PDA

View Full Version : Misc Any Vets or Vet techs out there?

Killer
08-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Got a question...

my pit broke his toe nail completely off... (there is no nail left to protect the meat)

i've used powdered styptic, gel styptic, i've wrapped it up, i've left it unwrapped. i put neosporin on it, cleaned it with peroxide... yet it doesn't seem to be toughening up....

this happened over a week ago sometime before last wednesday (he stays outside at a friends house in north ga so i can't monitor him very well) my dad said it'll get better in a couple days.. his dogs have done the same in the past...

but his still isn't better... my apt manager let me bring him down with me for the week to get him better, but i've got to take him back this weekend and i want to make sure it gets better...

any ideas!??!!!!?!! should i just let him lick it and take care of it? do i keep it wrapped??

DeutscheBAG!
08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Killer
hit me up..my brother in law is a vette up in canton

i'm sure he can take a look at him

Killer
08-16-2007, 09:57 PM
dude walker that'd be incredible... i'll be driving through canton tomorrow evening...

u know about how much something like that would cost?? tell you what.. i'll pm you my number... i'm about to hit the bed, but i'll be online all day tomorrow! and up and at work by 9 so hit me up! shooting u the pm now! thanks walker!

Killer
08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
UP!

4GPVR4
08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
If it is still red I would keep it wrapped until it looks better. That way when he walks it won't hurt & will keep dirt out of it until the nail grows back. Keep cleaning it & neosporin on it. I've seen these take about a week to get an outer nail growing just enough for you not to wrap it. If it takes longer, take him to a vet. If you do take him into the vet, they may give you pain meds and or antibiotics.