PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Nitrous Question

AnthonyF
08-23-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm running an S/C right now and I'm planning on NAWWZZZ very shortly. My question is...should i run DRY or WET? I believe a few people told me to run wet b/c I'm already running forced induction. is this correct?

-ant.

drmcivicsi
08-23-2007, 09:27 PM
dont u work at a shop ?
anyways i would run a wet shot alot safer

KevinT707
08-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Run a wet nitrous kit, it puts less stress on your fuel system. Dry nitrous systems increase fuel pressure (making your injectors/fuel pump more fuel) once nitrous is activated. While wet nitrous systems doesn't increase fuel pressure to get fuel to the motor, it just sprays with the nitrous.

Wet FTW

2.3 Evo 8
08-24-2007, 12:13 AM
The best thing is a 150 dry shot. Nobody will be able to touch you.

AnthonyF
08-24-2007, 07:22 AM
The best thing is a 150 dry shot. Nobody will be able to touch you.

ok...who the fuck are you? first u call me an idiot

then you say the dumbest shit...150 dry shot on F.I. is retarded. if your not going to be helpful, piss off

AnthonyF
08-24-2007, 07:23 AM
dont u work at a shop ?
anyways i would run a wet shot alot safer

yea I work at an Auto Repair shop. Not a performance shop. and just b/c some1 works somewhere doesn't mean they are an expert in everything. :goodjob:

Run a wet nitrous kit, it puts less stress on your fuel system. Dry nitrous systems increase fuel pressure (making your injectors/fuel pump more fuel) once nitrous is activated. While wet nitrous systems doesn't increase fuel pressure to get fuel to the motor, it just sprays with the nitrous.

Wet FTW

thanks Kevy. I only want a 35shot. that'll be plenty. but damn are nitrous kits expensive. :( lol.

o Kev what brand are you running? It seems as if ZEX is the best kit...but i dunno if I want to use them or not. :thinking:

1EVILZ
08-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Man just add methanol and some more timing...

Wet kit ftw though.

2.3 Evo 8
08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
ok...who the fuck are you? first u call me an idiot

then you say the dumbest shit...150 dry shot on F.I. is retarded. if your not going to be helpful, piss off

1. I'm your daddy and always will be. Remember it, say it, live it.

2. Because I always see you post stupid shit, idiot.

3. Don't like my advice? Don't listen then homo.

KevinT707
08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
thanks Kevy. I only want a 35shot. that'll be plenty. but damn are nitrous kits expensive. :( lol.

o Kev what brand are you running? It seems as if ZEX is the best kit...but i dunno if I want to use them or not. :thinking:
I'm running the Holley NOS kit and I like it, I would recommend either NOS or NX wet. I really don't like Zex, but I haven't tried their wet kit so I don't know. When I used the dry Zex I guess it was ok but one time on the dyno the solenoid (inside the box) locked up & it wouldn't stop spraying.

35 on F.I. should yield some good power though. I'd say 40-50 WHP.

khan351
08-24-2007, 03:28 PM
if ur planning on spraying only a 35 shot...just go with methanol...u could prob find a kit around 400-600 depending on what all u want. good luck

AnthonyF
08-24-2007, 04:04 PM
1. I'm your daddy and always will be. Remember it, say it, live it.

2. Because I always see you post stupid shit, idiot.

3. Don't like my advice? Don't listen then homo.

ewww a stab at my sexuality. lol. good try o and ur my father now? wow...i didnt know that. how could I have been so dumb? :thinking: :lmfao: :lmfao:

your advice is dumber than you

AnthonyF
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
if ur planning on spraying only a 35 shot...just go with methanol...u could prob find a kit around 400-600 depending on what all u want. good luck

that shit is expensive. And If i want to run meth I have to move my battery to the trunk (to make room) and If i do that i have to drill the trunk for an on/off switch (by NHRA standards) and i really dont want to do that.

2.3 Evo 8
08-24-2007, 04:43 PM
that shit is expensive. And If i want to run meth I have to move my battery to the trunk (to make room) and If i do that i have to drill the trunk for an on/off switch (by NHRA standards) and i really dont want to do that.

Your not in the NHRA you dumb shit! Methanol kits can be mounted in the trunk moron. Once again, your an idiot!

Echonova
08-24-2007, 05:03 PM
that shit is expensive. And If i want to run meth I have to move my battery to the trunk (to make room) and If i do that i have to drill the trunk for an on/off switch (by NHRA standards) and i really dont want to do that.Wet kit is the way to go (like you haven't heard that already) Stay away from Zex. I've had 2 Zex systems and they both malfunctioned. Plus on the Zex systems running a 75 shot was only giving me 42 at the wheels, before they messed up (stayed spraying). You do know with nitrous you're going to have to drill a hole anyway for a blow down tube. They won't let you run at the track without one. Well in Arizona they didn't, I assume it's the same here.

AnthonyF
08-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Your not in the NHRA you dumb shit! Methanol kits can be mounted in the trunk moron. Once again, your an idiot!

im an idiot for wanting to place my meth kit in the engine bay?

and DUMBASS if you go to fucking commerce with your battery in the trunk, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN ON/OFF SWITCH!! haha maybe if u had as much track experience or paid attention during tech...if u even go to the track.:lmfao:

AnthonyF
08-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Wet kit is the way to go (like you haven't heard that already) Stay away from Zex. I've had 2 Zex systems and they both malfunctioned. Plus on the Zex systems running a 75 shot was only giving me 42 at the wheels, before they messed up (stayed spraying). You do know with nitrous you're going to have to drill a hole anyway for a blow down tube. They won't let you run at the track without one. Well in Arizona they didn't, I assume it's the same here.

really...another ZEX staying on?:thinking: ok, i guess im not going to use them. lol.A hole inside the trunk is no big deal. I already have a few from a previous bottle mount (almost used N20). I just dont want to drill a hole in my trunk deck. appreciate the help.

I also noticed ZEX's smallest jet is a 75shot...I'm looking at kits with a 35-50shot. not too much, just enough. :)

KevinT707
08-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Do a 50 wet shot then Dooney, btw I've NEVER had a blow-down tube for the nitrous & Silver Dollar definitely doesn't care about it. I've taken it to Commerce a couple times & I either cover up the bottle or tell them I'm not spraying/it's empty so I get through.

2.3 Evo 8
08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
im an idiot for wanting to place my meth kit in the engine bay?

and DUMBASS if you go to fucking commerce with your battery in the trunk, YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN ON/OFF SWITCH!! haha maybe if u had as much track experience or paid attention during tech...if u even go to the track.:lmfao:

No, I was just stating what a moron you are because you can leave your batterry in the engine bay if you install the methanol kit in the trunk. It is not necessary to do all that extra work.

The can easily be mounted in the trunk, but your an idiot so you wouldn't know that.

I have $1000 that says I have more track experience than you. Wanna bet?

How often do you bring that slow POS to the track? Probably more than you should. Just stay at home and leave the lanes open for the faster people.

Watch yourself carefully "piss" Ant, your not too old for daddy to still spank that little ass of yours.

Later,
Your Daddy

drmcivicsi
08-25-2007, 11:09 PM
No, I was just stating what a moron you are because you can leave your batterry in the engine bay if you install the methanol kit in the trunk. It is not necessary to do all that extra work.

The can easily be mounted in the trunk, but your an idiot so you wouldn't know that.

I have $1000 that says I have more track experience than you. Wanna bet?

How often do you bring that slow POS to the track? Probably more than you should. Just stay at home and leave the lanes open for the faster people.

Watch yourself carefully "piss" Ant, your not too old for daddy to still spank that little ass of yours.

Later,
Your Daddy

damn phill be nice to the lil kids.

btw hows your fast evo doing. i heard it cranked the intake manifold?

2.3 Evo 8
08-26-2007, 12:08 AM
damn phill be nice to the lil kids.

btw hows your fast evo doing. i heard it cranked the intake manifold?

My slow evo is swell, thank you.

drmcivicsi
08-26-2007, 08:33 AM
My slow evo is swell, thank you.

lol ricer i still need to come by and check out the new crib =)

Brock
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
well i dont know exactly because iam a 5.0 guy...but for mustang people do usually use dry shots. because of your turbo you dont need that big of a spray a 75 will be conventional and also very powerful, without ****ing your motor. iam thinking of putting a 75 on mine when iam doine with internals.

SE-Rious1
10-02-2007, 06:43 PM
dont ruin it with NOS
its fast enough

AnthonyF
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
dont ruin it with NOS
its fast enough

lol i dont know wha u've been smoking. 1. no it isn't 2. nothing can ever be fast enough.

AnthonyF
10-02-2007, 08:38 PM
well i dont know exactly because iam a 5.0 guy...but for mustang people do usually use dry shots. because of your turbo you dont need that big of a spray a 75 will be conventional and also very powerful, without ****ing your motor. iam thinking of putting a 75 on mine when iam doine with internals.

who said I had a turbo? lol. so you think i got a belt driven turbo to?? right.

when running F.I. (forced induction) you want run a wet kit

SE-Rious1
10-02-2007, 08:40 PM
lol i dont know wha u've been smoking. 1. no it isn't 2. nothing can ever be fast enough.
said the man with to much money lol
wish i could :(