PDA

View Full Version : Fast Lane Daily Announces possible new Rx7 for 2010

kfzemx3
08-25-2007, 08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPkqzRDsoD8
2:50 for rx7 news

THX712517
08-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Electric turbocharger? Do-wha? Still, the FD is much better than the Kabura. I'd love to see the FD bodystyle with a supercharged Renesis. Could be sweet. Gotta keep it light!

Lotte
08-26-2007, 12:48 AM
well i found out that WAR starts on aug 24

kfzemx3
08-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Electric turbocharger? Do-wha? Still, the FD is much better than the Kabura. I'd love to see the FD bodystyle with a supercharged Renesis. Could be sweet. Gotta keep it light!

I'm not sure about the electric turbocharger either, but they do exist now, and no i'm not talking about the crappy pc fan ones you see everywhere, thomas knight had a design, but it worked more like a nitrous setup and could only be ran for a short amount of time, but would produce i believe up to 5psi, but was such a drag on the electrical system it wasn't worth it, not to mention the short amount of time it ran would seriously drain your battery, so you would need a seperate battery just for the for it.

and dont knock the kabura its a nice new clean design coming from mazda, if the US gets it lol

Herblenny
08-30-2007, 04:09 AM

First I don't know how this electric supercharger thingy will work.. we shall wait and see..

Second, I don't know why people thing Renesis is such a better engine than 13b-REW. Renesis' design is ok, but I don't think its better than traditional 13Bs. Some 8 owners are starting to put 13B-REWs into an 8 as FD's life expectancy have gone up (thanks to better ECU tunes).. which I will probably do when my renesis goes bye bye.. LOL!

David88vert
08-30-2007, 06:23 AM
First I don't know how this electric supercharger thingy will work.. we shall wait and see..

Second, I don't know why people thing Renesis is such a better engine than 13b-REW. Renesis' design is ok, but I don't think its better than traditional 13Bs. Some 8 owners are starting to put 13B-REWs into an 8 as FD's life expectancy have gone up (thanks to better ECU tunes).. which I will probably do when my renesis goes bye bye.. LOL!

I've got your 13B-REW right here. We should talk. I have everything, IC, T76, etc.... and I wouldn't mind dropping a Renesis into a 1st gen.....:D

Herblenny
08-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the offer David! Unfortunately, I now have a completely built 13B-REW that I'm also trying to sell. I put it all together and then sold the car that I was going to put it in...