PDA

View Full Version : What are WE going to do about this Growing Problem?

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 08:54 AM
Ok, in the past 2 months, i have had at least 3 friends have their cars get stolen. I have seen COUNTLESS cars pop up on here stolen , mostly all honda/Acura.

They all seem to be in and around the chamblee/gwinette/Duluth/Lawrenceville area of atlanta. So, im sure you guys are tired of readin it, and im tired of seeing it. makes me want to get out of the honda game all together. I know this has been talked about SEVERAL THOUSAND Times, but bear with me.

Every car i see get stolen out of these area's is winding up in 1) apt complex 2) a tow/impound yard.

I had a friend that had her car stolen and it was found in an APT complex, just like choice #1. The car sat there for SEVERAL days before it was even found to be stolen. and thats only because someone went in the car and found her info an phoned her. To my knowledge no one dusted for fingerprints, no one did any sort of investigative work to find out who the culprit was or if there was any connection to any other cases. they simply said,"heres your car it aint stolen anymore"

Now in the case of scenario #2, the tow yard (which is where my friends car was recently discovered) wants to charge people for storage. FUCK THAT. The car WAS STOLEN, how the fuck can they charge fees, more importantly, answer me how they towed the car and where it came from. I think some of the tow companies are in on it. The police are even less cooperative as their attitude is "we found your car have a nice day go pick it up". no one is dusting for fingerprints, taking statements, or doing any real sense of INVESTIGATIVE work to piece these people and their "crew" that is ripping these cars off together. Im shocked at the lack of cooperation the authorities want to give to this INCREASING problem. These guys that are stealing are AMATEURS, they cant even pull a motor out, they are mostly taking easy shit like wheels and intakes.

So, i guess this is more of a RANT. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS, all of us need to remain VIGIL and keep an eye out, NEVER THINK THAT YOUR CAR CANT BE TOUCHED. MODERATORS, PLEASE ENFORCE THE FOR SALE FORUM RULES with and IRON FIST. NO EXCEPTIONS, ESPECIALLY ON THE VIN and BLOCK CODE RULES. Someone needs to do something to catch these guys, as they are geting out of control. and there seems to be nothign anyone will do to stop them.

/rant

tony
07-16-2005, 08:58 AM
I can totally understand your frustration, nobody even has a clue who is doing this? Kind of f'd up the the police arent doing much, I'm sure that is even more encouraging to the criminals.

Julio
07-16-2005, 08:58 AM
I agree.. kinda crazy.. I sometimes feel like getting out of a honda.... and the for sale mods are the bomb and a bag of chips..

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh i wasnt trying to say anything bad, GA_TEG and RUT have it on lockdown, im just saying , they dont see everything at once, its hard ot be on all the time, so other members should be active in PMing Rut and GA_TEG to keep them informed if they see somethgin wrong or "fishy"

HyPer50
07-16-2005, 09:05 AM
You could always go domestic =)

Brandon C
07-16-2005, 09:07 AM
All I have to say is that this is getting Bad But has been going on in other parts of the Country for Years...Now With that being said all you can do is Get an Alarm or GPS system for your car and as I do Take Photos of all your valued stuff including seriel numbers and Vin codes. What can you do the police I am sure see this all the time now.....

Keep your insurance Premiums payed up...

Julio
07-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Oh i wasnt trying to say anything bad, GA_TEG and RUT have it on lockdown, im just saying , they dont see everything at once, its hard ot be on all the time, so other members should be active in PMing Rut and GA_TEG to keep them informed if they see somethgin wrong or "fishy"

Oh, I know.. My bad, that didnt come out right... :D

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Oh, I know.. My bad, that didnt come out right... :D
fucker. jk, hows your suspension working out, hows the car coming along?

99SI
07-16-2005, 09:18 AM
I saw someone the other day right after they made a post about selling an engine,tranny and some other things from a gsr. They didn't include VIN or block code, I knew Teg nor Rut were in there at the time so I posted that they needed to post up Vin as well as block number immediately. I checked back a little later and the post was gone. I don't know if he deleted it or a mod deleted it.

Brett
07-16-2005, 10:14 AM
They delete any FS threads that do not have the VIN number for blocks, etc

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 10:18 AM
EDIT: i just talked to my friend , his car was found in a tow yard. they pulled his swap out. so this isnt the "joyriding 17 year old kid stealing wheels." this is a different kind of criminal whose ripping off swaps

flysi00
07-16-2005, 10:40 AM
EDIT: i just talked to my friend , his car was found in a tow yard. they pulled his swap out. so this isnt the "joyriding 17 year old kid stealing wheels." this is a different kind of criminal whose ripping off swaps

damn they took the swap thats just fucked up well just taking the car was fucked up
i feel ya man about stoping that shit cuz someone almost broke into my house to take my parts

5thgcelica
07-16-2005, 10:48 AM
i agree. this is completly insane. and yes, the tow companies are in on it. not all. but i know some are for a fact.

friend had his car towed...gave the guy the key......once he got it back fromthe shop, was driving home one night and a tow truck was passing his house and the guy stoped dead as he saw my friend drive by, then drove down the street and just sat there..watching my friends car. my friend then parked his car behind his parents so they couldnt get to it.

RISKYB
07-16-2005, 10:59 AM
yes i agree with you guys, but what can we do? any ideas guys?

HyPer50
07-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Get alarms, get kill switches, take your fuel pump fuse with you when you leave the car, shoot, there are tons of things that can be done. If your investing a bunch of money into your car, why not invest in some good security for it at the same time?

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Get alarms, get kill switches, take your fuel pump fuse with you when you leave the car, shoot, there are tons of things that can be done. If your investing a bunch of money into your car, why not invest in some good security for it at the same time?
and carry full coverage. i know several friends with built , swapped cars that carry liability only. :eek:

This was meant as a brainstorming thread. the authorities seem to not be interested in solving the crime once the car is found. So what are some ideas. anyone wanna leave a car in a "known theft" parking lot and have a sting operation? :cool:

tony
07-16-2005, 11:28 AM
I have a neighbor who installs GPS systems on cars, it will shoot you an email or page your cell phone when the car is moving. He used this when he was getting some body work done and found out the shop was doing a little joy riding, whenever I get my car back I'm going to get it installed.

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I have a neighbor who installs GPS systems on cars, it will shoot you an email or page your cell phone when the car is moving. He used this when he was getting some body work done and found out the shop was doing a little joy riding, whenever I get my car back I'm going to get it installed.
thats a good idea. what other systems are available for us to use?

HyPer50
07-16-2005, 11:36 AM
thats a good idea. what other systems are available for us to use?

I used to have lojack on my old car. never had to use it, but it did lower my insurance cost.

5thgcelica
07-16-2005, 11:37 AM
I used to have lojack on my old car. never had to use it, but it did lower my insurance cost.

how do you go about getting low jack???

HyPer50
07-16-2005, 11:40 AM
how do you go about getting low jack???

Well, they had brochures (sp?) at CarMax when i bought my car. Check out lojack.com... it's not exactly cheap.. or atleast it wasn't 6 years ago when I got mine, it was about $500.

5thgcelica
07-16-2005, 11:44 AM
^ cool. well hell $500 is worth it whne you drop $10grand into a car.

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 11:50 AM
what are some other precautions that people can take ?

i personally never park my car where i cant see it like if i go into eat at a fast food joint, or restaurant. i like to keep an eye on my car at all times. I avoid being the one that "drives to the mall/club/bar/movies" so i dont leave my car unattended for hours usually at night. IF I HAVE TO, i pull my steering wheel and ECU out of the car along with some other things that i wont go into obviously. I make it impossible to hotwire and drive off, but what if a tow truck comes up and hooks it up and takes it? what are some ways to keep that frm ahppening? what do you guys have , what alarms systems , etc

HyPer50
07-16-2005, 11:50 AM
^ cool. well hell $500 is worth it whne you drop $10grand into a car.

True, it is heh. It's kinda weird, cause the car I had lojack on got broke into at the school parking lot (it was a tracker... so not exactly hard to get into, just pop the vert window out lol) and they just took my cd player and all my cd's.. I was actually hoping they would take the whole car so they could get tracked down. Gives you a bit of assurance.. Cause I believe there stats are that in 24 hours after the theft, there's an 80% chance of the police finding it, compared to "getting lucky" and finding the car with out it.

HyPer50
07-16-2005, 11:52 AM
what are some other precautions that people can take ?

i personally never park my car where i cant see it like if i go into eat at a fast food joint, or restaurant. i like to keep an eye on my car at all times. I avoid being the one that "drives to the mall/club/bar/movies" so i dont leave my car unattended for hours usually at night. IF I HAVE TO, i pull my steering wheel and ECU out of the car along with some other things that i wont go into obviously. I make it impossible to hotwire and drive off, but what if a tow truck comes up and hooks it up and takes it? what are some ways to keep that frm ahppening? what do you guys have , what alarms systems , etc

The old rule of don't go through your neighborhood with your subs hittin' hard is always a good one.. thats where alot of thefts happen, is where you live. Dont let it be obvious that you have anything worth stealing.. Of course when you have a show car thats alot harder to do. But ya, parking where you can see it is always a good idea.

sir2hb
07-16-2005, 12:07 PM
You know what, odds are they are probley on here scooping out what they are going to get. Think about it they can get on here look at post or homepages too see what you got, once they find what there looking for they look to see what area you live in or look to see where you hang out at for meets. once they scope you out they probley just follow you home then they got it once you turn your back.

So that said becareful how info you give on here.

Vteckidd
07-16-2005, 12:14 PM
You know what, odds are they are probley on here scooping out what they are going to get. Think about it they can get on here look at post or homepages too see what you got, once they find what there looking for they look to see what area you live in or look to see where you hang out at for meets. once they scope you out they probley just follow you home then they got it once you turn your back.

iM WELL aware of that fact. Im sure most of the thieves use this site and others as a resource. However, talking about how we are going to catch them and what we can do to stop them , does not give them the upper hand, it will make them think twice about fucking with a car

Marta Mike
07-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Well looks like you honda boys are stuck. Tow companies are in on it, police arent helping what are you to do? Well i think the best and only way to find out who is really doing this is to do wat vteckidd said, plant a car. Let it get stolen, and simply follow it. But dont bust them right away find out where they are taking these cars, whos in on it, and most importantly take pictures. Obviously ir will take someone with a very flexible schedule or no job, but personally i think thats the best way to find these guys. Only problem is finding a car to use for the setup.

Ruiner
07-16-2005, 12:30 PM

That's basically it in a nutshell.

A.P. Photography
07-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Hey guys,

Rut and I are all the time watching for things to pop up that seem out of the ordinary. Swaps or engine/tranny's have to have vin or block codes posted up. We will delete them when we see them or give them a chance to post them up but if they think we are onto them they will not respond. It is amazing we have the rules posted and hardly anybody reads them. Oh well, we still try and do our best but like Vteckidd said, we can't be on all the time so we need members to help us out when we are not on.

Another thing is the newer lojacks are installed with working alarm systems so that will be a little bit of a deterrent. But for the most part the cars that are getting stolen do not even have alarms or any kind of safty device. I will say that when a friend had her Si stolen, it was stripped and left in a field. They found the guy who did it because someone tried to sell her parts of her car back to her. The motor was Identified by several marks that she put on her self to help identify it. I recommend that if you do a swap into your car that you mark the engine somewhere and document it. Do not make it obvious though as they can try and get rid of it.

Mark everything you own and take pics. This means intakes, rims, manifolds, blocks, trannys, anything that can be stripped and sold easily. I noticed on another popular website that they are selling quick disconnect steering wheels with lockable hubs, this is another idea for your ride.

As far as towing it away, remote car alarm pagers will be the best thing in connection with lowjack. THat way if the hook to it, the car pages you, if it is gone by the time you get to the spot where you left it, call lojack and track it. Police jump fast enough they can catch it on the roll back.

Here again, we need the members help to make sure nothing that is stolen pops up while we are off the boards. Do not be afraid to call someone out about it or post up that they need to follow the rules. I think I am going to add to the rules for the cars for sale section that if it is swapped they have to post up the block/tranny vins in case they are trying to pass a stolen swap off in something else.

tony
07-16-2005, 12:37 PM

They also better be careful who they scope out, some people shoot first and ask questions later.. true it is just a car but I myself have my son with me from time to time and even if he isn't in the car the person has the intent if they follow me home.

So basically if they are reading this, follow the wrong person home and you might not be leaving.. I bet that would get the cops attention.

The Ren
07-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Mike I completely agree on your stake out idea.. but the problem is finding a good enough car someone would wanna steal. I am so afraid to park my civic anywhere (no matter how crappy it is).. for the simple fact it wont be there when I get back. As soon as I get my money even if the civic is my daily its getting lo jack and the supra is getting 2 way pager viper and gps.. This really makes me sick how people these days have to steal to get what they want.. what ever happened to the days of working for what you have.. jesus everything of mine i have done on my own.. and I am proud to have it.. I dont want some asshole to take that from me... and for any of you fuckers who are reading this.. If you even think about touching my car.. no matter how shitty it is.. I will find you.. and I swear on my life it will be the biggest mistake of your life..

btw tony.. how is the car?

Kristi
07-18-2005, 10:20 AM
solution = buy a nissan :D j/k

Shawna
07-18-2005, 10:26 AM
lol awww Mike you know i luv you!!!! seriously i know who took my car and no ones doing anything about it and it sux in a major way. i dare someone to touch my car again.

A.P. Photography
07-18-2005, 10:27 AM
^^ Who took it?

Shawna
07-18-2005, 10:29 AM
no names b/c ppl might know them

B16a2 Civic
07-18-2005, 10:31 AM
my car was attempted to be towed once, cause i was going to Club NV and i pakred near varrsity ( which im not suppose to do appreantly" and the guy said he was going to tow my car but he couldn't get it latched on cause my car was lowered and my backbumper and front bumper....then again im sure if someone really wants your car they'll just rip the bumpers off and tow it...just thought id share my experience on that

Shawna
07-18-2005, 10:32 AM
lol yea they could barely hook my car up to the tow truck

A.P. Photography
07-18-2005, 10:35 AM
no names b/c ppl might know them
and if they did, wouldn't that be a good thing since you are exposing a theif that might steal from them.

The Ren
07-18-2005, 10:37 AM
The fact that they knew you and did that shit.. man i'd fuck them up if your told me who it was.. jail or no jail.. you dont fuck with someones car like that..

Shawna
07-18-2005, 10:39 AM
yea matt it would be a good thing but honestly until all of this is over im keeping my mouth shut. they are investigating them... or they said they were. hopefully itll scare them and they wont do it again.

Shawna
07-18-2005, 10:40 AM
thats one of the reasons im not saying anything is b/c there are people that would love to go after them and i dont want it handled like that.

B16a2 Civic
07-18-2005, 10:41 AM
hmmm.....so was there gon be a section made in regards to stolen cars on here ( question is to mods)

ahmonrah
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
and if they did, wouldn't that be a good thing since you are exposing a theif that might steal from them.my sentiments exactly.....if that dickblower stole the car call his ass out. protecting wrong doers only reinforces their actions. i've had a car stolen once before and i swore to myself i would never put myself in that situation again. i've had all my previous cars broken into, once in my own fuckin driveway...feels like being raped, all the hard work time and money put into a car only to have some lazy fucker come and take it away....never again if i can help it. expose the fucker.

ahmonrah
07-18-2005, 12:30 PM
thats one of the reasons im not saying anything is b/c there are people that would love to go after them and i dont want it handled like that.
i'm sorry, call me and extremist, but singing them a song and giving them a hug wont stop them. a well placed stomping parade may be the medicine to cure their illness.

i look at it like this, 4 things in life we make a huge investment in : #1: a home. #2 your own business(for some of us) and #3 personal vehicles and #4 higher education.

if anyone threatens your home you'll defend it with a fervor (i hope), if you own your own business and someone tries to rob it, you'll defend it just as vigorously. what makes your car so different? i'm not taking on a 30k car loan just to be like "oh,well, i'll wish great things for whoever stole it" lemme see if insurance will give me a little less than fair market value on it, nevermind the I.C.E , rims suspension and engine mods."

IMO if a thief steals it and someone knows it. lemme know so i can show that person why NOT to steal.

Brandon C
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Did you guys not read what she said She is not saying anything as an Investagation is going on right now......I am sure that she will speack as soon as the Culprits are aprehended.....

ahmonrah
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
yeah i read about the investigation....we shall see hopefully it turns out well

bigb996
07-18-2005, 01:26 PM
alot of them are mexicans though in buford that take them. I do agree something needs to be done about it.

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Good thread Mr. Mike. :goodjob:

I actually suggested this very thing in a previous stolen car thread.

Someone, anyone, get a Gwinnett Map and start putting little red push pins in the spots where we are all finding the cars while they are "cooling off". It is been confirmed that we know for sure of 2-3 different apt complexes off Buford Hwy where these num nuts are dumping their cars. Hell, someone just do a little cheat sheet where we can remember the exact addresses of these apt complexes.

When a car goes missing, wham we can have people in that area run by and see if the car is there or not....ala, QD and a few others about a month ago.

It will certainly give our cars a better shot at being found in one piece. This is obviously NOT a police priority. If we recover a car or two to go with the the 2-3 we've already found BEFORE the police, I'm sure a TV station or two would gladly do a little "investigative" report on how WE find the cars before POLICE do. Police will stand up and do something then. Until then, it's not really a priority to them.

My :2cents:

The Ren
07-18-2005, 01:40 PM
I will be glad to call channel 2 or something... shoot i went by the complex shawnas car was found out the day it happend.. no car there.. yet about 6 days later it was found there.. and this complex is right near my house.. that is the lenox/Buckhead area

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I will be glad to call channel 2 or something... shoot i went by the complex shawnas car was found out the day it happend.. no car there.. yet about 6 days later it was found there.. and this complex is right near my house.. that is the lenox/Buckhead area

Well, you really wouldn't want to call the news just yet. There's only been like 2 cars found w/o Police assistance so far. That's far from super detectives just yet.

I say that we make a data base of the known dump places so that when the next one goes missing, we can send out a few people to look for them. If we find yet another 1-2 w/o Police help, then we could call the news and tell them we've found 5 or so and then it would not be looked at as a fluke.

Vteckidd
07-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Someone, anyone, get a Gwinnett Map and start putting little red push pins in the spots where we are all finding the cars while they are "cooling off". It is been confirmed that we know for sure of 2-3 different apt complexes off Buford Hwy where these num nuts are dumping their cars. Hell, someone just do a little cheat sheet where we can remember the exact addresses of these apt complexes.

When a car goes missing, wham we can have people in that area run by and see if the car is there or not....ala, QD and a few others about a month ago.

It will certainly give our cars a better shot at being found in one piece. This is obviously NOT a police priority. If we recover a car or two to go with the the 2-3 we've already found BEFORE the police, I'm sure a TV station or two would gladly do a little "investigative" report on how WE find the cars before POLICE do. Police will stand up and do something then. Until then, it's not really a priority to them.

My :2cents:

That is EXCELLENT IDEA, i never thought abot the map thing. that can help us find out what areas and what locations these cars are being "dumped"

My friends was found in lathonia and it was stolen from Dave N Busters in Gwinette.

You know what else is FUCKED UP. They found the car, in a neighborhood. the cop ran the Vin , figured out the car was stolen. did they call by friend to notify him right then, NO. they instead impounded the car, and the tow yard WILL NOT release the car to him, unless he pays $150. :jerkit:

So, i went down there today and got into it with them. Basically, his car gets stolen, they strip it, and he loses $10,000. He gets back the shell and HE IS RESPONSIBLE to pay the tow fee even though it wasnt authorize. they took 4 days to contact him to tell him it was at the tow yard. And the detective said "I'll try to get down there and look at the car today on my way home from work." they've pretty much stated they have ZERO interest in fingerprinting the car or tryign to tie it to any other car thefts. :THUMBDOWN:

I mean, when they found the car they should have contacted him RIGHT THEN, and asked him "sir we found your car, what would you like to do." if Then he could have some options to tow it to a house, body shop, etc. Now the police had it impunded, and thats fine. But the police impound a car to keep it safe so they can go over it, it should be EVIDENCE. this is clearly not the case since they have no interest in the criminal case anymore since the car has been recoverd.

Cliff notes:
friends car gets stolen and stripped
Police impound it, refuse to do any investigative work
he gets stuck with a shell and a tow bill

Vteckidd
07-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Did you guys not read what she said She is not saying anything as an Investagation is going on right now......I am sure that she will speack as soon as the Culprits are aprehended.....
I agree, if the authorities are doing their job, then they will press charges. going after "said culprit" will just land you in jail along wit hthem. They are investigating, and they are looking for evidence. Im not so sure Shawna has the evidence to stand up in court to get a full conviction, thats why she is letting the cops handle it, and i agree. if you "out " someone in public when they are under investigation, that hinders the process, not helps it.

Vteckidd
07-18-2005, 03:46 PM
i dont want to say all cops arent doing shit, thats not true. it just seems in this particular few cases nothing is being done.

I do know Gwinette is putting to gether some *things* to combat it in the future. we talked to some people in auto theft dept, and they watch this site and others for traffiking stolen goods and possible suspects.

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 03:46 PM
yea, its crazy! there are so many people that have had their cars stolen.

psychodrama_81
07-18-2005, 04:01 PM
I have my :2cents: to put in: If any of you guys decide to ever to go to the FOX for an event or stay at one of the hotels...DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT park your cars in the lot behind the Bellsouth building or in the parking lot that says 730 Peachtree, or even the one next to it. There have been a string of break-ins lately and its sad, because im supposed to do security, and this happens all the time. Last week, the police chased after two car jackers and caugh them in the lot that was fenced off next to the one by the lot I work. Just of word of advice: Park your vehicle in a well-lit area around where a lot of people are i.e the Varsity, or somewhere where there is ARMED security. I have to patrol a poorly lit lot and ther are weir people walking through all the time and I have no weapon to protect myself and I have to wear a bright orange and yellow vest....real secure huh? Well, just giving you guys a heads up.

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Just FYI, I just saw on TV where on Channel 5 News tonight at 10 p.m. they are doing an "investigative" report on tow yards that are ripping people's stuff from their impounded cars. The name I saw on the preview was Eagle. There may be more than one of those, but I know there's one in Gwinnett.

Ironic that we were talking about that in this very thread today.

Julio
07-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I have an idea... Something small.. but well see...

Ill let you guys in the scoop later on...

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I have an idea... Something small.. but well see...

Ill let you guys in the scoop later on...

Huh? :confused:

Julio
07-18-2005, 06:42 PM
you guys will like it, is a go.. Keep your eyes/ears open... =]

quickdodgeŽ
07-18-2005, 06:52 PM

Thanks, dude, for remembering that shit. After last month, most of you here on IA knows that I will go anywhere at any time to find a car. Flashback:

Last month a car was stolen and word got out that it was in a certain area of Decatur. At 10:30pm on a work night, I left home, drove for about 25 minutes to the spot and rode around for almost 4 hours searching for it, only to have the guy that gave the word call me and tell me exactly where it was. I was on the phone with Brett, Alex, Cliff, the guy who's car was taken(sorry I don't remember you) and someone else. I was not in a safe neighborhood. I don't recommend a lot of you do this, either, though. I know people in these areas from back in the day, so I can get away with a little bit. I am also protected.

So if any of you need my assistance, hit me up. Even if we've beefed or are still beefing, I will help you. This bullshit is a whole lot worse than an Internet arguement. Julio, keep me informed on your project. You know me. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
07-18-2005, 09:20 PM
interesting, Julio and QD :thumbup:

RutRoe
07-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Keep up the good work everybody...I know Matt and I do our best in the FS forum but we can only read so much in a day, and sometimes, believe it or not, we have actual stuff to do in our lives that keeps us away for more than a day.....

But I too am curious...

SniperJoe
07-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Speaking of which, Business Week just released a new listing of the most stolen cars:

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8BE9EK80.htm?campaign_id=apn_home_up%26chan=db

Shawna
07-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Thanx Brandon and Mike!

Ruiner
07-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Setting up a "sting" on your own (w/o the police) can be a very dangerous and risky thing. I wouldn't advise it. All types of laws come into play (some not in your favor).

Black R
07-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Y'know, this reminds me of a situation that happened to me a while back:

I had my old hatch at a shop up in Gainesville and had some gunmetal itr wheels on it (5-lug).

Well the shop parked my car out back in a fenced in area and they came in the next morning to find my car up on blocks. :(

So they reimbursed me for a set of wheels, and no biggie. A couple of those wheels were curbed all to hell - and had some unusual tires on them. Easily distinguishable.

But the point is that I had to do all the legwork. The investigator even called me and said they were closing the case. EVEN THOUGH I FOUND OUT WHO DID IT AND HAD AN ADDRESS. I didn't want to go do some vigilante shit to get myself in more trouble than the perpetrator did, so I had no choice.

Hell, Pablo even knew the guy or some of his people and was trying to work out a deal where my wheels would be returned with no questions asked. :/

I still want my WHEELS!!!!!

PM me if you want names/ dates/ etc, cause I'm still down to beat some ass on general principle.....

Jaimecbr900
07-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Setting up a "sting" on your own (w/o the police) can be a very dangerous and risky thing. I wouldn't advise it. All types of laws come into play (some not in your favor).

I agree. Going looking for someone's car in a dump apt complex and sitting on it until the police get there and doing an all out "sting" is different.

Police don't care about stolen cars, but they will put you in jail in a minute though.

Personally, I think we need to have a little network, for lack of better words, that if a car gets stolen then people go and drive by these known places to see if the car is there. Much like a few people did back when QD went out looking for that stolen Accord. There was a handful of us trying to solve that riddle and it ended up being that we got a couple of names of places already.

JoeCoolinATL
07-19-2005, 01:08 PM
im too lazy to read this thread but my suggestions
get a car alarm
dont drive a flashy car
park in a locked garage at night.
make sure the alarm has starter kill or immobilizer
or hell
man up and get the alarm w/ gps tracking unit where you can look online where the car is and control it.
let them take it
then shut it down while they are on the freeway doing 90. teach them a lesson and get a new car.

psychodrama_81
07-19-2005, 02:53 PM
I liked the Idea all the way up to the point of shutting off the car at 90mph.... :eye: :eye: Not a good Idea...

uproot
07-21-2005, 10:30 PM
check this out... with videos too -

www.baitcar.com

The Ren
07-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I have no problem looking around the buford hwy lenox area.. and will continue when a car goes missing..

JoeCoolinATL
07-22-2005, 01:45 PM
I liked the Idea all the way up to the point of shutting off the car at 90mph.... :eye: :eye: Not a good Idea...

sounds like a good idea.
as long as it kills the person who stole the car.

psychodrama_81
07-22-2005, 02:33 PM
sounds like a good idea.
as long as it kills the person who stole the car.
I'd like to make them suffer by locking the locks and leaving them in there, plus sit them in this blistering sun..... :hanged: :taun:

uproot
07-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I'd like to make them suffer by locking the locks and leaving them in there, plus sit them in this blistering sun..... :hanged: :taun:

yeah man i got into my car today and it was like a damn oven. this heat's killer

psychodrama_81
07-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Thats why its bad to have a black car....