PDA

View Full Version : Boosting problem

Spyder
07-14-2005, 08:34 PM
ok so i have a random problem in my 02 1.8T Jetta. when i start and then take it for a spin it hits 10-11psi then drops back to 9ish, which i assume is normal. when i drive the car for any distance it will randomly start to run only like 4-5 psi. there is no CEL. i can then turn off the ignition and start it again and all is well. i dont mean let it cool off or anything, often i do it as im driving down the road just click it off then back on real quick and suddenly its back to 10ish psi like nothing ever happened... i dont want to take it to a dealer but i may have to. i also dont want to get my ECU chipped if there is a problem that would be covered under my warranty.. any advise would be appreciated.

mi4dub
07-16-2005, 12:48 AM
if not chipped then take it to the dealer. you are going on a hard limp. i am not sure what the requested boost is but when you over boost then it will hit limp. prolly your n75 is bad. prolly need a throttle alignment as well. that can be done with vag.

Allstar3.8T
07-16-2005, 01:06 AM
I was thinkin N75 as well, Vag it, the go to ECStuning.com and get a race valve and be done!

RandomGuy
07-16-2005, 02:45 AM
no, you guys are wrong, the problem is obviously the radiator... And those 1.8T's have the whole jet-valve problem. Get an eliminator kit and you should be fine. I have done this many times in my jetta and can do it with my eyes closed. go to www.lemonparty.org for more details... yeah im bored and i cant sleep

Spyder
07-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks everyone but RandomGuy :)