PDA

View Full Version : b18c1 rebuild????

TallGuy
08-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Well with 230k one my engine its time for a rebuild, i found this kit and was wondering if anyone has used nippon engine parts before? If so please chime in with your experience or if you know of a better kit please let me know. I like this kit because it will also raise the compression.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ITR-Integra-Type-R-Pistons-Rings-RACE-Bearings-Gasket_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33620QQihZ005QQi temZ150154233232QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

allmotoronly
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Well with 230k one my engine its time for a rebuild, i found this kit and was wondering if anyone has used nippon engine parts before? If so please chime in with your experience or if you know of a better kit please let me know. I like this kit because it will also raise the compression.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ITR-Integra-Type-R-Pistons-Rings-RACE-Bearings-Gasket_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33620QQihZ005QQi temZ150154233232QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

man I have looked at these before and In my opinion I would stay away from these. Its cheap stuff. I would just go with real oem honda parts. You can get pretty much all the gaskets that are included in this kit from honda for less than $200 (including head gasket). Get a set of Type R pistons and rings for about $270, and a ACL bearing kit for about $65. All in all, you will have to spend a little more, but you will get real honda parts and the highest quality bearings. I also suggest a new Oil pump while you are at it. You can get a type R oil pump for around $100. When is the last time you changed the timing belt, water pump, and idler pulley? you might as well to that while you are at it. good luck with it man. My GSR has 90k miles, and I am considering doing a light rebuild at 100k (new bearings, pistons/rings, etc).

TallGuy
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
man I have looked at these before and In my opinion I would stay away from these. Its cheap stuff. I would just go with real oem honda parts. You can get pretty much all the gaskets that are included in this kit from honda for less than $200 (including head gasket). Get a set of Type R pistons and rings for about $270, and a ACL bearing kit for about $65. All in all, you will have to spend a little more, but you will get real honda parts and the highest quality bearings. I also suggest a new Oil pump while you are at it. You can get a type R oil pump for around $100. When is the last time you changed the timing belt, water pump, and idler pulley? you might as well to that while you are at it. good luck with it man. My GSR has 90k miles, and I am considering doing a light rebuild at 100k (new bearings, pistons/rings, etc).
Thats what i thought... and thanks for the info thats all i needed to hear.

ATL86
08-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, internals are the one thing you don't want to skimp out on.

TallGuy
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Iv heard good and bad about the nippon pistons but im not going to take a chance.. ill just go with the oem parts.

allmotoronly
08-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Iv heard good and bad about the nippon pistons but im not going to take a chance.. ill just go with the oem parts.

you've actually heard good about nippon pistons? maybe for a D series or B18B... I wouldn't chance it in an engine that is going to turn 8k RPM+. You will be much happier with the performance and reliability of OEM P73 pistons than nippon "P73 pistons" which they even say are cast as a copy of B16A pistons, not P73.