PDA

View Full Version : HICCUPS!!!!

Killer
08-15-2007, 02:26 PM
i've got hiccups and i need to make some calls...

here is a list of cures i found....

"Anise seed (for infants) Pour a cupful of boiling water over a teaspoonful of anise seeds; steep; give the baby one or two teaspoonsful. It often cures immediately. Nursing the baby will frequently stop the hiccups, too.

Apple cider vinegar Slowly sip a glass of warm water mixed with one teaspoon of vinegar. Works better when the water is drunk from the far side of the glass.

Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) Mix two teaspoonsful of baking soda, two teaspoonsful of aromatic spirits of ammonia with four ounces of peppermint water. Dose: one tablespoonful; repeat if necessary.

Breathing Breathe into a small paper bag that is tightly pressed around your mouth. Or try spreading your arms out like a "T" and take a very deep breath. Repeat several times. Or try taking a deep breath and holding it as long as you can.

Chamomile Put 1 drop of chamomile essential oil in a brown paper bag; hold bag over nose and mouth; breathe in and out slowly and deeply through the nose.

Camphor Mix three drops of spirits of Camphor in half a glassful of water and drink.

Collar bones Put strong pressure on the collar bones.

Honey Take a teaspoon of honey.

Ice Eat or suck on a piece of ice.

Lemon Mix the juice of one lemon in half a glass of water; drink; repeat if the first drink didn't stop the hiccups.

Lemon/salt Put a teaspoonful of salt on half a lemon and then suck the juice out of the lemon.

Lemon/bitters Eat a slice of lemon which has been soaked in angostura bitters.

Orange Drink the juice from 1/2 an orange.

Peanut butter Eat 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.

Pepper, red Pour a half pint of boiling water over a quarter of a red pepper; steep; drink a wineglassful. If no red pepper is available, use five drops of tincture of Capsicum in a tablespoonful of water.

Pineapple juice Take a few rapid swallows of canned pineapple juice. Repeat hourly if necessary.

Sugar Cure hiccups by placing a teaspoon of sugar on the tongue and washing it down with a glass of cold water. Another sugar remedy suggests swallowing it dry.

Sugar/lemon Soak a cube of sugar in fresh lemon juice and let it dissolve in your mouth.

Tartar, cream of Add 1/3 teaspoon of cream of tartar to 8 oz. of warm water; drink 2 tablespoons at a time on an empty stomach.

Water Drinking water in various fashions has been an age-old cure. Here are several variations. Plug your ears and drink a glass of ice cold water; or slowly sip a cup of warm water; sip a cup of warm water with honey in it. For infants: hiccups usually disappear in 5-10 minutes. If hiccups do not disappear, give the baby a bottle of sugar water. Mix one-quarter teaspoon of sugar with four ounces of water."

does anyone have any good remedies other that these!!!!!???

Sammich
08-15-2007, 02:27 PM
next time u piss...drink a pint of ur own urine and it should cure it...u mite wana get a mint to pop in afterward..but i heard that works...

Killer
08-15-2007, 02:28 PM
next time u piss...drink a pint of ur own urine and it should cure it...u mite wana get a mint to pop in afterward..but i heard that works...

if you seriously have ever heard that.... i don't think i would want to meet the person who thought of it...

if not.... ur sick.

SLOWLYbtngU
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
:upchuck:

:screwy:

Sammich
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
lmao sorry i just had to crack a nasty joke for the day lol

GGPIS3
08-15-2007, 02:35 PM
take a deep breath... while holding your breath, drink a big gulp of water... then take another deep breath and hold....

if that doesn't work...

take a deep breath, then swallow a breath, then take a deep breath again and hold....

itsjustdee
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
take a deep breath... while holding your breath, drink a big gulp of water... then take another deep breath and hold....

if that doesn't work...

take a deep breath, then swallow a breath, then take a deep breath again and hold....

i do the same thing he does.

Echonova
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
The peanut butter one really does work. Or light a cigarette take the biggest drag you can and hold it for as long as possible. Works like a charm.

Killer
08-15-2007, 02:38 PM
the breath thing didn't work for me.. nor did the water/breath thing.. i tired it before i posted... i may try some peanut butter if i can find some!!!

GGPIS3
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
^^ you should still be holding your breath... you did it wrong! sheesh!

Killer
08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
^^ you should still be holding your breath... you did it wrong! sheesh!

lol!

GGPIS3
08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
ok.. you can exhale now. ;)

Kelly
08-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Lol, I promise no one's hiccups are as bad as mine can be. They seriously jerk my entire body. It's awful :no:

Killer
08-15-2007, 03:01 PM
ok.. you can exhale now. ;)

^^ doesn't realize i've already passed out and i'm laying face first on my desk... :ninja: (don't ask how i typed this...)

Lol, I promise no one's hiccups are as bad as mine can be. They seriously jerk my entire body. It's awful :no:

^^^ truth! on more than one occasion i've almost had to slit her throat.... nothing is worse that trying to sleep to the sound of donkey noises.... lol.

Sammich
08-15-2007, 03:04 PM
phone book actuates

gtikid
08-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Pull and hold your left earlobe....i'm being dead ass serious...pull and hold buddy :goodjob:

GGPIS3
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
^^ doesn't realize i've already passed out and i'm laying face first on my desk... :ninja: (don't ask how i typed this...)

lol... they're gone though aren't they?

^^^ truth! on more than one occasion i've almost had to slit her throat.... nothing is worse that trying to sleep to the sound of donkey noises.... lol.

interesting...... :no:

Echonova
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
^^^ truth! on more than one occasion i've almost had to slit her throat.... nothing is worse that trying to sleep to the sound of donkey noises.... lol.Sorry, that was me and Kelly. I'll try and be quieter. I thought you were sleeping. LOLOMGNOHEDIDN'T

changaroo
08-15-2007, 03:14 PM
killer, go cure this chick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1R8XevZugU

gtikid
08-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Sorry, that was me and Kelly. I'll try and be quieter. I thought you were sleeping. LOLOMGNOHEDIDN'T

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

LOLOMGHEDIDN'T :lmfao:

Spectic Tank
08-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Seriously,

Hiccups are caused by contractions in the muscles in your abdoman. Relax your abs completely and take ssteady breaths. If that doesnt work than you're doing it wrong:goodjob:

Killer
08-15-2007, 04:08 PM
lol... they're gone though aren't they?

lol... yeah they eventually stopped...

i held my head upside down and took a couple big gulps of water...

"B"
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Everytime Slowly has hiccups, she just swallows...

gtikid
08-15-2007, 04:26 PM

Protein shake? :thinking:

BuBBa DRiFT
08-15-2007, 05:06 PM
hiccups are just a spastic muscle underneath your diaphragm, take deep, long breaths very slowly for about a minute and your cured.

"B"
08-15-2007, 06:28 PM

You said it, not me. What I don't get is: most chicks take the dick out first, she just swallows with it in her throat still.

*don't kill me Slowly*

SLOWLYbtngU
08-15-2007, 06:32 PM
OH MY!!! Stop tellin my home remedies bitch!

SLOWLYbtngU
08-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Basically but I dont recommend it for guys...Ur neck might hurt after or something... :dunno:

"B"
08-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Nasty bitch. lol

SLOWLYbtngU
08-15-2007, 06:50 PM
;) I do it for you! :yes:

"B"
08-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I am sooo going to be in trouble when I get home. Sha is going to kill me. lol

gtikid
08-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Basically but I dont recommend it for guys...Ur neck might hurt after or something... :dunno:

SLOWLYbtngU
08-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I know right...las cosas que salen de mi voca...... :lmao:

gtikid
08-15-2007, 08:38 PM
You said it, not me. What I don't get is: most chicks take the dick out first, she just swallows with it in her throat still.

*don't kill me Slowly*

She's one of those, "I like the way it feels when it hits the top of my mouth" type of females huh? YOU GOT YOU A KEEPER :goodjob: :lmfao: Now I understand why she has the name SLOWLYbtngu and where it comes from :lmfao:

gtikid
08-15-2007, 08:38 PM
I know right...las cosas que salen de mi voca...... :lmao:

Don't you mean, "las cosas que entran y se quedan en su voca?" :goodjob:

:lmfao:

SLOWLYbtngU
08-15-2007, 08:39 PM
She's one of those, "I like the way it feels when it hits the top of my mouth" type of females huh? YOU GOT YOU A KEEPER :goodjob: :lmfao: Now I understand why she has the name SLOWLYbtngu and where it comes from :lmfao:
HA! Hardly..lol :ninja:

SLOWLYbtngU
08-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Don't you mean, "las cosas que entran y se quedan en su voca?" :goodjob:

:lmfao:
:lmao:

I guess that would put it accurately... :goodjob: lol

My god what are people gonna think of me when they meet me... :lmfao:

gtikid
08-15-2007, 08:56 PM

My god what are people gonna think of me when they meet me... :lmfao:

:lmao: You only have to worry about what the spanish folks are gonna think, the green-go's won't understand :goodjob: .

www.spanishtoenglish.com :ninja:

Benefit
08-15-2007, 08:58 PM
get someone to punch u hard in your adams apple

Echonova
08-15-2007, 10:06 PM

My god what are people gonna think of me when they meet me... :lmfao:Not sure, but I'll let you know in the morning.:goodjob:

amberghini
08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
None of those have ever worked for me. I just have to wait for them to go away...

VooDooXII
08-16-2007, 02:06 AM

Hah, that sucks man! My buddy has the most obnoxious hiccups ever...scares the shit out of me because I don't know what it is at first.

Just...hold your breath. Works for me anyway.

"B"
08-16-2007, 04:51 AM

WTF???

I am just talking shit to Slowly. My keeper is my fiance.

SLOWLYbtngU
08-16-2007, 09:37 AM
WTF???

I am just talking shit to Slowly. My keeper is my fiance.

~shoulders slump~

::tears stream down cheeks::

*contemplates suicide*

**sees half a donut**

~*~Is happy again~*~

:)

Sammich
08-16-2007, 09:38 AM
~shoulders slump~

*contemplates suicide*

**sees PBS**

~*~Is happy again~*~

corrected:D

SLOWLYbtngU
08-16-2007, 09:38 AM
corrected:D

PBS<Food

Sammich
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
LOL but im educational..u cnt get food w/o education...o0o0o0o burn

SLOWLYbtngU
08-16-2007, 09:41 AM
LOL but im educational..u cnt get food w/o education...o0o0o0o burn
Whatever dude

Sammich
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
lol

BKgen®
08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
simple solution:

kill yourself.

Sammich
08-16-2007, 10:09 AM
me gusta ur idea lol

Killer
08-16-2007, 10:34 AM
~shoulders slump~

*contemplates suicide*

**sees half a donut**

~*~Is happy again~*~

i just lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reps if i can! lol..