PDA

View Full Version : Misc I need a phone expert...

Papa_Smurf
08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Okay, i switched from T-movile to Verizon today. I kept the same number, and everything, but i got a call from my friend and it came up on my old phone.... but then i asked my dad to call me right after that happened, and it called my new phone...

It's not 2 different numbers, trust me.

So does anyone know wtf is going on? shit is annoying...

bafbrian
08-19-2007, 10:35 PM
It means that you number hasn't been pushed through the system. You have to call them and let them know. They will do it right over the phone for you.

I had a similar problem when I went from Sprint to Verizon, I got calls on my Sprint phone but had to make calls on my Verizon phone. Called them up and they straightened it out that day.

Papa_Smurf
08-19-2007, 10:38 PM
they said i was going to have problems with it, he realized that in the store.... so he called the verizon people and they said i'd get a text between 5 minutes to 4 hours and everything would be fixed....

so i got the text before i even left the store, and then 3 hours later i get a call on my old phone, as well as a text....doesn't make sense.

anyway, who do i call, the store or like the 1800 verizon number?

bafbrian
08-19-2007, 11:09 PM
they said i was going to have problems with it, he realized that in the store.... so he called the verizon people and they said i'd get a text between 5 minutes to 4 hours and everything would be fixed....

so i got the text before i even left the store, and then 3 hours later i get a call on my old phone, as well as a text....doesn't make sense.

anyway, who do i call, the store or like the 1800 verizon number?

the 1800 number and let them know, they will connect to technical support and what they have the to do is "push" you number through. Something has to do with like authenticating your number and stuff. This seems to be a common problem with Verizon.

Just let them to get it fixed. My took maybe 5 mins at most. I told them that if they didn't get it fixed, I wasn't paying the phone bill and that they could get a call from lawyer should they charge me. :D

Papa_Smurf
08-20-2007, 09:35 AM
lo hardass.

well, i sent a few texts to myself from this website, and i'm getting them on my new phone now, so hopefully everything been "pushed" to my new account?

henryjkim
08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
porting phone numbers takes about 2-3 days.. so you will get some calls on your new phone and your old.. just carry them both around for a few days and you'll be straight

Killer
08-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Okay, i switched from T-movile to Verizon today. I kept the same number, and everything, but i got a call from my friend and it came up on my old phone.... but then i asked my dad to call me right after that happened, and it called my new phone...

It's not 2 different numbers, trust me.

So does anyone know wtf is going on? shit is annoying...

turn the old phone off and don't worry about it...

when i would get new phones from verizon and my phones would be near each other (new and old) i would receive voice mails and texts on both phones...