PDA

View Full Version : My hatch has been conquered, marked, and messed...

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Well, gentleman...it was only a matter of time...my car was the victim of road rage, and is now needing a visit to the hospital... And tickets that I TRULY should not have received. (I think even QD would agree on this one)

It started monday after I met up with Bucky to sell him the DA halfshaft that's been in my basement forever (great guy, if anyone ever deals with him)

Kyle (AgentEasy) rode home with me from meeting Bucky. It was to be a nice relaxing day. Take a DA up to the shop to do some work on it, come home, swim, get to bed early. Well, I was heading west on highway 92 headed to pick up the DA. I was in the right lane, "AA Pacific Taxi" with a fuckin' towel-head driver was in the right in a dark silver nissan quest. The right lane was moving faster, so I was traveling in it. Well, I slowed down with the flow of traffic, and went to move left seeing as I had to turn left up ahead, anyways. I checked the traffic; it was clear, so I proceeded left. That's when it began....

Taxi driver gets pissed and stomps the pedal and gets up on my ass. In my rearview, I can see how pissed he is because his face is literally over top of the steering wheel with hands at 10 and 2. You know..like an old lady behind the wheel? This kinda pissed me off, so I shifted down to 4th, and let off the clutch, giving it no gas, and not touching the brake pedal allowing a nice and slow decel. Homeboy almost hits me. Slams on the brakes, and his van swerves side to side regaining its control. (so he's up to two tickets...road rage, and aggressive driving)

The quest downshifts and comes hauling up on my right hand side (another ticket). I look ahead and in the right lane, where there's what if I remember correctly was a Nissan Sentra. I was enclosing on the Sentra, but was not accelerating. Just coasting. I thought in my head "Fuck...he's gonna hit that sentra, he'd better slow down." At about that time, I knew the van driver's intentions. I told Kyle "Fuck, hold on!" so he grabs the oh shit handle, and the van slides into my lane. I started to swerve left, but would have gone off into a ditch and spun out and ended up who knows where. So I held my ground (thank god for sticky tires) Without a turn signal, (another ticket) he hit his back left side on my front right corner (marks on his van prove my front bumper hit his rear tire, and my rear tire hit his back bumper) My sticky tires held for the most part as the van put itself into a "pit maneuvar". My car got sideways, but my incredibly awesome driving skills held us sliding sideways in a straight line into a garr. The van slid perpindicular to me, and I hit the brakes. The van continued the spin and slid sideways on two wheels across the median into the lanes on oncoming traffic on highway 92. I locked 'em up and slid to a stop in the gar (he was "changing lanes" about 100ft from the intersection...another ticket).

When the van landed on the other side of 92, he gunned it and took off. He got about 200yards down the road before pulling off. His tire had left the rim when he hit the median. Two witnesses stopped and called the police with a tag number.

Now's where it gets pretty messed up...

Cop shows up and brings the middle eastern fucker for questioning at a nearby fire station. The story I told was exact to that above. I don't know what the other dude said. The witness that stayed said it was intentional on the other guy's fault that he tried to run me off the road... The cop NEVER questioned Kyle beyond "you were in this car?" (bad move on the cop's part)

I got ticketed with Aggressive Driving and "Passing rules". Other dude was charged with what Kyle said looked to be 3 tickets, but I don't know what they were for...I'll be getting the police report tomorrow.

Still not sure how the fuck I got charged, though...

Anyways, damage to my car was that he hit me hard enough to break the bottom loose on the driver's side fender, crack and mess up the pass. fender, ate up the front bumper (pushing it in far enough that it also left tire marks on the blinker) knocked the piss out of my alignment, and hit the car hard enough that it put a small dent in the door. Between the driver's fender, dent in the door, and the jacked up alignment...I think there's a good shot my subframe is twisted...

What will come from all of this, I have yet to decide and learn...but I know my car's pretty messed, and if I'm charged with Aggressive driving...I'm fucked.

AnTi-PooN
08-15-2007, 08:21 PM
ouch sry dude

Whiteboy™
08-15-2007, 08:25 PM
that sucks

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Yeah, but I mean...as far as legal stuff, I think I"m alright. The fact he didn't question Kyle puts the cop's word to shit. And the fact I have two witnesses that are unrelated to anyone in the accident verifying it was his intentional move to run me off the road SHOULD clear my tickets.

What I'm more concerned about is my baby. At this point I don't know if I wanna pick her up, full disassemble and spend about 3 months COMPLETELY re-doing it (and I mean engine rebuild with some goodies, interior, exterior, and engine bay...basically...full restoration. Every bolt and every nut) OR...picking up a CRx shell and transfer all the parts over and do a restoration on her...or...take the money, and find a new toy (not sure what, yet, though)

If I get the CRx (or hatch) shell and transfer everything over, I'll have more money to sink into the engine...

Nonetheless, I love my car. We've bonded, and I can't count the hours in her.

At the same time, there's always time in this life to pick up and move on...

I don't know what I'll do when I'm talking to their insurance company and they say "Total out for XXX$ or we'll cut you a check for....." I really don't know. I think it'll halfway depend on how much the amount is. I work at a body shop...labor comes free in the end...but...there's still ALOT of work that would be done to my car...

I <3 my EF
08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
TAKE THAT SHIT TO COURT!!! FIGHT THE POWER AND RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
...little too carried away.

I'll be going to court...and I wanna get as much as I can. But at the same time...I came out alright (a little sore the next day, but I'm alright, now) Kyle's not hurt...I highly highly doubt I'll sue for anything unneccessary. I just want my car fixed.

uproot
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
that sucks man.. hopefully your subframe is alright and now you have a good reason to get a jdm EF9 bumper and some non z3 fenders

think optimistically. :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Optimistically is NOT the fact that if the subframe is twisted, it's weakened...making it less safe in the event of an accident (LoL...like I'd EVER get in an accident...) and less "stiff" in the twisties of the mountains...

Looking at the EF9 front...I just may... We'll see. Main focus for now is getting those tickets dropped...

uproot
08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Optimistically is NOT the fact that if the subframe is twisted, it's weakened...making it less safe in the event of an accident (LoL...like I'd EVER get in an accident...) and less "stiff" in the twisties of the mountains...

Looking at the EF9 front...I just may... We'll see. Main focus for now is getting those tickets dropped...

yeah but theres a lot lookin in favor for you :goodjob: good luck bro.

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm just hoping it's enough...if things go smoothly, I'll be in a truck for the next squad meet (unless I haven't even started repairs at the time of the next meet) and shadow will be back for the following meet.

Basically..I'll drive the car until I start the project. Once I do...NO ONE will see her (well, AgentEasy and anyone that comes by the shop MIGHT...)

uproot
08-15-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm just hoping it's enough...if things go smoothly, I'll be in a truck for the next squad meet (unless I haven't even started repairs at the time of the next meet) and shadow will be back for the following meet.

Basically..I'll drive the car until I start the project. Once I do...NO ONE will see her (well, AgentEasy and anyone that comes by the shop MIGHT...)

sounds like you got a lil somethin somethin up your sleeves

AnTi-PooN
08-15-2007, 09:06 PM
if you wanna pick up a cheap goodlookin rex get bucky's it's nice i saw it the other day... also i'd wanna transfer stuff so we could go halfsies or sumthing

uproot
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
yeah or if you want a cheap hatch, buy the one im sellin :goodjob:

Hektik
08-15-2007, 09:07 PM
...little too carried away.

I'll be going to court...and I wanna get as much as I can. But at the same time...I came out alright (a little sore the next day, but I'm alright, now) Kyle's not hurt...I highly highly doubt I'll sue for anything unneccessary. I just want my car fixed.

As true as this is.. this guy tried to run you off the road and could have killed you if it wasnt for the fact that you knew how to handle the situation.. you should try to get him for whatever he is worth so he thinks twice before doing this to someone else.... glad to hear you ok. property is replaceable, a life isnt. sorry to hear about your car though i know how much time youve spent on it...

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 09:09 PM
sounds like you got a lil somethin somethin up your sleeves
...to say the least. Right now I've got the supplies to build two built engines...and I can go any or two of mini-me, dseries turbo, lsvtec, or lsturbo. Ya'll will just have to wait and find out... Wait til you see what happens to the engine bay and the exterior :goodjob: Not sure if the interior will be done, at that point in time... But I CAN say that my manager wants to "put my car out" in order to catch some attention of the EF Squad...both for business, and to get the name out.

if you wanna pick up a cheap goodlookin rex get bucky's it's nice i saw it the other day... also i'd wanna transfer stuff so we could go halfsies or sumthing
Halfsies...?

Well, I've got hookups with bucky's, or a hatch that runs with some issues for 500, or a rolling rex shell for 300...

Hektik
08-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, I've got hookups with a hatch that runs with some issues for 500,...

shit i need some hookups like that...

AnTi-PooN
08-15-2007, 09:11 PM
just offering ...........

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah or if you want a cheap hatch, buy the one im sellin :goodjob:
LoL, you've got one, too? Damn...

As true as this is.. this guy tried to run you off the road and could have killed you if it wasnt for the fact that you knew how to handle the situation.. you should try to get him for whatever he is worth so he thinks twice before doing this to someone else.... glad to hear you ok. property is replaceable, a life isnt. sorry to hear about your car though i know how much time youve spent on it...
All true... I guess you're right. I mean if it was like an old woman that clearly didn't intentionally do it...sure. But you're right...he did intentionally do this..

I don't know. The police report will make alot of decisions for me. Seeing what he was charged with, and how the cop made the story sound. In addition, I've got an outstanding attorney just waiting to hear from me, a body shop waiting to hear from me, a company AND personell I can sue individually.

Not to mention the fact when I go to court I'm going in Class A's (JFRO knows what I mean).

I just hate to go into court being overly aggressive. They'll look at the car I drive, and they'll look at my record with over 50tickets, 2 times in jail, 1 time arested, and a year of license revocation...and then see me...a 21yr old white male...

I guess lucky for me the judges in Cherokee county are white male/female, and usually somewhat racist and patriotic...but they're also infamous for making young bucks like me an example...it's actually been in the news.

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
shit i need some hookups like that...
They're on IA...just gotta go lookin'. They personal hookups I have are more like an entire skyline halfcut for 4500-5K. Or an EF JDM front clip, engine and all for 1200-1500...

THAT...is baller.

just offering ...........
LoL, I hear ya...we'll see what the police report says...

uproot
08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
LoL, you've got one, too? Damn...

yeah don't you see the link in my sig? damn.... u must be blind lol

well hey thats cool your mgr. is wanting to do that... win/win right there

so maybe you can cut a deal for your fellow EFer's?? hmmm???? :D

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh...but to whomever asked...I've got receipts for about 5K$ worth of work, but I know I've spent about 7K$. In addition to this, I've dropped probably a gallon of blood, 100gallons of sweat, a few tears, and probably above 3000hrs on this hatch...just guessing on the hours, but for the sweat tears blood and money...those are pretty accurate. In just under 4 yeras I've put about 95K miles on her...

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah don't you see the link in my sig? damn.... u must be blind lol

well hey thats cool your mgr. is wanting to do that... win/win right there

so maybe you can cut a deal for your fellow EFer's?? hmmm???? :D
Man, how many times I gotta say? I've already got him to offer a discount to the EF Squad if we bring cars up. JFRO is coming up tomorrow (Thursday) for an estimate.

If you question our work, I'll put it this way...we've got a Ford Lightning club that just signed for using our shop for all their work, we're restoring a 69 Mach 1, 63 260Z, just finished a 68 Camaro (was a piece of shit that looks like a gem, now), and we've got a Detomaso Pantera in there. Our main painter used to paint for Peachtree Ford, as did the guy he learned from. Both can do real looking flames, and holograms in your paint. Pearl, metallic...name it, they can do it... One actually paint radio control helicopter's for just some extra side cash. People send them to him from as far as colorado.

uproot
08-15-2007, 09:24 PM
oh yeah that reminds me... i still need to get my CF hood recleared...

if they can do all that stuff im sure they can reclear my hood.... lol

EvasiveEF9
08-15-2007, 09:30 PM
LoL, talked to them about reclearing it. They were waiting for you to come by so they can take a look. Bring it by some time...

uproot
08-15-2007, 09:31 PM
LoL, talked to them about reclearing it. They were waiting for you to come by so they can take a look. Bring it by some time...

oh... :doh: lol

will do sir. :goodjob:

Cato ED-6
08-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Sucks man, I don't know much about legal stuff (even though I work for an attorney) but I hope everything goes the way you want it to.

I about laughed at the "Class A" comment, I did it when I got my last ticket....worked good.:goodjob:

Papa_Smurf
08-15-2007, 10:43 PM
sounds like your record might hurt you in this situation Ben.

Sucks though, because you are 100% the victim in this situation. I feel for ya man. Keep us informed on everything that happens...

EvasiveEF9
08-16-2007, 07:37 AM
You can bet that I will...

Papa_Smurf
09-03-2007, 01:00 AM
old thread, but any updates?

SL65AMG
09-03-2007, 12:00 PM
yeah whats the word?

EvasiveEF9
09-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Not many updates. Was in touch with an attourney. Basically, I need to focus on getting my record cleared...the arraignment will be coming up soon. When that's settled, I can press forward. Basically...I can sue the living fuck out of this guy for his actions once my record is cleared. I'm PROBABLY going to do so. With the money...I'm not positive yet what I'm gonna do... Probably get myself a nice car + another EF shell...transfer all the parts over to it.

jfrolang
09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Do a CRX shell... you know you want to. The only other acceptable answer is an EF hatch.

MikeyPrzy
09-04-2007, 09:12 PM
its retarded every wreck they never ask the passanger what happens, and I witnessed one of my friends wreck and I told the cop I knew who he was(cause he was my friend) and the cop asked no further questions because I was friends with him. Its so gay. GL

EvasiveEF9
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, but...apparently the cop will receive demerits for not getting the story anyways...

JFRO-I gotta find a reasonable one for a reasonable price...

AgentEasy
09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Not many updates. Was in touch with an attourney. Basically, I need to focus on getting my record cleared...the arraignment will be coming up soon. When that's settled, I can press forward. Basically...I can sue the living fuck out of this guy for his actions once my record is cleared. I'm PROBABLY going to do so. With the money...I'm not positive yet what I'm gonna do... Probably get myself a nice car + another EF shell...transfer all the parts over to it.

need in touch with the lawyer.. so i can sue too for emotional strain.. we'll talk tonight..

EvasiveEF9
09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
LoLoL...alright.

Papa_Smurf
09-08-2007, 01:59 PM
well, your car got hit, and last night sum1 hit my dads car too...

I'm in millidgeville so i've yet to see the dammage, but he said the guy begged him not to call the cops, and my dad didn't call the cops because he gave him $200...The dammage better not be too bad or i'ma have to slap my old man.

EvasiveEF9
09-08-2007, 02:13 PM
LoLoL...what happened, what's damaged...?

bigdare23
09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
well, your car got hit, and last night sum1 hit my dads car too...

I'm in millidgeville so i've yet to see the dammage, but he said the guy begged him not to call the cops, and my dad didn't call the cops because he gave him $200...The dammage better not be too bad or i'ma have to slap my old man.

I would of call the cops!!! In the long run your father may get screwed, but I hope he doesnt!

Papa_Smurf
09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
yes, i agree with you daryl. I have that feeling like that car was stolen or sum shit. I would have called the cops and gave that kid what he deserves...

Ben, im not sure how much damage is there, i'l see on sunday when i go back home. i'm pretty mad @ him that he didn't call the cops...First he runs a redlight and gets a ticket for it on the way to the V, and now he lets sum guy hit his car and he doesn't call the police....it appears that the 18 year old son is more reponsible than the 58 year old father...

EvasiveEF9
09-08-2007, 04:45 PM
LoLoL. Either that or your dad's like me...just does anything possible to avoid anything to do with the bastards...er...cops.

Papa_Smurf
09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
well, the dammage is minimal.

took a look at it today and it's just scuffed a little on the front bumper, might need to repaint it, not sure yet.

and the front bumper doesn't fit as good as it did before. you have to do a lot more, pushing and holding it a certain way while putting it back on, if you get that i'm saying.

bigdare23
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
kind like Chris car?

DrunkScotsman
09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
lol , D yes i'm followin ya!

bigdare23
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm hiding!!!

Cato ED-6
09-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Whats up with people getting hatches into accidents? LOL Me, Ben, and now your dad.

kind like Chris car?

LOL, ya sounds just like mine.
If it is, its only knocked off the support and has a big dent and a big tire mark. Nothing a good hour or so of work can't buff out. Glad to hear its only minor.

Papa_Smurf
09-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Whats up with people getting hatches into accidents? LOL Me, Ben, and now your dad.

LOL, ya sounds just like mine.
If it is, its only knocked off the support and has a big dent and a big tire mark. Nothing a good hour or so of work can't buff out. Glad to hear its only minor.

nah, no dents, but it has knocked the support a little bit, but nothing major.

all it needs is sum buffing and it'll be straight :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
09-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Yay for court today...

Papa_Smurf
09-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Yay for court today...

uh oh! is this the one where you're going to erase your record?

let us know how it goes Ben.

GTScoob
09-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I hope you get everything worked out with your car but damn man 50 tickets and you're only 21? Can you even get car insurance with a record like that? Thats a little less than a ticket a month average since you've been driving, or actually considering that you were in jail for a year thats over 1 ticket a month average.

EvasiveEF9
09-12-2007, 03:44 PM
uh oh! is this the one where you're going to erase your record?

let us know how it goes Ben.
Yes...that's the plan, anyways. I'll keep ya'll posted. Getting dressed, now..

I hope you get everything worked out with your car but damn man 50 tickets and you're only 21? Can you even get car insurance with a record like that? Thats a little less than a ticket a month average since you've been driving, or actually considering that you were in jail for a year thats over 1 ticket a month average.
Thanks for the support. Wasn't a year in jail. Just a year suspended. As for my high number of tickets, it's nothing I'm proud of. I just thought I was "JDM-COOL, YO" back in the day. Now I look back, and I look at my insurance payment...and I'm like, "Fuck JDM-COOL!"

EvasiveEF9
09-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks, woodstock, for not having helped me to accomplish ANYTHING this evening...

I gotta go back Oct. 04th

Papa_Smurf
09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
LAME.

ash7
09-12-2007, 11:01 PM
i hate the court system...

-jonathan