PDA

View Full Version : You cheap fuckers....

.blank cd
08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
When you out to eat, give me some damn money for giving you some damn food. Show this to all your friends and parents who think its cool to only leave people like me $2.00 on a $30.00 tab when im waiting on 10 of you guys. We watch for people like this so when they come back in, you dont get waited on at all.

For those of us who work in the restaurant/foodservice industy you'll thank me for finding this...

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveMoney/HeresATip20PercentIsTheNew15Percent.aspx

osiriskidd
08-18-2007, 11:09 PM
i agree

.blank cd
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Im sayin, When you pay your bill, it does not include me bringing you drinks, especially when you're suckin em down, making sure your food is in order and all that crap. I am essentially a sub contractor, which means you have to pay me to do that. Its very bad w/ people ages 16-30

KPowerEP3
08-18-2007, 11:25 PM
repost, but reps because I remember those days

redrumracer
08-18-2007, 11:27 PM
tipping is proportional to the quality of service. but i believe in a at least a dollar per person.

ep9716
08-18-2007, 11:31 PM
I Leave 5-10 Bucks Tip All The Time...

Unless You Suck Balls And Forget All The Shit I Wanted 15 Mins Ago..

EDIT: Just Me, As One Person.

Julio
08-18-2007, 11:31 PM
lol.. 10 people and the tab was 30 bucks? where the fuck was this?

I hate Male servers... Male servers should not exist....

.blank cd
08-18-2007, 11:37 PM

just using that as an example, but it has happend, when a bunch of kids come in and order water, and only a couple people order food, but i still have to keep everyones water refilled.

Male servers are just as good, if not better than female servers

changaroo
08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
been in your shoes, it sucks.

what really pisses me off is when people decide to round up their check to the nearest penny. that pisses the hell out of me, but w/e. once u work at a restaurant you look at tipping from a total different perspective.

.blank cd
08-18-2007, 11:39 PM
tipping is proportional to the quality of service. but i believe in a at least a dollar per person.

and 9 times out 10, bad service is not the actual waiters fault. as it reads in the article, sometimes the management doesnt put enough of us on the floor so we have to pick up too many tables, or the kitchen wants to take their time with your food. and if the tempreture of your steak or burger is messed up, its 100% not our fault. we dont cook the shit

.blank cd
08-18-2007, 11:41 PM
been in your shoes, it sucks.

what really pisses me off is when people decide to round up their check to the nearest penny. that pisses the hell out of me, but w/e. once u work at a restaurant you look at tipping from a total different perspective.

Thats why i think there should be a college course in tipping correctly. or at least a PSA

Julio
08-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Thats why i think there should be a college course in tipping correctly. or at least a PSA

I will tell you right now.. I do not tip well male servers...

Julio
08-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Male servers are just as good, if not better than female servers

You do not have tits or nice legs... or a sexy curve..

Get outta here :lmfao:

changaroo
08-18-2007, 11:54 PM
it definately does help being a girl server / waitress, more than being a guy at least. but hey, thats life.

RISKYB
08-19-2007, 12:31 AM
yeah that was cheap fot 10 people

TIGERJC
08-19-2007, 12:38 AM
I will tell you right now.. I do not tip well male servers...
I guess you do not mind ppl fucking with your food :D

If you would have came to the restaurants I have worked at, I know for a fact your food would have been messed with.

B16a2 Civic
Don't you get paid wether your tipped or not?

TIGERJC
Don't you get paid wether your tipped or not?
prolly $2/hr

B16a2 Civic
08-19-2007, 12:41 AM
I tip if the service is good, tip has to be deserved.
I tip my barber tho, can't have a fucked up cut

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 12:42 AM
minimum wage is 2.13/hr for tipped employees. thats why your food is so cheap. if we were paid $8 or 9, your food would skyrocket. thats why in more expensive restaurants, food is more, cause those waiters are getting paid regular min. wage or better.

TIGERJC
08-19-2007, 12:44 AM
I was a server for 3 years, I tip no matter what b/c it is tough being a server. Ppl who are too critcal of servers, more than likey haven't worked in the industry. The shit you have to put up with is ridiculous and thats why I am done with the waiter crap

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 12:44 AM
You do not have tits or nice legs... or a sexy curve..

Get outta here :lmfao:

You'd be surprised, unless your at hooters, sometimes I make more than the attractive girls at my store

Echonova
08-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Don't lie, you get paid 8-9 dollars an hour based on tips.... and of course you report that income to be taxed like the rest of us......... right? That being said, coming from a resturant background (my father owns a chain of resturants that I worked in most of my young life) I will tip VERY well if the service is good, and very bad if the service is bad. Food bad? Not your fault? Bullshit, that's what I'm paying you for. If the cook puts my steak out wrong, you catch it BEFORE it comes to the table. / end drunken rant.

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Sure on a decent night i'll get $15-20 an hour, but thats cumulative. If I get 10 shitty tipping tables that dont tip because they think that IM cooking their food and i brought it out late, or because they think im slacking when i got 20 other tables because the manager had to make his labor% for the day, then i could probably make $4-5 an hour BEFORE i have to split it between the bar and the bussers

We can catch if someone puts the wrong food on your plate, but If you can figure out a way for me to tell how done your steak is without touching it or cutting on it before you get it, you let me know. Some of the time, im not even the one whos bringing it to you. You pay me to take your order, fill your drink up and bring you a bill when its done.

Crazy Asian
08-19-2007, 01:34 AM
for some odd reason my dad and I hate figuring out tips so when something comes out like $20 or up to $100 its goes from $7 to $25in tip. And whenever we come back ppl rush to serves us wtf

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
The new rule of thumb is 20%, parties of 8 or more, If you leave less than 15% and you leave it on a credit card, expect it to be changed

Echonova
08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Sure on a decent night i'll get $15-20 an hour, but thats cumulative. If I get 10 shitty tipping tables that dont tip because they think that IM cooking their food and i brought it out late, or because they think im slacking when i got 20 other tables because the manager had to make his labor% for the day, then i could probably make $4-5 an hour BEFORE i have to split it between the bar and the bussers

We can catch if someone puts the wrong food on your plate, but If you can figure out a way for me to tell how done your steak is without touching it or cutting on it before you get it, you let me know. Some of the time, im not even the one whos bringing it to you. You pay me to take your order, fill your drink up and bring you a bill when its done.You can tell how a steak is cooked by the color of the juice coming out of it. But, I'm not trying to bust your chops. I have respect for those that serve for a living. Like TigerJC said, I couldn't do it. Tipping the bussers FTL. Keep the tip and threaten immigration if they bitch..LOL.j/k

Echonova
08-19-2007, 01:41 AM
The new rule of thumb is 20%, parties of 8 or more, If you leave less than 15% and you leave it on a credit card, expect it to be changedExpect the charge to be contested. I agree on large parties. But changing MY tip......

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 01:46 AM
You can tell how a steak is cooked by the color of the juice coming out of it. But, I'm not trying to bust your chops. I have respect for those that serve for a living. Like TigerJC said, I couldn't do it. Tipping the bussers FTL. Keep the tip and threaten immigration if they bitch..LOL.j/k

All of our bussers are white kids and they get paid 2.13 too. Properly cooked depending on the cut, shouldnt have much juice coming out of them while they're being presented untill theyre cut open by the guest. My steaks are usually that way when i cook em at home (normally i buy fillets mingon and NY Strips)

changaroo
08-19-2007, 01:46 AM
a lot of restaurants have tip automatically added to the check for parties larger than 6.

Echonova
08-19-2007, 01:48 AM
All of our bussers are white kids and they get paid 2.13 too. Properly cooked depending on the cut, shouldnt have much juice coming out of them while they're being presented untill theyre cut open by the guest. My steaks are usually that way when i cook em at home (normally i buy fillets mingon and NY Strips) Damn son, I'm eating at your house tomorrow.

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 01:50 AM
Expect the charge to be contested. I agree on large parties. But changing MY tip......

Ive done it twice before. Once to a lady who brought her 10 kids in and a couple other adults who i was running my ass off for and left me 1 dollar on her credit card. I changed it to 15%. I never heard from the lady, no one ever said NE thing to me about it. And i got my money at the end of the day. Dont know if the restaurant ate it or not. She probably thought there was an automatic gratuity involved.

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Damn son, I'm eating at your house tomorrow.

guess i kinda worded it wrong:

when I do cook steak @ my house, I normally buy fillets and NY strips

Echonova
08-19-2007, 01:53 AM
LOL. It's all good man. I do the same. Unless it's Carne Asada. MMmmmm

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 02:02 AM
I will throw the fuck down on some Asada. +1 for carne asada

BKgen®
08-19-2007, 07:12 AM
cry about it you little bitch. it's your job... gotta take the bad with the good.

i always tip well... unless the waiter/waitress is in a bad mood and doesn't think they should give me the fuckin time of day.

edit: and, of course, if the service just sucks in general.

ATK_Designs
08-19-2007, 07:22 AM
I leave tips depends on how good the service was. If you bring out my entre before my appetizer, that's only 10% for you. If you bring out my drinks after both, that's 5% for you. And if you did all that and it takes you 15 min to get my check right after I told u I need them, $1 for you.

I used to be a waiter when I was in school, so I know how it's like when people leave bad tips for my good services. But if I offered bad services, I can't complain.

"B"
08-19-2007, 07:30 AM
When you out to eat, give me some damn money for giving you some damn food. Show this to all your friends and parents who think its cool to only leave people like me $2.00 on a $30.00 tab when im waiting on 10 of you guys. We watch for people like this so when they come back in, you dont get waited on at all.

For those of us who work in the restaurant/foodservice industy you'll thank me for finding this...

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveMoney/HeresATip20PercentIsTheNew15Percent.aspx

I usually tip more than 20%; get off my dick.

Wurm
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
if you dont like the way your jobs pays then get a new one

//end discussion

Stormhammer
08-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I'll be honest, I wouldn't really tip much for water because isn't water like, free?

Jecht
08-19-2007, 09:14 AM
I don't eat in restaurants with servers anyways because most of the food costs more than I'm willing to pay and then I have to pay 20% more on top of that? Yes, I'm a cheapass. This is why if I'm invited out to eat with a group, I won't eat/drink anything.

BobbyFresco
08-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Been there done that...I think everyone at least once in his or her lifetime should have to work some kind of service related job......

Like it has been said before, customers tend to take shit out on the servers when in all actuality it is not your fault....Why people can't understand that you as a server do not personally cook their food is beyond me.....

Secondly, you should never treat the person who is handling your food like shit....

Case in point..: I was a server and bartender at a local restaurant before I got the job that I now have....I had a group come in....Two guys and three girls...the guys apparently thought they were too fucking cool....I take drink orders...a girl asks for juice...I inform her that there are no free refills on juice, per what I am supposed to do as a server....One of the guys gets mad and says " Did she ask you about fucking refills?" I didn't say anything.....They continue to be asses to me...I was like ok...You guys fucked up

They all order steaks...I ring in the order...I go back to the kitchen and talk to one of the cooks who I was really cool with....He cooks the steaks....After that, he turns a blind eye to what I'm about to do...

I drop the steaks in a puddle of yuck water that settled on the floor behind the cook's line...I then spit on the steaks, put them back on the plates and take them out and present them to the assholes...

They eat said steaks with no hesitation....
They ask for the tab....
I bring the tab and one guy grabs it....Their check was a little under $100....He gives me $200 and they all get up and leave......
So basically, I made a little over $100 tipwise on these asses and they just ate some nasty ass steaks.....I guess he was trying to show off...
I did not feel bad...In fact, I laughed my ass off.....

Moral of this story: Do not fuck with your servers because you never know what they will do to your food....

and btw, I tip very well when I go out to eat.....and even if the service sucks, I leave $5, minimum....

Halfwit
08-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Im sayin, When you pay your bill, it does not include me bringing you drinks, especially when you're suckin em down, making sure your food is in order and all that crap. I am essentially a sub contractor, which means you have to pay me to do that. Its very bad w/ people ages 16-30
so 1- 15 y/o's tip good?

Wurm
08-19-2007, 09:46 AM
so 1- 15 y/o's tip good?

of course they got deep pockets or diapers

"B"
08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
if you dont like the way your jobs pays then get a new one

//end discussion

I completely agree.

antiv6
08-19-2007, 10:20 AM
i tip but when im with my friends and we are obviously overlooked for being all around 18 and we never get refills or anything im not gonna leave very much, just because a lot of young people leave shitty tips doesn't mean we should all get shitty service

Wurm
08-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I completely agree.
I personally dont think they should make over 10 bucks a hour for a job a high school student should be doing

keevo54
08-19-2007, 11:51 AM
i tip but when im with my friends and we are obviously overlooked for being all around 18 and we never get refills or anything im not gonna leave very much, just because a lot of young people leave shitty tips doesn't mean we should all get shitty service
Yeah I have had some bad service because of age. IF they are ok 15%, really good will get 20-25. If they are bad I have left pennies before because they were complete asses.

BobbyFresco
08-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I personally dont think they should make over 10 bucks a hour for a job a high school student should be doing

So what kind of job would you suggest a college student have, given schedules and whatnot?...

:blah:

Anyway, I used to average anywhere from 400-1000 a week and that was @ Applebees...I have known people that have worked at more expensive places and cleared anywhere from 50-70k a year.......

BobbyFresco
08-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah I have had some bad service because of age. IF they are ok 15%, really good will get 20-25. If they are bad I have left pennies before because they were complete asses.

I'm not excusing anyone not getting good service when they go out to eat but usually teens tend to order stupid shit i.e, apps and water , sit at a table camping out, and making huge fucking messes like they have no damn sense and then to add insult, do not tip.....That's the reason why teens do not usually get good service...Why waste your time and effort when you know you're going to be crapped on....:screwy:

Kyle
08-19-2007, 03:40 PM
You must work at the wrong place, I know servers that rarely deal with this kind of thing. I have never heard my friends complain and they make over $100 a night(which is good at 20 years old). It has to a be a shitty job to make you pissed enough to make a thread.

Kevykev
08-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Although I'm frugal,

My standard tip is 20%

Impress me and you'll earn more.

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm not excusing anyone not getting good service when they go out to eat but usually teens tend to order stupid shit i.e, apps and water , sit at a table camping out, and making huge fucking messes like they have no damn sense and then to add insult, do not tip.....That's the reason why teens do not usually get good service...Why waste your time and effort when you know you're going to be crapped on....:screwy:

You get +2. you seem to know whats goin on. That is exactly how it happens. the kids who come to a casual dining restaurant and get WATER AND APPS!!! I hate that shit more than anything. YOU HAVE WATER and SNACKS AT HOME & THEY COSTS LESS. If you come in a casual dining restaurant and order less than $10 worth of food, leave me $5 bucks or GTFO

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 04:27 PM
You must work at the wrong place, I know servers that rarely deal with this kind of thing. I have never heard my friends complain and they make over $100 a night(which is good at 20 years old). It has to a be a shitty job to make you pissed enough to make a thread.

It all depends on where you work. no matter who you are, if you've worked in this industry, you've experienced it. Its worse at casual dining restaurants (i.e. Chilis, Fridays, Applebees) because the kids have more access to it, when you move up to more formal dining (Most Italian restaurants, Copelands, Bahama Breeze, etc) then its not as bad. BTW, it is a pretty shitty job. I quit today. I have somethin a whole lot better lined up :D

Kyle
08-19-2007, 04:36 PM
It all depends on where you work. no matter who you are, if you've worked in this industry, you've experienced it. Its worse at casual dining restaurants (i.e. Chilis, Fridays, Applebees) because the kids have more access to it, when you move up to more formal dining (Most Italian restaurants, Copelands, Bahama Breeze, etc) then its not as bad. BTW, it is a pretty shitty job. I quit today. I have somethin a whole lot better lined up :D
I figured as much. Most servers make good enough money they can ignore the shitty tips, but when a server complains about tips you know they hate their job.

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I usually make about 100+ a night (weekends), but when people like that take up a big part of my section and dont tip, its real aggravating. My mom got me into her company doing project managment for a major construction co. I just gotta finish up school, I should be alright until then. and its ridiculous $$$$ too, especially for being under 30yrs old (22)

THX712517
08-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I worked at Chick-fil-A for three years, making anywhere from $5.50 an hour to a staggering $8.25 as a supervisor. For this incredible wage I worked eight to ten hours a day, often split shifts that were configured by the owner of the store so he wouldn't have to pay me for my lunch breaks. I slaved away as hard as I could to make my customers happy, but there was never any hope. I could work my ass off on the front counter and the best I could hope for was the customer wouldn't come back.

For all this hard work, being the whipping boy for customers and being bitched out for there being seven chicken nuggets instead of eight, I got jack shit. So I quit and found myself a real job at a car dealership. I make shitloads more money, work less, and feel a fuckload better.

That being said, when I go out to eat or when I order pizza for delivery, I tip 25% or better. No one ever thought to tip the fast food guy because it's not required for his job. Now that I make more money and am in a better part of my life, I make sure that those who are still suffering get some kind of compensation for their time spent helping me.

.blank cd
08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
For all this hard work, being the whipping boy for customers and being bitched out for there being seven chicken nuggets instead of eight, I got jack shit. So I quit and found myself a real job at a car dealership. I make shitloads more money, work less, and feel a fuckload better.

Which dealership, and how long have you been there? I used to sell cars and I didnt like it that much. Made alot of money tho.

d993s
08-19-2007, 05:19 PM
^^^
???
Those who are still suffering? If they are limited to a shitty job at a fast food restaurant, then they have to prepare to deal with idiots.

It's just like PURPOSELY moving to the ghetto; you will most likely have to deal with stupid shit, get shot, or lower your standards to fit in.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-19-2007, 05:51 PM

:lmao:

if you suck, you suck.. you deserve whatever the fuck I put on the table.. not my fault your not a good server or mad at the world

BobbyFresco
08-19-2007, 06:14 PM
:lmao:

if you suck, you suck.. you deserve whatever the fuck I put on the table.. not my fault your not a good server or mad at the world

I wouldn't be surprised if your food has been tampered with a time or two.....;)

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
well usually if I get bad service there.. I don't say shit to them.. and then I usually don't eat there ever again

mikew
08-19-2007, 07:25 PM
fuck tips i work in the dishpit and dont see that money :(