PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system upgrading? Please Educate!

madking411
08-20-2007, 08:52 PM
I have a few questions. 1st is, i sorta want to start upgrading my fuel system, but i what i want to know is if i have a completely stock fuel setup/system, and a FEW minor upgrades to my car, what should i start out with, and how much of an effect will it have?
and 2nd is, i just dont understand HOW the fuel system ''upgrading'' works. I mean, the car has a computer, and it gives a certain amount of fuel to the engine at certain times, but when you upgrade, what does it REALLY do? i mean, it basically does the exact same thing a stock fuel system does, right?

Someone educate me on upgrading my fuel system please.....:ninja:

iEvo
08-20-2007, 10:48 PM
injectors and fuel pump.....the injectors wil allow more fuel to be sprayed at one time and the fuel pump will get the extra needed fuel up to feed the injectors. the ecu tells the injectors when to spray and how long to spray but not how much is actually being sprayed, thats why bigger injectors help

madking411
08-21-2007, 05:35 PM
but it doesnt help to have bigger injectors unless theres more air coming through the engine, right? (forced induction, being an example..)thats why i kinda dont understand it still...

OH, and what does the fuel rail do/what IS it, how does it help, and how does it install?:thinking:

RBS
08-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I have a few questions. 1st is, i sorta want to start upgrading my fuel system, but i what i want to know is if i have a completely stock fuel setup/system, and a FEW minor upgrades to my car, what should i start out with, and how much of an effect will it have?
and 2nd is, i just dont understand HOW the fuel system ''upgrading'' works. I mean, the car has a computer, and it gives a certain amount of fuel to the engine at certain times, but when you upgrade, what does it REALLY do? i mean, it basically does the exact same thing a stock fuel system does, right?

Someone educate me on upgrading my fuel system please.....:ninja:

if all you have is bolts on then upgrading your fuel system would be worthless unless you ARE PLANNING to do some SERIOUS upgrades later on. but to answer the question of how upgrading the system works... ehh... well the stock system can only send out so much fuel at once, if the engine can take in more air than stock wouldnt that mean it needs more fuel? :yes: so what if the engine can take in more air than the stock fuel system can handle? itll run lean duh lol which is bad, so you would want to get bigger injectors and/or a better flowing fuel pump and ect. to cope with the more air thats being drawed in for a better overall air/fuel ratio . . . with a little bit of tuning on the side :tongue1:

OH, and what does the fuel rail do/what IS it, how does it help, and how does it install?:thinking:

a bigger fuel rail basically allows a larger volume of fuel to be ready to be shot in the cylinders while retaining a conisitent fuel pressure, think of it as chopped up veggies for a soup, more volume is like more chopped up veggies, the more veggies already chopped up then the faster you can make the soup

how is it installed? on honda/acuras its directly on top of the injectors and held on by 3 10 mm's on the back of the rail. duno about other cars though

.. god im bored lol

madking411
08-21-2007, 09:02 PM
haah, thanx. And i AM plannin on doin some serious mods later on down the road, once i, 1) get some good cash flow, and 2) upgrade my torque converter/tranny a lil bit....(yep..its an auto. but i wanna turbocharge it. WHY? dont ask. hah.)