gsr tranny. they have ordered the type r tranny though.

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
15.1?:umno: :lmfao: i would kill myself if i ran that with a type r engine, hell i would kill myself if i ran that with my ls.

It seems like Vtec is not engaging when its supposed to. I just :???:

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:23 AM
15.1 is what I ran with a GS-R gearbox and no LSD spinning 3rd gear. I bet he wasn't pulling off 1.9 second 60' foot times on 17" wheels and street tires with shitty suspension though :tongue:

I'm sure it was really hot too so cars weren't running their best plus how many idiots out there on street tires were playing in the water box screwing up the track ;)

He was running gsr tranny as well with no lsd. Was spining in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd as yall can see. He was only running 16 in wheels with bf goodrich g force tas. Suspension is a full eibach coilover suspension.

speedminded
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
He was running gsr tranny as well with no lsd. Was spining in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd as yall can see. He was only running 16 in wheels with bf goodrich g force tas. Suspension is a full eibach coilover suspension.ah, yep sounds about right then, I bet 2nd gear it drops out of VTEC doesn't it? It's too high, using a VAFC i lowered my engagement 200 rpms so it would stay in, does it honestly help...not sure :dunno: That car is 14's all day with an ITR tranny...headwork, fuel, LSD, & slicks it should run 13's.

I ran a stock ITR and a DC2 with a H22 all night...the ITR was getting a 14.9 and the H22 DC2 14.1 just about every single run. My R/T was quick enough that i could beat the ITR across the finish by 1/2 a car length but he was still trapping 2/10th's a second and couple mph faster. I couldn't touch the H22 DC2 after 2nd gear, nearing the top end of 2nd i was always 1/2 a car length ahead but it was almost like he was spraying once he got into the top end and shifted to 3rd....torquey lil monsters. Plus i have practically no back pressure on my exhaust and my cams are tuned for mid range....top end is just about non-existant. :tongue:

As for the Del Sol with a stockish b18c1 running mid 13's...if it was on street tires with a GS-R transmission then it didn't happen at Commerce or Silver dollar unless it's stripped down to nothing: no glass and holes drilled everywhere. If it's a near stock body with a near stock engine then it's either spraying or has a crazy fuel mixture. Now if it was an 1/8 mile track with a 1/4 mile ETA might as well cut off the bottom half of the time slip :tongue: Let me know what it was, i'd like to hear about it.

SixSquared
08-27-2007, 03:43 PM
You're right.. it didn't happen at Commerce or Silver Dollar...Me being in Savannah, the closest quarter mile strip is Carolina Dragway, which is where I ran a 13.7 after I honestly thought I had jumped the light. The interior was out for the most part, and the ecu tune was quite aggressive... how aggressive I don't really know because my friend Kevin out of Birmingham, AL tuned it and sent me the ECU. The timeslips are back in Savannah at my apartment, but I'll be more than happy to post them for you guys to see when I get back to Savvy in a few days. ;)

PS - Carolina Dragway is totally worth the drive. Mostly grudge racing/street cars, so you don't get the crazy bumps and crappy prep of Commerce.

Jehu
08-27-2007, 04:16 PM
After posting my times with the H22 88 Prelude, I had to explain to everyone on PreludePower.com why my times seemed a bit slower than expected. Running at Commerce is not good to compare numbers from other tracks. It's typically 2-3 tenths slower from what I've found...and that's comparing to Steele in Al. Commerce to Silver dollar, Silver Dollar has about a 1-2 tenths better times.

The best you can really do is compare numbers from the same track. At least you're closer to comparing apples to apples.

SixSquared
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
personally I'm terrified of commerce.. All the bumps at the end make me nervous and I usually end up braking before the end of the quarter. But I'd love to take a look at that sol... Ive got a few tricks up my sleeve that could get it running a lot quicker...

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Ok guys learned a few things. Ok hes not even running the gsr tranny, just an ls tranny, unlike they had thought before. 2nd I guess yall dont know but this is a bone stock jdm type r motor, meaning no mods. Thirdly there is something wrong with vtec engaging too later + the clutch is fried. New tranny going in over the nect two days though. Cheers everybody, and Brandon says thanks for the comments and hell prob get an acount on here again.

SixSquared
08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
BOOM CALLED IT ON THE LS TRANS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*takes a bow*

But the clutch shouldn't have anything to do with VTEC engaging late... that's either an ECU issue or, worse, an oil delivery problem to the head... If I were Brandon, which I'm not, but if I were, I would get that VTEC problem solved PRONTO... IE before romping on it again. If it's an oil delivery problem, he's begging for a blow. And not the warm moist kind either.

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 11:55 PM
BOOM CALLED IT ON THE LS TRANS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*takes a bow*

But the clutch shouldn't have anything to do with VTEC engaging late... that's either an ECU issue or, worse, an oil delivery problem to the head... If I were Brandon, which I'm not, but if I were, I would get that VTEC problem solved PRONTO... IE before romping on it again. If it's an oil delivery problem, he's begging for a blow. And not the warm moist kind either.

Yeah thats getting looked at tomorrow more than likely, before they drop the other tranny in.

SixSquared
08-28-2007, 12:24 AM
who is "they"?

mushroom_toy
08-28-2007, 12:26 AM
who is "they"? Friends and his father.

SixSquared
08-28-2007, 12:30 AM
hmmm... tomorrow huh? In Gainesvegas? I could possibly be tempted to run up for the afternoon and lend a hand/some insight if they need it.

mushroom_toy
08-28-2007, 12:37 AM
hmmm... tomorrow huh? In Gainesvegas? I could possibly be tempted to run up for the afternoon and lend a hand/some insight if they need it.

Well hopefully it is tomorrow, but might be wednesday, I know he still has one bolt left to get off the other tranny on his parts car before the tranny can come out, so they will install it either tomorrow or wed. more than likely. Ill pm you.

JDMjoe
08-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Good luck w/ the tranny swap :goodjob:

Andy_013
08-28-2007, 10:46 PM
The black supercharge d16 Del Sol ran a 15.89

Jehu
08-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm telling you guys...Commerce isn't pretty to FWD rides! lol