PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Knowledge anyone??

AnthonyF
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Well, My clutch is startin to slip a tiny bit at high boost but hopefully it'll hold for tunerfest with the slicks. But my ? is, what is a good style of clutch for street/strip??

I dont know that much about clutches other then different number of pucks. I drive 100 miles a day in stop and go traffic. So, i want something easy to control but the strength for the track. I dont think there is a lightened flywheel for my car yet and I dunno if I am going to do it. I've driven a honda with one and it was a PAIN IN THE ASSSSSS!

My stock clutch has plenty left on it, but just doesnt have the strength to hold on in the lower gears at high rpm. My car has about 60kmiles on it with about 100 or more drag passes.

Can anyone help me out? I need some good facts, not just.."get this cuz its the best" etc...

RISKYB
08-16-2007, 11:16 AM
personal experience = act

NevrNufTorq
08-16-2007, 05:30 PM
you oughtta see if spec offers anything. had a spec stg 4 in the vette before i went with the mccleod twin disk. woulda got a spec twin but they were backordered. :D oh, just fyi, you might run your best times with the clutch slippn a lil. helps witht the traction on hard launches :goodjob: