PDA

View Full Version : This was probably to be expected but...

madking411
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
As i've been modding my car...it seems to eat more gas. Im kinda wondering how come, even though i already know the reason. It eats it cuz (duh) it makes more power, and that uses more gas, but i wouldnt have thought it would eat THIS much gas. I went through a 1/4 tank in ~10miles, and i went through 3/4 of a tank in a day. Yeesh. Should i try to reset my ecu or what?

How can i save a lil bit of gas???:???:

Z U L8R
08-23-2007, 08:57 AM
if you've eliminated the possibility of a leaking injector/injector o-ring by testing how long your rail holds pressure once you've primed it with fuel, then you can move on to the pre cat 02 sensor(s)

speedminded
08-23-2007, 11:00 AM
As i've been modding my car...it seems to eat more gas. Im kinda wondering how come, even though i already know the reason. It eats it cuz (duh) it makes more power, and that uses more gas, but i wouldnt have thought it would eat THIS much gas. I went through a 1/4 tank in ~10miles, and i went through 3/4 of a tank in a day. Yeesh. Should i try to reset my ecu or what?

How can i save a lil bit of gas???:???:uhh, what all have you modded? Doubling the size of your injectors you might expect it to effect your mileage...

allmotoronly
08-23-2007, 11:46 AM
what kind of car is it? Check your o2 sensors. Reset the ecu, if the CEL is on, it might mean that an o2 sensor is bad, therefore the injectors are pretty much pouring gas into the engine.

khaxnguyen
08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
It depends on what you do to ur car, maybe. maybe a tune-up? that's why my friend suggested me.

scttydb411
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
check your right foot, it may be a little heavier since you've modded your car.

madking411
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
check your right foot, it may be a little heavier since you've modded your car.

:D :D :D hmmmm.....