PDA

View Full Version : space ships

s13slider®
08-22-2007, 01:08 PM
i was sittin here think , and i started wondering how in the hell do space ships run when the get into outerspcae ? there is no air . doesnt it have to have air to run , like an intake ?:screwy:

On_Her_Face
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
well im gonna be wrong at this but dont they have rockets n shit that move them back to earth, and when they get up there i think they stay a certain amount of miles away from earth so that the earth still has some gravatational pull and keeps them going around the earth, like teh moon!!!

s13slider®
08-22-2007, 01:15 PM
i dunno man thats why im askin the question .

Brett
08-22-2007, 01:17 PM
For fuel they use a hydrogen/liquid oxygen mix for rocket fuel. The thrusters and directional thrusters and main engines on the Space Shuttle all use that for lift off and once in orbit.

Also Satellites launched use it as well.

They do have one ship out there that is heading to do a fly by around a asteroid that is a new type of proplusion that is a test ship, uses ION light to produce thrust. Its called a ION Drive. basically uses the ION light that is expelled from the rear to gain speed.

But for now and 99.9% of what is launched. Its liquid Hydrogen/Oxygen.

s13slider®
08-22-2007, 01:19 PM
so just cause the fuel is part oxygen it makes it to where you dont have to have no air intake or any air forcing into the engine ?

Brett
08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
well im gonna be wrong at this but dont they have rockets n shit that move them back to earth, and when they get up there i think they stay a certain amount of miles away from earth so that the earth still has some gravatational pull and keeps them going around the earth, like teh moon!!!

Its called being in orbit, and that is achived by launching and coming into the orbit at a certain speed, It takes being at about 17,000 mph to achieve this. When the Shuttle orbits it achives that speed and certain distance above the earth to stay in what we call a orbit. The Space Station also orbits at the same speed and the shuttle has to match its speed when docking eachtime they go up.

To leave Earth Orbit you need a greater speed like when we had the Apollo program and they would get out of earths orbit then the gravity from the moon would begin its pull as the earth released its pull on it.

2.3 Evo 8
08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Flux capacitors.

Brett
08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
so just cause the fuel is part oxygen it makes it to where you dont have to have no air intake or any air forcing into the engine ?

Dude the shit isnt built at Nopi.. or by APC, they dont use Air Intakes..LOL

The mix forced into the lines for fuel provide the proper mix of o2, etc. Rocket engines do not run or work like a typical combustion engine, MUCH different design.

go to howstuffworks.com and read up on it.

s13slider®
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
+1 brett

Ran
08-22-2007, 01:43 PM
I win.

BKgen®
08-22-2007, 02:16 PM
jets won't work in outer space, because they require oxygen from outside the engine to combust. ROCKETS, on the other hand, have oxygen stored inside them, so they can work anywhere.

soul
08-22-2007, 02:52 PM
wow, seems like a retard or two maybe in this thread...........

mocha latte cupcake
08-22-2007, 03:00 PM
sigh n00bs!

nawz of course

soul
08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
it must have a CAI if its not powered by human feet right?

ironchef
08-22-2007, 04:31 PM
They run them using gallo 24 engines.

Brett
08-23-2007, 06:14 AM
Should have known that there would be no real answers in here but mine..LOL

BKgen®
08-23-2007, 07:51 AM
mine's fucking real.

Brett
08-23-2007, 08:24 AM
and yours...LOL

BKgen®
08-23-2007, 08:28 AM
i'm still in disbelief that this thread was actually made...

AnthonyF
08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I win.

lol RAN.. reps dude

They run them using gallo 24 engines.

hahahah reps

Brett
08-23-2007, 08:53 AM

Nothing and no one on here suprises me these days

AnthonyF
08-23-2007, 08:56 AM

why? he was curious as to how something works. Do you never sit down and go...WOW...etc....

to me...I think it's amazing how a car can rev, espically up to 10k rpms. have you never thought about all the parts inside of a motor being able to withstand all of that? im not going to do the math but the valves moving X amount of times in a second.

Brett
08-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Yeah I wonder about stuff all time, thats why i know alot about Space and The NASA program, etc cause I am totally into that and like to learn about it all

AnthonyF
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah I wonder about stuff all time, thats why i know alot about Space and The NASA program, etc cause I am totally into that and like to learn about it all

it IS a very interesting topic. I love when AOL shows me about new Space news. I love reading up on it. I wish i was smater and could have done something like that....o'well. The pretty pictures they take makes up for it. hehe

BKgen®
08-23-2007, 11:19 AM
why? he was curious as to how something works. Do you never sit down and go...WOW...etc....

to me...I think it's amazing how a car can rev, espically up to 10k rpms. have you never thought about all the parts inside of a motor being able to withstand all of that? im not going to do the math but the valves moving X amount of times in a second.

space ships don't have CAI's, SRI's, V-TAK, V-TECH, or NAWZZ.

the technology in a nasa shuttle is a little more advanced than your everyday rice rocket. ;)

s13slider®
08-23-2007, 11:44 AM
hey i was just wonder guys , i know it came out wrong , i didnt mean hey i wonder if they CAI's . but i figured it had to have some kind of air to run . so i asked , i like to learn new shit , i dont think there is any problem with that . sorry i dont have knowledge about things like this and you do . im sure theres somethin i have knowledge about that someone else dont but i wouldnt laugh at them if there were curious to learn . but thanks for the info guys .

AnthonyF
08-23-2007, 11:48 AM
space ships don't have CAI's, SRI's, V-TAK, V-TECH, or NAWZZ.

the technology in a nasa shuttle is a little more advanced than your everyday rice rocket. ;)

r u surrreee???:thinking: i thought it had a boost cooler though?

i keed

BKgen®
08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
hey i was just wonder guys , i know it came out wrong , i didnt mean hey i wonder if they CAI's . but i figured it had to have some kind of air to run . so i asked , i like to learn new shit , i dont think there is any problem with that . sorry i dont have knowledge about things like this and you do . im sure theres somethin i have knowledge about that someone else dont but i wouldnt laugh at them if there were curious to learn . but thanks for the info guys .

lolol man, my bad.

sorry i watch too much discovery channel.

s13slider®
08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
i watch the history channel more than the discovery channel but i never really watched anything about nasa or anything .

NASA , you mean the national anal sex association ? OMG theres a anal sex association?

you gotta love that movie .