PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help me Pass Emissons ????

Jordanmd88
08-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Well I've been back in ATL since March and I've been getting :idb: by the Clean Air Force... I Have a 99' Chassis Which should be OBDII, It's not The Factory computer has since been replaced with a Standalone ECU...

I left some componets of the factory ECU hookedup so the OBDII port is still active...

Does Anyone Know any way I could Pass... ???

You guys help me with this I'll buy the beers :cheers:

Jordanmd88
08-24-2007, 10:13 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/JOrdanmd88/BMW%20SUMMER%202007/DSCF1504.jpg
Help me get this GT35R82 back on the road Legaly

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l99/JOrdanmd88/DSCF0984.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
08-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Well I've been back in ATL since March and I've been getting :idb: by the Clean Air Force..

So you knowingly screwed with the emissions of your car and "you're" getting fucked? Quite contradictory there. You fucked yourself. The CAF didn't do shit to you. Later, QD.

AnclyT
08-25-2007, 02:34 AM
i'm in the same boat..

JDM onlyy
08-25-2007, 03:19 AM
So you knowingly screwed with the emissions of your car and "you're" getting fucked? Quite contradictory there. You fucked yourself. The CAF didn't do shit to you. Later, QD.

He's right, you fucked yourself. OBDII is hard as hell to pass, just put your shit back to stock just for emissions and it should pass I think, or just put your stock ecu back on then you should be good. I don't quite remember, I'm kinda buzzed.

Jordanmd88
08-25-2007, 08:03 AM
:2up:

Jordanmd88
08-25-2007, 08:04 AM
He's right, you fucked yourself. OBDII is hard as hell to pass, just put your shit back to stock just for emissions and it should pass I think, or just put your stock ecu back on then you should be good. I don't quite remember, I'm kinda buzzed.

Ya i knew what i was getting into when i did it... I lived in TN where emissions test are non-existant...

to make my car beable to pass it would require me to pull the current engine.. rewire the harness or buy a new harness and install that....

quickdodgeŽ
08-25-2007, 08:21 AM
:2up:

Intelligent responses are your forte, huh, little boy. I'm the last one you want to start something with around here. You never respond as to how the CAF was to blame for you fucking up.

to make my car beable to pass it would require me to pull the current engine.. rewire the harness or buy a new harness and install that....

Looks like you've got a looong weekend coming up. Dummy. Lolol @ you. You can say "Fuck you" to me all you want, but while I'm sitting around not doing shit nor worrying about shit, you'll be having the task of doing all that bullshit. Hehehe. I'm glad my swap's going to be done right the first time. Later, QD.

Jordanmd88
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Intelligent responses are your forte, huh, little boy. I'm the last one you want to start something with around here. You never respond as to how the CAF was to blame for you fucking up.

Looks like you've got a looong weekend coming up. Dummy. Lolol @ you. You can say "Fuck you" to me all you want, but while I'm sitting around not doing shit nor worrying about shit, you'll be having the task of doing all that bullshit. Hehehe. I'm glad my swap's going to be done right the first time. Later, QD.

No I admited how i got into this mess.. I was living in TN with no intention of ever moving back to Metro ATL, Then bam job moved me here :( It's ok I'll just drive my Other BMW and keep the turbo monster for the track.. I am an active NASA and SSCA And BMWCCA club racer :gay:

quickdodgeŽ
08-25-2007, 01:19 PM
No I admited how i got into this mess..

True you did, but you also blamed the CAF for fucking you. Right?

. I am an active NASA and SSCA And BMWCCA club racer :gay:

I don't care what you do. I'm an SCCA ST regional champion of 2 years. So what? I asked you a simple question and you thought it best to retaliate with a "fuck you." Not very cool. Later, QD.

Jordanmd88
08-25-2007, 01:26 PM
True you did, but you also blamed the CAF for fucking you. Right?

I don't care what you do. I'm an SCCA ST regional champion of 2 years. So what? I asked you a simple question and you thought it best to retaliate with a "fuck you." Not very cool. Later, QD.

Ya I have been petitioning the CAF for 6 months now trying to get OBD II cars with Standalone Engine management, to be able to test with the OBDI cars but with stricter standards... My car still has a Cat, Also still have Evap and proper Crank case ventilation...

The new Classification they are trying to work up, will require cars to have all of the features mentioned above plus extra low emissions... which is extremely easy to pull off...

But it's just a matter of time..

I'm sorry for Flicking your the Bird Lets go out for some beers :cheers:

Jordanmd88
08-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh ya Call the EPA Division of the Clean Air Force to help pester them to help us high performance guys out...

quickdodgeŽ
08-25-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm sorry for Flicking your the Bird Lets go out for some beers :cheers:

I don't drink, but I'll share a Mountain Dew with ya. And it's all good, homie. Good luck. Later, QD.

blackshine007
08-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I find it halarious that people modify the holy crap out of their OBDII cars to a point it's almost non reversable. That's funny. '95 and under FTW

Jordanmd88
08-25-2007, 03:03 PM
i've tried to find a 92-95 BMW E36 it just wasn't happening..

Tank
08-25-2007, 03:16 PM
ok let me ask this first are you on a stand alone ECU if yes you should be fine if no your gonna have to find someone to give you the hookup there here just gotta find them bro good luck. My supra can pass emmsions as she sits just FYI.

blackshine007
08-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I'll do a hook up......... For $1.5M...... So basicly that should cover the cost of if the EPA was just so happening to be watching me that day, suspend my licsense indefinately and fine the living shit out of my shop and take the shop emissions certification away....... yeah, that should almost cover it

Jordanmd88
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM
ok let me ask this first are you on a stand alone ECU if yes you should be fine if no your gonna have to find someone to give you the hookup there here just gotta find them bro good luck. My supra can pass emmsions as she sits just FYI.

Ok how am i going to pass with a OBD II car and a stand alone... I'm not OBD I