PDA

View Full Version : Fafsa question

RandomGuy
08-19-2007, 11:05 PM
lol i got class tomorrow

i forgot to file a fafsa, is it too late to get me some $$ lolol

if i file it like tonight will i get $ this year?

81911SC
08-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I think your fucked lol. Not sure though, but most likely.

bafbrian
08-19-2007, 11:13 PM
If you haven't missed the deadline, you can still file and get money to pay for school but, it will take some time before the school gets it. For now, you might have to pay outta pocket.

RandomGuy
08-19-2007, 11:14 PM
If you haven't missed the deadline, you can still file and get money to pay for school but, it will take some time before the school gets it. For now, you might have to pay outta pocket.
oh I already paid for classes out of pocket

i'm talkin bout pell grant or whatever its called.

bafbrian
08-19-2007, 11:23 PM
As long as you have missed the deadline, you are ok. You will get a nice refund check out it though.

RandomGuy
08-19-2007, 11:25 PM
As long as you have missed the deadline, you are ok. You will get a nice refund check out it though.
lol fuck in that case i think i missed it dman i think the deadline was mid june or something haha

damn procrastination FTL

bafbrian
08-19-2007, 11:27 PM
No it's not, I did mine earlier this month. I think it is sometime this month. Remember, not all colleges start at the same time, some start later. FAFSA usually stops taking applications when everyone has started school. Check the website and see.

RandomGuy
08-19-2007, 11:29 PM
No it's not, I did mine earlier this month. I think it is sometime this month. Remember, not all colleges start at the same time, some start later. FAFSA usually stops taking applications when everyone has started school. Check the website and see.

from the website

The 2007-2008 School Year (July 1st, 2007 - June 30th, 2008):

* FAFSA on the Web and Renewal FAFSA on the Web applications must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight time, June 30, 2008.
* Corrections on the Web forms must be submitted by midnight Central Daylight time, September 15, 2008.
* Note: Your college must have your complete and correct information by your last day of enrollment in the 2007-2008 school year.

It is important to note the type of deadline you are up against. Ask your school about their definition of an application deadline, whether it is the receipt date and time or the process date and time of the application.

The Department of Education considers an application's receipt date and time to be when the application/correction has been successfully submitted. The last page of the online application/correction submission process is therefore called the "Confirmation Page". It contains a 30 character long "Confirmation Number". This number contains the exact date and time (Central Standard Time) the form was received. It is recommended you print this for your records.

Note: Transactions must be completed and accepted by midnight to meet the deadline. If transmissions are started before midnight but are not completed until after midnight, those transmissions will not meet the deadline. In addition, any transmission picked up on the deadline date that gets rejected may not be able to be reprocessed because the deadline will have passed by the time the user gets the information notifying him/her of the reject.

doesn't make too much sense, there.

bafbrian
08-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Fill it out and see what happens. I did it this month and had no problems. It think it says that to get people to do them early but, procrastination FTMFW. :D

Dr.G35
08-20-2007, 12:17 AM
ahhh thanks for remindin me, i need to do it!

gtikid
08-20-2007, 12:20 AM
HOPE ftw :D

Dumbass :lmao:

NzProjeKt
08-20-2007, 12:44 AM
Even though there is a technical deadline.. It doesn't really matter when you fill it out.

If you are eligible then they just apply that amount to your student account.. In my case its applied to my gpcone mastercard.

GirlieZ
08-20-2007, 01:26 AM
ive filled mine out for a previous year and they got me money for the semester even when it had been completed....go talk to your financial aid dept at your school....they should know, but usually the are idiots. and it will be swamped the first two weeks until they disburse refunds, so go early and get in line before they open or wait a few weeks till everything is settled

TheProfiteer
08-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Just file it, I havent filled my either I need to cause I know I get some dough for doing it.

osiriskidd
08-20-2007, 01:34 AM
file it and see what happens. they'll refund you if it goes through though.

just to clear it up;

HOPE = for school ONLY
pell = pocket money right?

TheProfiteer
08-20-2007, 01:36 AM
HOPE = for school ONLY
pell = pocket money right?

dead on, I got 1k per semester for 3 semesters while my folks were split up.
and I have hope so that went straight into pocket.

osiriskidd
08-20-2007, 06:11 AM
oh..they gave me 4k for 2 semesters. so...new car >]

or i'll save...

RandomGuy
08-20-2007, 07:15 AM
thanks all

I filled it out last night, but i think (if i'm not mistaken) there was something on the GPC side of things I had to fill out for the fafsa to go through... (The Pink sheet)

lol the funny thing is every year something like this happens haha... and i still dont remember what to do.