PDA

View Full Version : Why should there be a car club?

ATK_Designs
08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm asking this very honestly.

Disclaimer:

**I'm not a member of team Interlude** I created this SN wayyy before that club is formed. Though I'm often mistaken, it really didn't matter to me. Will have my name change soon.

Well, back on the topic. I enjoy cars, events, and meetings. However, I never joined a club. Sad, but true, I've been solo.

What do you guys do in a club?

I've always thoughts car clubs are people who are going to racing events, shows, awards, as a team, etc. But then realized there are local regular clubs of people that just hang out.

Do you guys have any objectives of aiming higher?

Again, these are my honest questions and thought. I think it's very nice to hang out with friends, etc. But is that the only reason for creating a club/team ?

Also, should I be joining a club? Which one should I join?

I have a car with a few mods on it.

RISKYB
08-15-2007, 11:03 AM
that is a question only you can answer, alot of todays clubs are like you say. not real clubs or teams, just hanging out. but a real club/team does have its advantages if you are serious about what you are doing and what you want

Ran
08-15-2007, 03:32 PM
that is a question only you can answer, alot of todays clubs are like you say. not real clubs or teams, just hanging out. but a real club/team does have its advantages if you are serious about what you are doing and what you want^ I was going to type a long response, but that pretty much covers it.

ATK_Designs
08-16-2007, 08:39 AM
so besides the nation clubs, are there any local local clubs that's serious about what they're doing?

CHADbee
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
so besides the nation clubs, are there any local local clubs that's serious about what they're doing?
the team i run(project motorsports) is....

we dont like losing and every year we do import showdown, tunerfest, dragon runs, road course track days and have kick ass partys lol

we mod our cars to get ready for thoose events and to be able to reach goals we have set for ourselfs...the only issue people have with my team is that the only way to get in is being friends with many of the members...its more of a group of friends that have a name instead of a "car club" and we have VERY high standards of the cars we let in.

there are many reasons to be part of a team, but the major ones are friendships and help, we really try hard for nobody to pay retail price on parts for their cars and many people have picked up partial sponsorships in direct result of being part of project motorsports and everybody has picked up new friends

Da_unknown
08-19-2007, 07:21 PM
good respnse chad....

ATK_Designs
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys for the response.

Especially Chad for taking it seriously. I'm very interested in what your team is doing. Those are the things I'd love the see the local clubs is doing: Helping members out, getting best price, sponsors, attending events, etc.

That's very good of you.

CHADbee
08-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks guys for the response.

Especially Chad for taking it seriously. I'm very interested in what your team is doing. Those are the things I'd love the see the local clubs is doing: Helping members out, getting best price, sponsors, attending events, etc.

That's very good of you.
well i take my team VERY seriously, ive put ALOT of hard work and time into it. id be lost without my team. if u want to see our cars all u have to do is attend events. we have a car in a vendor booth at EVERY event in atlanta and every track day we have atleast 5-10 cars running.

ATK_Designs
08-21-2007, 09:55 PM
that's good. I'll check out your team at Tunerfest. See you there.

Crowml
08-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Good question.

We at Elite (though we're listed as "national club", we're also Atlanta based) use the team approach to offer our sponsors a full promotional package. We offer a model team, photographers, media experts and much much more. We bring our communal talents and cars to attract mutualistic relationships with the likes of Dunlop, Meguiars, Varad, Spectre, R2B2/AAP and others high caliber sponsors (and media too).

As a sole source of support and a mixing bowl of varied talents, our team is the back bone to our success, but also our own second family away from home. It's not fun making 8 hour drive, to hang out at a 10 hour show and drive back at the crack of dawn by yourself.