PDA

View Full Version : Offer For Vick: 18-26 Months Of Jail is Minimum...LOL

Brett
08-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Federal prosecutors have offered a plea deal recommending an 18- to 36-month prison sentence for suspended NFL quarterback Michael Vick for his alleged role in a dogfighting operation, but Vick's attorneys are trying to reduce that to less than a year, two sources told CNN on Monday.

Vick's attorneys hope to hear back from National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell's office sometime Monday about Vick's career options before entering into any deal with federal prosecutors, the sources said.

Vick's three codefendants in the dogfighting case have accepted agreements to plead guilty in exchange for reduced sentences.

If Vick doesn't accept a deal, he could face additional charges in the case on Monday, when a grand jury convenes in Richmond, Virginia. See a timeline of the case against Vick »

The NFL is considering what, if any, sanctions they should impose on the 27-year-old

Sammich
08-20-2007, 12:53 PM
his career is over:locked:

Ran
08-20-2007, 12:54 PM
A minimum sentence like the one they gave to Paris Hilton? Yeah, those work real well.

Brett
08-20-2007, 12:54 PM
They were saying today at best he would come back in 2009 (Assuming he only serves a year) and some team would pick him up but most likley not as a starter and he would have to reprove himself all over again... so yeah... His career is done, cause missing atleast 2 years of football will make him not as quick as before.

Sammich
08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
They were saying today at best he would come back in 2009 (Assuming he only serves a year) and some team would pick him up but most likley not as a starter and he would have to reprove himself all over again... so yeah... His career is done, cause missing atleast 2 years of football will make him not as quick as before.

it would make him quick to cover all holes

Doppelgänger
08-20-2007, 01:00 PM
i vote 60months and the NFL should ban him from ever playing again.

God i hope the Falcons do much better without him.

1000cckiller
08-20-2007, 01:10 PM
If vick get less than a year, he will be back next year not 2009. 1 YEAR SENTENCE, good behavior= 3 to 4 months.

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 01:11 PM
i think the NFL should give him life ban

and 4-5 years in jail

DeutscheBAG!
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
A minimum sentence like the one they gave to Paris Hilton? Yeah, those work real well.

but your forgetting when your rich and white and so many lust after you, idolize you..u can pretty much get away with anything u...

Ran
08-20-2007, 01:23 PM
but your forgetting when your rich and white and so many lust after you, idolize you..u can pretty much get away with anything u...Even still, Michael Vick is more than rich and people idolize him because he can throw a ball of pig-lard a few yards. The man is a nothing short of a scumbag. An athletic scumbag, granted, but a scumbag none the less.

Also; yes, I think Paris Hilton is a skanky little harlot that deserves to have her prison rape scene televised world-wide.

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Even still, Michael Vick is more than rich and people idolize him because he can throw a ball of pig-lard a few yards. The man is a nothing short of a scumbag. An athletic scumbag, granted, but a scumbag none the less.

Also; yes, I think Paris Hilton is a skanky little harlot that deserves to have her prison rape scene televised world-wide.

:no:

Ran
08-20-2007, 01:26 PM
:no:Sorry homie, but the NFL bores me about as much as baseball does. Too slow for my tastes.

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Sorry homie, but the NFL bores me about as much as baseball does. Too slow for my tastes.

no,u know vick cant pass the ball ..:doh:

Ruiner
08-20-2007, 01:28 PM
If vick get less than a year, he will be back next year not 2009. 1 YEAR SENTENCE, good behavior= 3 to 4 months.

This is federal prison, not state.

Vick Attorney Says Star Quarterback Will Plead Guilty in Dogfighting Case

Monday, August 20, 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/images/foxnews_story.gif

E-MAIL STORY (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293826,00.html#)
PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION (http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,293826,00.html)

The lead attorney for pro football star Michael Vick said Monday that the Atlanta Falcons quarterback will plead guilty to dogfighting and related charges and will "accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made."

Billy Martin, heading up Vick's legal team, issued the following statement:

"After consulting with his family over the weekend. Michael Vick (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293826,00.html#) ask that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with Federal prosecutors regarding the charges pending against him. Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of Guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologizes again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter. The legal team and Mr. Vick will appear in court in Richmond on August 27th."

Vick's attorneys hope to hear back from National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell's office sometime Monday about Vick's career options, sources said.

Vick's three codefendants in the dogfighting case have accepted agreements to plead guilty in exchange for reduced sentences.

DeutscheBAG!
08-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Even still, Michael Vick is more than rich and people idolize him because he can throw a ball of pig-lard a few yards. The man is a nothing short of a scumbag. An athletic scumbag, granted, but a scumbag none the less.

maybe so, but its funny how everyone is grabbing their pitchforks and fire batons to go after him. it also pisses me off because there is so much more going on out there that i wish people would try to do the same rather than jump on the flavor of the week..

for example, these past couple of months, our country has been arguing about the illegal immigrant situation. 2 weeks ago, 3 college students were murdered execution style by an illegal immigrant...i haven't seen anyone joining hands for them like i've seen them to bring down Vick :thinking:

Ran
08-20-2007, 01:30 PM
no,u know vick cant pass the ball ..:doh:No, I didn't know. I keep up with Michael Vick about as much as I keep up with reality TV. Which is not that often. :goodjob:

Vteckidd
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
This is federal prison, not state.

and IIRC the Feds make most people serve at minimum 85% of their sentense

Ruiner
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
and IIRC the Feds make most people serve at minimum 85% of their sentense

I believe that you are correct. The Feds don't mess around and they sure as fuck don't want to seem "soft" in terms of sentences.

Vteckidd
08-20-2007, 01:36 PM
yes i had heard that somewhere LOL.

this is going to be the BEST THING to happen to the falcons, it will just take some time to see the effects. i hope he never plays football again

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
let his ass rot. what a worthless piece of garbage.

Ran
08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
maybe so, but its funny how everyone is grabbing their pitchforks and fire batons to go after him. it also pisses me off because there is so much more going on out there that i wish people would try to do the same rather than jump on the flavor of the week..

for example, these past couple of months, our country has been arguing about the illegal immigrant situation. 2 weeks ago, 3 college students were murdered execution style by an illegal immigrant...i haven't seen anyone joining hands for them like i've seen them to bring down Vick :thinking:I agree, actually I believe th-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Nismosis/CensorAmerica.png

1000cckiller
08-20-2007, 01:41 PM
I believe that you are correct. The Feds don't mess around and they sure as fuck don't want to seem "soft" in terms of sentences.I think both of ya'll better think again to Jamal Lewis, that was a fed case.

1000cckiller
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
and IIRC the Feds make most people serve at minimum 85% of their sentenseJamal served no where close to 85% of his sentence.

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 01:44 PM
i think they should hang him, drown him, slam his head into the ground, and set him on fire... sorta like what he did to those dogs.

^^^
that's some Rasputin shit, right there lolol.

tony
08-20-2007, 01:49 PM
yes i had heard that somewhere LOL.

this is going to be the BEST THING to happen to the falcons, it will just take some time to see the effects. i hope he never plays football again

Mike I will bet you it will take at least 5 years if not more for the Falcons to recover from this, Vick might not have taken the Falcons to the superbowl but he brought an energy to the Dome that we have not seen in a VERY long time.. no good will come of this situation especially for the Falcons.

Brett
08-20-2007, 01:51 PM

Plus add the NFL 1 year suspension he will ATLEAST get from them, so they say 2009 will be the soonest we will see him again on the field

Kelly
08-20-2007, 01:52 PM
We will be just fine without him... But I'll agree, he definietly brought the excitement.

It's too bad...

Ruiner
08-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Meanwhile, Marcus Vick has been granted Sainthood. :)

Brett
08-20-2007, 01:56 PM
We will be just fine without him... But I'll agree, he definietly brought the excitement.

It's too bad...

Yeah he is what sold the dome out, BUT I will say this, I was pretty suprised how good Harrington has done the past 2 weeks, What really sucks is we lost Shockley for the season, he would have been a GREAt back up and had alot of Vicks style to his play.

But count on Vick not coming back ATLEAST till 2009 if he serves only a year. But The feds say 18-36 months so we will see. I do think the NFL should start his suspension when he gets out, not while he serves his time in jail

Kelly
08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah he is what sold the dome out, BUT I will say this, I was pretty suprised how good Harrington has done the past 2 weeks, What really sucks is we lost Shockley for the season, he would have been a GREAt back up and had alot of Vicks style to his play.

That's what I'm screamin. He's the only one who'll actually try to run it. I saw herrington just stand there and look for someone to pass it to when he was wide open to run. I thought to myself "well... Vick would've already had about 25 yards by now"...

Meanwhile, do we still have to pay Vick?

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Meanwhile, Marcus Vick has been granted Sainthood. :)

Lol ^^^

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:00 PM
i think they should hang him, drown him, slam his head into the ground, and set him on fire... sorta like what he did to those dogs.

^^^
that's some Rasputin shit, right there lolol.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for the same reasons he did it to the dogs...

"he performed poorly" LOL!

Brett
08-20-2007, 02:02 PM

Depends, when they redid his contract I think it was in 2003 the new conduct policy was in affect so I would hope there is a clause for personal conduct for them to use to get out of it.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:02 PM
As much of an animal lover as I am, I think more people can get away with killing babies as opposed animals...

But don't get me wrong, it's terrible and he deserves to be punished...

tony
08-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Harrington is not going to cut it, he is garbage against fast DB's and we have some tough defenses to play this year... I am looking forward to a breakout year from Jerious Norwood though.

BobbyFresco
08-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I wish I had something to contribute to this conversation but I just don't care .....

tony
08-20-2007, 02:05 PM
As much of an animal lover as I am, I think more people can get away with killing babies as opposed animals...

But don't get me wrong, it's terrible and he deserves to be punished...

If Vicks dog went next door and mauled a baby to death he would be spending considerably less time in jail.

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 02:06 PM
but it's all good... you know it's just like vick says "nomatter what i do, people'll always support mike vick.."

wow what a complete pompous douchebag...

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:06 PM
If Vicks dog went next door and mauled a baby to death he would be spending considerably less time in jail.
Yup

1000cckiller
08-20-2007, 02:07 PM
If Vicks dog went next door and mauled a baby to death he would be spending considerably less time in jail.exactly, maybe not any just probation it has happened.

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:09 PM
That's what I'm screamin. He's the only one who'll actually try to run it. I saw herrington just stand there and look for someone to pass it to when he was wide open to run. I thought to myself "well... Vick would've already had about 25 yards by now"...

you can't compare everyone else to vick...

cause every time he ran the ball someone probably said... "well, manning would have thrown a touch down just then"

or "brady, could have gotten those 15 yards for that first down with a nice pass"

now had vick had better protection maybe we could have seen all of his talent.. but he didn't.. and he ran every chance he could. but that doesn't mean it was always the best choice... especially they way he held the ball out there like a loaf of bread and caused numerous fumbles that way.

i'll agree, i don't think the falcons will be as exciting this year... no schaub, no kerney :( :cry: , no crazy rushing yards from vick...

i still think they will do fine...

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
you can't compare everyone else to vick...
It happens... It's what I'm use to...

especially they way he held the ball out there like a loaf of bread and caused numerous fumbles that way.
Very true...

i'll agree, i don't think the falcons will be as exciting this year... no schaub, no kerney :( :cry: , no crazy rushing yards from vick...

Don't forget about Morten Anderson... :cry:

i still think they will do fine...
Indeed...

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Harrington is not going to cut it, he is garbage against fast DB's and we have some tough defenses to play this year... I am looking forward to a breakout year from Jerious Norwood though. word... norwood looked very promising last year.

but the dog would've been killed in a heart beat... so why don't humans get the same punishment for torturing animals???

cases like that are different, cause though the owner is held responsible, they didn't deliberately turn the dog loose on the baby... the dog is punished for it's actions and the owner fined for their negligence.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:18 PM
cases like that are different, cause though the owner is held responsible, they didn't deliberately turn the dog loose on the baby... the dog is punished for it's actions and the owner fined for their negligence.

IT'S A BABY!!! NOT AN ANIMAL!!!

Listen, I've got the biggest heart for animals... But you can't go all crazy and put them on the same pedistal as a freaking human!

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:19 PM
And yeah, the owner is fined and his dog is killed... But what about the mother who suffered thru 9 months of carrying the baby and the heartache she's going to go thru because of a stupid dog?!

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 02:22 PM
i keep hearing this shit about how "at least vick could run the ball". give me a fucking break... Vick USED TO be able to run the ball, but then he lost his nads and got progressively worse. Anyone who wants to disagree with me on that, just look at the W/L column: started out good @ 11-5 in '04, went down to 8-8 in '05, 7-9 last year. He's not all that and a bag of fuckin chips.. he's like the crumbs at the bottom of the bag of chips. McNabb on the other hand, is a real stand-up guy, can throw the ball, AND scramble. 1 good athlete doesn't make a team. The falcons are terrible with or without mike vick.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
i keep hearing this shit about how "at least vick could run the ball". give me a fucking break... Vick USED TO be able to run the ball, but then he lost his nads and got progressively worse.

Newsflash... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2700045

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
IT'S A BABY!!! NOT AN ANIMAL!!!

Listen, I've got the biggest heart for animals... But you can't go all crazy and put them on the same pedistal as a freaking human!

AND THEY KILL THE DAMN DOG FOR WHAT IT DID!!!!!

THIS SICK FUCK DROWNED, BURNED, HUNG, AND SHOCKED WHO KNOWS HOW MANY DOGS!!!! AND HE'S JUST GONNA GET SOME JAIL TIME AND HE WON'T GET TO PLAY HIS LITTLE FOOTBALL GAME! it's bull shit.

i say put his dumb ass in a ring with a handful of "his" dogs and let him fight to live... but if he doesn't perform well enough. torture his ass.

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
And yeah, the owner is fined and his dog is killed... But what about the mother who suffered thru 9 months of carrying the baby and the heartache she's going to go thru because of a stupid dog?!

i seriously want lyric to bite you....

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Newsflash... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2700045

Newsflash...

most quarterbacks also throw the ball.:goodjob:

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
THIS SICK FUCK DROWNED, BURNED, HUNG, AND SHOCKED WHO KNOWS HOW MANY DOGS!!!! AND HE'S JUST GONNA GET SOME JAIL TIME AND HE WON'T GET TO PLAY HIS LITTLE FOOTBALL GAME! it's bull shit.

It's also his entire career...

I said it's wrong... And he deserves to be punished.
And yeah, wonder what would happen to Lyric if he bit me? :rolleyes:

con
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
o.k. where's the people with the "Free Mike Vick" posters.........

hate it for the guy, but consequences do sometimes catch up with you.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Newsflash...

most quarterbacks also throw the ball.:goodjob:

I understand that. Just clearing it up for you that he can run the ball... :goodjob:

Ran
08-20-2007, 02:31 PM
And yeah, the owner is fined and his dog is killed... But what about the mother who suffered thru 9 months of carrying the baby and the heartache she's going to go thru because of a stupid dog?!I followed you all the way to this post, then I got lost. What, exactly, does the mother have to do with a dog harming her baby? Unless, of course it was a partial result of her negligence?

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 02:32 PM

i say put his dumb ass in a ring with a handful of "his" dogs and let him fight to live... but if he doesn't perform well enough. torture his ass.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I understand that. Just clearing it up for you that he can run the ball... :goodjob:

not anymore. the only balls he's gonna see from now on are Bubba's in his mouf. :yes:

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I followed you all the way to this post, then I got lost. What, exactly, does the mother have to do with a dog harming her baby? Unless, of course it was a partial result of her negligence?

No, say the baby was asleep in it's crib and a dog got in thru a opened door (hey it was a spring day and she was lettin the sunshine in)... The dog comes in, attacks the baby & before the mom could do anything about it, the baby's dead...

The owner gets fined & the dog gets shot... The mom grieves for God knows how long that she has lost her baby.

Ya follow?

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM

werd

Brett
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM

DAMN RIGHT

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM

No, i totally agree that it's wrong...

I just stated that it seems like you can get in more trouble for killing animals than people.

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:37 PM
It's also his entire career...

I said it's wrong... And he deserves to be punished.
And yeah, wonder what would happen to Lyric if he bit me? :rolleyes:

not like he's a working man struggling to get by and if he doesn't play football he's gonna starve... he stopped caring about the game and his heart did not seem to be in it....

and nothing would happen to lyric... other than i'd give him a dog biscuit and tell him good boy!

people like vick are the reason pit bulls have such bad reputations.. it's the reason my dog has to stay in a pen in north ga as opposed to a nice air conditioned apartment with an owner who loves him...

i get tired of the stereotype and if people are gonna keep callin pits baby eaters... i'm prolly gonna start feeding mine babies... atleast then the name will be correct.

Ran
08-20-2007, 02:37 PM
No, say the baby was asleep in it's crib and a dog got in thru a opened door (hey it was a spring day and she was lettin the sunshine in)... The dog comes in, attacks the baby & before the mom could do anything about it, the baby's dead...

The owner gets fined & the dog gets shot... The mom grieves for God knows how long that she has lost her baby.

Ya follow?Gotcha.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Ya'll are acting like I'm taking up for Vick... For God's sake, look ---> http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129455

That's not it at all. :no:

Hulud
08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
glad to see this crap is almost over

im so tired of hearing about it

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
No, i totally agree that it's wrong...

I just stated that it seems like you can get in more trouble for killing animals than people.

which is not the case.. cause had the owner actually been the one who ran in the door and mauled the baby to death... he would get adequate jail time and or the death sentence...

just like the dog did...

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:42 PM
and nothing would happen to lyric... other than i'd give him a dog biscuit and tell him good boy!

Lol. What an amazing boyfriend I have...

Ran
08-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Lol. What an amazing boyfriend I have...You two are still dating? Seriously, the only thing I see you guys do online is fight. The sex must be good to make up for it.

"I hate you!"
"I hate you too!"
"Why do you have to be such a d*ck?!"
"Because you're such a b*tch!"
"F*CK YOU!"
-Make-Up Sex-

:D

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:44 PM
You two are still dating? Seriously, the only I see you guys do online is fight. The sex must be good to make up for it.

"I hate you!"
"I hate you too!"
"Why do you have to be such a d*ck?!"
"Because you're such a b*tch!"
"F*CK YOU!"
-Make-Up Sex-

:D

Eh...

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Lol. What an amazing boyfriend I have...

keep making things personal online. :goodjob:

Brett
08-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Kelly, it may only be dogs, But ya know what? Dogs cant choose or have a chance to defend themselves, they are at the mercy of humans in that situation, so yeah the law needs to stand up for the animals when they dont have a voice to speak out for themselves.

bigdare23
08-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Killer, your acting like a dog life is equivalent to a human’s life. I know dog fighting is “wrong” to society, but you got to remember that they are just animals and lower than us on the food chain. Plus, why give dog special treatment? Why can’t all animals have the same right? Think about it, if you kill a snake in your community, you’re a hero. LOL

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
keep making things personal online. :goodjob:

You're the one saying you hoped Lyric bit me...
And you were serious

bigdare23
08-20-2007, 02:55 PM

for example, these past couple of months, our country has been arguing about the illegal immigrant situation. 2 weeks ago, 3 college students were murdered execution style by an illegal immigrant...i haven't seen anyone joining hands for them like i've seen them to bring down Vick :thinking:

I agree 100% :goodjob:

Kelly
08-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Kelly, it may only be dogs, But ya know what? Dogs cant choose or have a chance to defend themselves, they are at the mercy of humans in that situation, so yeah the law needs to stand up for the animals when they dont have a voice to speak out for themselves.

OMG, don't you get it? I think it's wrong...

Hulud
08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Killer, your acting like a dog life is equivalent to a human’s life. I know dog fighting is “wrong” to society, but you got to remember that they are just animals and lower than us on the food chain. Plus, why give dog special treatment? Why can’t all animals have the same right? Think about it, if you kill a snake in your community, you’re a hero. LOL
killing a snake and watching/torturing dogs for kicks is not the same thing at all.

hell fighting any animals is wrong.

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM

killing an animal that is a potential threat, or eating it to survive is understandable.... TORTURING THEM IS DIFFERENT!

i wouldn't walk into a pet store.. buy snakes, breed them under extremely poor conditions.. force them to fight.. and then torture them when they didn't "perform well"

Hulud
08-20-2007, 02:58 PM
killing an animal that is a potential threat, or eating it to survive is understandable.... TORTURING THEM IS DIFFERENT!

i wouldn't walk into a pet store.. buy snakes, breed them under extremely poor conditions.. force them to fight.. and then torture them when they didn't "perform well"
exactly

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
killing a snake and watching/torturing dogs for kicks is not the same thing at all.

lol.. reps... you beat me to it!

RISKYB
08-20-2007, 03:02 PM
finally some sort of justice, but i thinks its still a litlle lienient

bigdare23
08-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Why not? What make's killing a dog worse? I just used snakes as an example, but they're other animals that get tormented just like dogs (or even worse), and it's for fun also.

And I agree with ya, that fucking up animals for fun is wrong, but why is it worse when its a dog?

bigdare23
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM

My point is dogs aren’t the only animals that get fought, tormented, or kill for no reason, but they are protected more than any other animal.

Also, it's funny how people consider snakes "dangerous” when they are less than a threat than dogs. Most snakes are harmless and more scared of you than what you are of them. I believe more people get bite/killed by dogs in the US than any other animal.

Killer
08-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Why not? What make's killing a dog worse? I just used snakes as an example, but they're other animals that get tormented just like dogs (or even worse), and it's for fun also.

And I agree with ya, that fucking up animals for fun is wrong, but why is it worse when its a dog?

no body is saying it's worse cause it's a dog...

vick didn't fight chickens, frogs, snails, tigers, octopus, polar bears, or kittens.... he fought pit bulls....

tony
08-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Roy Jones Jr OPENLY supports Gamecock fighting which is very brutal and sees no consequences, Vick is being indicted on conspiracy.. meaning he didnt even have to BE THERE! He was just a part of the operation.. but again if that same dog that he was transporting from state to state kills a child he'd be in training camp right now.

And this is our judicial system, even more amazing is that dog fighting didnt become a felony until 8 days after Vicks house was searched.

I'll also say Vick has fucked his team, his fans and his future and he has to be one of the dumbest people around. I blame him and I also blame all those people who courted his ass all his life simply because he can run and throw simultaneously.

Killer
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Roy Jones Jr OPENLY supports Gamecock fighting which is very brutal and sees no consequences, Vick is being indicted on conspiracy.. meaning he didnt even have to BE THERE! He was just a part of the operation.. but again if that same dog that he was transporting from state to state kills a child he'd be in training camp right now.

And this is our judicial system, even more amazing is that dog fighting didnt become a felony until 8 days after Vicks house was searched.

I'll also say Vick has fucked his team, his fans and his future and he has to be one of the dumbest people around. I blame him and I also blame all those people who courted his ass all his life simply because he can run and throw simultaneously.

i don't support it at all.. but is gamecock fighting illegal in all states???

bigdare23
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
no body is saying it's worse cause it's a dog...

vick didn't fight chickens, frogs, snails, tigers, octopus, polar bears, or kittens.... he fought pit bulls....

but if he was fighting chickens, frogs, snails, tigers, octopus, polar bears, or kittens, would you be going back and forth with me right now......

Killer
08-20-2007, 03:31 PM
but if he was fighting chickens, frogs, snails, tigers, octopis, polar bears, or kittens, would you be going back and forth with me right now......

sure would

and my problem isn't as much as the fighting as it is the torture...

he's a dip shit for fighting them...

but what he did to those animals was completely uncalled for.. and inhumane.

bigdare23
08-20-2007, 03:35 PM
sure would

sure :rolleyes:

If so, it would be for no reason, since Vick would be playing preseason football right now.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 03:39 PM
sure would

I know you wouldn't be half as passionate as you're being if it were chihuahua's. As much as you hate them...

You'd probably even make some remark about them deserving it.

Jaimecbr900
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
If you can find any defense to breeding an animal strictly for the purpose of fighting, mistreating an animal because it "lost" you money in an illegal activity, mistreating an animal to make it "mean" and "ready" instead of treating it with dignity and compassion, getting ANY pleasure from watching ANY animal mame and intentionally hurt another living thing, injecting animals with untold chemicals to "bulk" it up, cutting off the circulation to the tail and ears WITH RUBBER BANDS until the flesh rots off......you are just as worthless as Vick is.

And before you come at me with all the useless banter of "you're jumping on the bandwagon"..... I say BULLSHIT. I come from a family that BRED roosters to fight. People came to grandfathers house from the other side of the island to buy specific fighting cocks because of their lineage. I've seen FIRST HAND what fighting cocks do to each other when provoked to fight. I've cleaned up dead animals and seen STEEL spurs be put onto the feet of roosters to fight. It is still legal in PR to fight them. There are mini-coliseums to go see it at. When we got old enough to ask questions and see our favorites be taken off by someone in a box to go fight and we were left crying.....my grandfather made a decision NOT to raise them anymore. He raised egg laying hens, guinea fowl, turkeys, orchids, and other exotic flowers. He, and I, once thought it was no big deal to let two roosters go at it. Not anymore and never again.

So all the Vick advocates can talk all they want about it's "just dogs", but in reality they FEEL just like we do. They cry out in pain, they love our attention, they would die for us if it came down to it....yet some people reward that by throwing them into some backyard ghetto ring to fight another snarling beast that knows no better.

It is one thing for an accident to happen or a dog maul someone defending it's owner. It is completely another to have animals and treat them as mere possesions and instruments for your own sick pleasures.

:2cents:

P.S. I totally agree with Walker and am really glad it's finally coming to end for Vick. We certainly have far better things to worry about than if or if not this thug gets sent to jail. He belonged in jail before, and now he just may get to be there.

Kelly
08-20-2007, 03:52 PM
If you can find any defense to breeding an animal strictly for the purpose of fighting, mistreating an animal because it "lost" you money in an illegal activity, mistreating an animal to make it "mean" and "ready" instead of treating it with dignity and compassion, getting ANY pleasure from watching ANY animal mame and intentionally hurt another living thing, injecting animals with untold chemicals to "bulk" it up, cutting off the circulation to the tail and ears WITH RUBBER BANDS until the flesh rots off......you are just as worthless as Vick is.

And before you come at me with all the useless banter of "you're jumping on the bandwagon"..... I say BULLSHIT. I come from a family that BRED roosters to fight. People came to grandfathers house from the other side of the island to buy specific fighting cocks because of their lineage. I've seen FIRST HAND what fighting cocks do to each other when provoked to fight. I've cleaned up dead animals and seen STEEL spurs be put onto the feet of roosters to fight. It is still legal in PR to fight them. There are mini-coliseums to go see it at. When we got old enough to ask questions and see our favorites be taken off by someone in a box to go fight and we were left crying.....my grandfather made a decision NOT to raise them anymore. He raised egg laying hens, guinea fowl, turkeys, orchids, and other exotic flowers. He, and I, once thought it was no big deal to let two roosters go at it. Not anymore and never again.

So all the Vick advocates can talk all they want about it's "just dogs", but in reality they FEEL just like we do. They cry out in pain, they love our attention, they would die for us if it came down to it....yet some people reward that by throwing them into some backyard ghetto ring to fight another snarling beast that knows no better.

It is one thing for an accident to happen or a dog maul someone defending it's owner. It is completely another to have animals and treat them as mere possesions and instruments for your own sick pleasures.

:2cents:

P.S. I totally agree with Walker and am really glad it's finally coming to end for Vick. We certainly have far better things to worry about than if or if not this thug gets sent to jail. He belonged in jail before, and now he just may get to be there.

I agree with you 100% :goodjob:

Kelly
08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
You dont know anything about, so get to know me before you judge my character. :goodjob:

I not defending Vick, but I hate how animal rights tend to apply "mostly" for dogs and that's the point I was making. It seem, like if you're not typing "Kill Vick" you're automatically label as an animal hater.

Thanks but I was talkin to Killer...

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
iv never killed a animal,and never will unless its life or death

these people that set cats on fire,and beat dogs...make me sick and they deserve to be in jail

BKgen®
08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
iv never killed a animal,and never will unless its life or death

these people that set cats on fire,and beat dogs...make me sick and they deserve to be in jail

amen.

that's the moral of the story here.

bigdare23
08-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks but I was talkin to Killer...

I'm sorry LOL

owned myself, thought I saw killer :lmfao:

Kelly
08-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah... I really would love to be an animal cop. That's one of my favorite shows. :yes:

Killer
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
I know you wouldn't be half as passionate as you're being if it were chihuahua's. As much as you hate them...

You'd probably even make some remark about them deserving it.

you're right... i set one on fire yesterday.... then i stomped it to put the fire out. :rolleyes: :gay:

ShooterMcGavin
08-20-2007, 06:47 PM
they should film his guilty plea and play it on primetime, on monday nite football :yes: :goodjob:

Hulud
08-20-2007, 07:09 PM
btw, i ordered two of the dog toys

fire7882
08-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Good behavior can cut an inmate's time by only about 15 percent with the feds. If the sentence is less than a year, he must serve all the time. This isn't state prison.

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 08:19 PM
and tthey said on ESPN if he was in state court he be looking at 4-5 years

ShooterMcGavin
08-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Good behavior can cut an inmate's time by only about 15 percent with the feds. If the sentence is less than a year, he must serve all the time. This isn't state prison.
not to mention he won't even be sentenced til october at least, and the falcons as a team won't cut him until next june when it makes sense for the cap room to do so. he won't be playing until '09 at the EARLIEST, assuming he's not banned from the nfl AND a coach/gm has the balls and/or backing to take a chance on him.