PDA

View Full Version : New

EuroDude
08-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone
I'm kinda new with the whole modifying my car thing and i want to get some advice from y'all. I have an 05 Camry and i want to know what y'all think i should modify. Every thing is stock and
I'm
looking for better performance.

thanks

WhiteAccord
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
WTF is a Camry?

Spektrewing386
08-24-2007, 08:20 PM
is it 4 or 6 cyl?

turbo it?

people dont really buy camrys for performance unless they know what they are doing in a super sleeper project.

EuroDude
08-25-2007, 11:36 AM
is it 4 or 6 cyl?

turbo it?

people dont really buy camrys for performance unless they know what they are doing in a super sleeper project.

it's a 4 cyl and i didn't choose to buy it, it was a gift.

Dr Tweak
08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Are you in Atlanta? (Real question being, do you need to pass emissions?)

-Doc

EuroDude
08-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Are you in Atlanta? (Real question being, do you need to pass emissions?)

-Doc

Im in lawrencevile and no i don't need to pass emissions. The car is a 2005 model and it doesn't need emissions testing yet.

MongolPup
08-26-2007, 11:16 PM
TRD makes exhaust, drop in air filter, oil cap, high pressure radiator cap, oil filter, thermostat, full suspension, and there is a factory aero kit you can pick up, as well as the optional BBS wheels.

It's too bad you missed out on the 1MZ-FE; there is a TRD supercharger for that (it was the V-6 for the first part of that generation of Camry (I believe)).

I personally think the oil and radiator caps look baller:

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v97/85/34/640641781/n640641781_156369_4665.jpg

The TRD radiator cap is towards the upper left, thats the TRD resin oil cap and below the header is the white (U.S. spec, the Japanese one is red) TRD oil filter.

Dr Tweak
08-27-2007, 05:59 PM
TRD makes exhaust, drop in air filter, oil cap, high pressure radiator cap, oil filter, thermostat, full suspension, and there is a factory aero kit you can pick up, as well as the optional BBS wheels.

It's too bad you missed out on the 1MZ-FE; there is a TRD supercharger for that (it was the V-6 for the first part of that generation of Camry (I believe)).

I personally think the oil and radiator caps look baller:

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v97/85/34/640641781/n640641781_156369_4665.jpg

The TRD radiator cap is towards the upper left, thats the TRD resin oil cap and below the header is the white (U.S. spec, the Japanese one is red) TRD oil filter.

Oh yeah, the TRD radiator and oil cap are totally going to give you made power, yo. Especially when the VTEC kicks in, werd. :rolleyes:

:lmfao:

Im in lawrencevile and no i don't need to pass emissions. The car is a 2005 model and it doesn't need emissions testing yet.

That's good news. If you want to do a swap, I would recommend a third gen 3SGTE, it's a 2.0 liter turbo and makes 255hp, and can be upgraded to about 275hp at the wheels with a boost controller, exhaust, and a few other minor upgrades. Or, you can swap in any Camry V6 of your choice.

The stock engine is pretty decent if you want to get a good turbo system and have it installed.

-Doc

EuroDude
08-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh yeah, the TRD radiator and oil cap are totally going to give you made power, yo. Especially when the VTEC kicks in, werd. :rolleyes:

:lmfao:

That's good news. If you want to do a swap, I would recommend a third gen 3SGTE, it's a 2.0 liter turbo and makes 255hp, and can be upgraded to about 275hp at the wheels with a boost controller, exhaust, and a few other minor upgrades. Or, you can swap in any Camry V6 of your choice.

The stock engine is pretty decent if you want to get a good turbo system and have it installed.

-Doc

what kind of system do you recommend?