PDA

View Full Version : Misc EMINEM RETIRES....

NzProjeKt
07-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Eminem, born Marshall Mathers, is reportedly hanging up the microphone.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Mather’s latest album Encore will be his last release. Insiders told the paper that the rapper has been planning on retiring to concentrate on production and other ventures.

Eminem’s manager Paul Rosenberg told the paper that Encore was “certainly the cap on this part of his career” and that decision to retire was held off by the retirement of fellow Hip-Hop superstar, Jay-Z.

“He didn't want to seem like one of those guys who's playing a trick on his fans, or playing with their heads," Rosenberg told The Detroit Free Press. "It's part of the same struggle he goes through in his music -- 'How much of my inner thinking should I be putting out there?'”

Rosenberg also stated he was surprised no one caught on to the possibility of Eminem retiring, due to numerous clues on the Encore album. An insider also stated that Eminem has grown weary of the spotlight and was struggling writing as “Eminem.”

“Em has definitely gotten to the level where he feels like he's accomplished everything he can accomplish in rap," D-12 member Proof added. "He wants to kick back and get into the producing thing."

Insiders said Eminem’s inner-circle of friends knew in advance that Encore would be the best-selling rapper of all time’s last album.

Eminem is not doing interviews this summer and representatives for Eminem did not comment as of press-time.

THANK GOD.... I TRYED TO TELL YALL HIS DAYS WERE OVER !

Negrodamus
07-16-2005, 01:18 AM
WOOT WOOT

Marta Mike
07-16-2005, 01:33 AM
i still like em, but now actually thinkin of it, his time is over. He is right when he says his career has peaked. Is he out of the rap game, i highly doubt it.

SwiftGTiRacer
07-16-2005, 01:53 AM
i doubt he is out of the rap game. he might make some appearences on a few songs but nothing major. I didn't think his Encore album was all that great anyways. kinda showed me he was dieing out.

Swifty

Julio
07-16-2005, 08:18 AM
This is old news... He said this back on MTV after the encore album was released. Although it was not 100 % yet, good move though, Hes been producing all this time... I don't blame him, thats where the real money is at..

Brett
07-16-2005, 10:47 AM
He did what he wanted to do with rap, He put out some great CDs and I can see him wanting to go out on top then be known as a rapper who had to get out of it because no one was buyin his shit.

NzProjeKt
07-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Actually, if i was rapper with Eminem's sucess... I would want to leave the game with a if not classic then close to classic album as my last.....
Encore was beyond WACK.... He is going to be remembered for "Ass Like That" & "Puke"

LaurenK
07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
:(

JustinSane110™
07-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Encore was beyond WACK.... He is going to be remembered for "Ass Like That" & "Puke"
Yeah, I hate to say I was disappointed with Encore but I was. I was expecting it to be on the level as The Eminem Show, but listening to Encore I started wondering if I was being Punk'd. :lmfao:

I really wish he woulda waited anp put out another album to redeem himself, Encore did have a few decent tracks on it but overall it just seemed like it didn't have any direction to it.

HEATON
07-18-2005, 05:51 PM
So now he will be listed among Micheal Jordan and Lance Armstrong..

JITB
07-18-2005, 10:25 PM
i think he should do 1 more to make up for encore, it was pretty bad. and im a eminem fan.

Mike
07-18-2005, 11:32 PM
he was a very good artist, sad to see him go, but he is smart he will follow dre and them make some cash!

atlshawdyfasho
07-19-2005, 12:47 AM
ITS NOT TRUE!!! today on mtv they said they conacted interscope and spoke with some of the ppl involved with him their and they said its all just a rumor and he isnot going to retire ..best watch your mtv lol

quickdodge®
07-19-2005, 04:14 AM
^^^ Yeah, because you can always believe what you see on that channel. Later, QD.

HEATON
07-19-2005, 06:49 AM
MTV "0 to the hour updates".wooohooo!!! They have that stuff here too but i cant understand what they are saying when the VJs r talkin..lol

Shawna
07-19-2005, 08:44 AM
hey I really like him...that sux

bicsintegra
07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
eminem can retire because he still has fifty and the gunit camp and he makes money off of everything they do.

99ITRGIRL
07-19-2005, 12:02 PM
aww... I'll miss him

atlshawdyfasho
07-19-2005, 12:23 PM
^^^ Yeah, because you can always believe what you see on that channel. Later, QD.

yeah beaucse u can always believe what u read on a random site right...

how bout the time when they said he died in a car crash it was all over the internet..mtv came on and they said its not true...but what do they know they r just a really small local channel who has no way of contacting big stars liek eminem right :rolleyes:

B16a2 Civic
07-19-2005, 12:23 PM
:(

bigb996
07-19-2005, 02:31 PM
this is the best news ive heard this year. Woohoo!

atlshawdyfasho
07-22-2005, 10:57 PM
eminem just came on mtv just now with 50cent and they had a short interview and the asked eminem " we hear u are retiring is this true" eminem said " no its not true i keep hearing this too idk where its coming from and trust me when i plan my retirement everyone is gonna know about it" but theres still those of you guys who dotn believe mtv even tho eminem said it himself..but what does he know hes just eminem lol...any1 goin to his show wen hes coming downhere at the end of the month??

quickdodge®
07-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Only little Feminem groupies will be there. Probably no one over 15 will be there.

Lolol @ the dumbass saying MTV is a local channel. If you believe everything you hear on TV, dude, you got some issues. Later, QD.

psychodrama_81
07-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey! I going to the Eminem concert! Whats so bad about that? Now I'm hurt......:D

psychodrama_81
07-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Only little Feminem groupies will be there. Probably no one over 15 will be there.

Lolol @ the dumbass saying MTV is a local channel. If you believe everything you hear on TV, dude, you got some issues. Later, QD.
I can pick up MTV2 on my tv that doesnt have cable hooked up to it, it channel 40.....dont ask me how, but my tv has som damn good reception...

SaraX5
07-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Im going to the Anger Management too bitch!!!! :tongue: Theres nothing wrong with it.

Darling Nikki
07-23-2005, 01:25 PM
i liked a few songs, but he didn't do a lot for me and he isn't hot to me either.

atlshawdyfasho
07-24-2005, 02:12 PM
i was being sarcastic when i said mtv is a local channel..no i dont believe everything i hear on tv i believe what the person said himself to clear shit up..why would he lie and say hes not retiring if he realy is...makes no sense..im sure hed want to go out big and want everyone to know like jayz did..

quickdodge®
07-24-2005, 04:38 PM
All I know is..I hope he hurrys up and does it. Later, QD.