PDA

View Full Version : Misc Supposed 1 year suspension for Vick

tony
08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
To come within the next week or so

Sources: Vick suspension near
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
August 12, 2007

Two NFL sources said that commissioner Roger Goodell likely will announce this week or next the suspension of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick for the 2007 season.

"That's the direction it's going and has been from the time this started," one of the sources said this week.

In July, Goodell told Vick not to report to training camp in the aftermath of a federal indictment for his alleged involvement in dogfighting on a property he owned in Virginia. Vick has since been arraigned on the matter and is facing trial in November.

What is unclear is whether Vick will be allowed to return to the Falcons this season if he is acquitted. This offseason, Goodell suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones for the entire season but added stipulations that could allow Jones to return earlier if he clears his record.

Said the other source: "The plan was to make sure it was announced before the season. Given what everybody has seen from what (league) security found and what the feds are telling us, there's really no choice."

From a public relations standpoint, the NFL would like the matter dealt with before the opening week of the season. The feeling is that if the league can resolve the matter now, any further news on Vick will not detract from the buildup to the season.

The NFL has examined the indictment against Vick at length and has conducted a quasi-investigation of its own. The league has not interviewed anyone associated with the case, but it has pored over as many public documents as it could find.

The most careful element of the suspension is how it will be worded. Under the league's new personal conduct policy, there is some belief that Vick could escape punishment because this is the first time he has been charged with a crime.

However, Goodell hinted last week that because Vick was charged with multiple counts, including gambling on dogfights, the league may have a way around that. In an interview with USA Today, Goodell said that while he was disturbed by the dogfighting accusations, the gambling aspect is just as meaningful.

"Listen, we're sickened by the allegations and the predicament Michael put himself in," Goodell said. "But there are a lot of things in the indictment that concern the NFL that may not be of a greater concern from a law enforcement standpoint."

The NFL's gambling policy, which was established long before the personal conduct policy, has resulted in the suspension of players in the past. Both Paul Hornung and Alex Karras were suspended for the entire 1963 season after admitting they placed bets on NFL games.

Players can be banned for life for illegal gambling.

ShooterMcGavin
08-13-2007, 05:21 PM
greg aiello (nfl pr guy) said that this isn't true....could just be that they're covering it up for now though.

BanginJimmy
08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I've been hearing the rumors of a seaosn suspension for about a week now. I think the gambling angle is going to be the dagger for Vick. Either way, Falcons are the NFL are better off without him.

99WS6
08-15-2007, 03:20 PM
F__k Vick!

"B"
08-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Vick will never play fooball in the NFL again if Goodell finds out that vick lied to him. Either way, Vick is pretty well fucked.

~GILLEY~
08-15-2007, 05:50 PM
i hope that mother fucker never play again in his life and cat get a job any where for what he did

sshonda2004
08-17-2007, 11:16 AM
thats messed up if he is found guilty, man this brother had it good, guess us brothers just have a hard time acting right even with alot of money and shit, what a shame. the falcons offense look like pure garbage without him, joey herrington so damn sllooowww

BanginJimmy
08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Falcons offense looks like garbage with Vick in there too, so its really not any different.

sshonda2004
08-17-2007, 11:32 AM
well they got a better chance with vick than herrington, you know that, i bet you wasnt thinking like that when they actually made the playoffs back to back to back some seasons ago, and what about shokley, is he any good

TeeJay
08-18-2007, 09:17 AM
well they got a better chance with vick than herrington, you know that, i bet you wasnt thinking like that when they actually made the playoffs back to back to back some seasons ago, and what about shokley, is he any good
ummm sorry man, atlanta has never posted back to back winning seasons

Hulud
08-18-2007, 09:27 AM
haha and who said that they should have traded vick last winter? thats right, me.

all you nut swingers, hahahaha.

OneSlow5pt0
08-18-2007, 10:13 AM
haha and who said that they should have traded vick last winter? thats right, me.

all you nut swingers, hahahaha.

i said that we shoud have got rid of him 3 years ago.....:goodjob:

Hulud
08-18-2007, 10:22 AM
i said that we shoud have got rid of him 3 years ago.....:goodjob:
so have i, i was just making a point that all these nut swingers were arguing with me over the winter about trading schaub.

i said they shoulda traded vick and gotten some primo players. but no god forbid the falcons trade away the future of their team :rolleyes: .

i didnt know the falcons played in the NPL (National Penitentiary League)

OneSlow5pt0
08-18-2007, 10:24 AM
so have i, i was just making a point that all these nut swingers were arguing with me over the winter about trading schaub.

i said they shoulda traded vick and gotten some primo players. but no god forbid the falcons trade away the future of their team :rolleyes: .

i didnt know the falcons played in the NPL (National Penitentiary League)

if we traded vick we could have loaded up on pics....gotten Calvin Johnson and Peterson

1000cckiller
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Man it so funny, to see all ya'll mf's saying we should have got rid of vick or calling him a thug and so forth. So lets get facts straight, one is the falcons have done better with Vick but they still had humps to climb, Herrington sucks and has always sucked, he was one of the most overrated Qbs that came out of college. If the Falcons want to win, our hometown Qb is our best bet. Next I love dogs, and I have two pitbulls myself. These dogs are breed to be warriors and lots of other things, but I wont blame Vick for fighting them because if I was into fighting dogs I would.

Peta are some cocksucking pieces of shit, and they are full of it. You never see peta coming to the aid of a pit when one attacks somebody, because when a pit attacks some child or some person they call them the worse dogs ever. But now because vick was fighting and killing pits, they are the victim. I love my dog but I know what the breed is. I would be damn if someone, thinks they can tell me what to do with my dog.

But I will say, Vick was stupid for having everything in his name. Also i think people have learned family is more cruel than you friends sometimes. If those fools would have kept their mouth shut, I bet money Vick would have taken care of them.

OneSlow5pt0
08-18-2007, 12:26 PM
vick is a thug

Whiteboy™
08-18-2007, 12:32 PM
vick should DIAF

1000cckiller
08-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Vick a thug doubt it, Pacman Jones hell he is a thug.

BanginJimmy
08-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Man it so funny, to see all ya'll mf's saying we should have got rid of vick or calling him a thug and so forth. So lets get facts straight, one is the falcons have done better with Vick but they still had humps to climb, Herrington sucks and has always sucked, he was one of the most overrated Qbs that came out of college. If the Falcons want to win, our hometown Qb is our best bet. Next I love dogs, and I have two pitbulls myself. These dogs are breed to be warriors and lots of other things, but I wont blame Vick for fighting them because if I was into fighting dogs I would.

Peta are some cocksucking pieces of shit, and they are full of it. You never see peta coming to the aid of a pit when one attacks somebody, because when a pit attacks some child or some person they call them the worse dogs ever. But now because vick was fighting and killing pits, they are the victim. I love my dog but I know what the breed is. I would be damn if someone, thinks they can tell me what to do with my dog.

But I will say, Vick was stupid for having everything in his name. Also i think people have learned family is more cruel than you friends sometimes. If those fools would have kept their mouth shut, I bet money Vick would have taken care of them.

I dont think PETA has ever said a dog should be killed. I know many people with Pits and not a single one of them is violent in the least. PEOPLE MAKE THEM VIOLENT, NOT THE BREED, and anyone that thinks anything different is a fucking moron. PETA is a bunch of idiots though.

Have the falcons doe better with Vick, not really. The offense was designed around vick before Petrino got there. Petrino uses a pocket passing offense, Vick would have flopped and most likely been gone after this season anyways. On pretty much any other team in the NFL Vick wouldnt have lasted this long as a starter. He would have gone out like Coredell Stewart did in Pitt.

When you hang around thugs and do them same as they are, you know you are going to get screwed. I knew after the first one pled out, it was just a matter of time before everyone else does. Anyways, all the talk about Vick is done. They also have him on gambling charges, Goodell is going to ban him for life.

tippatone
08-18-2007, 12:53 PM
None of these cats are thugs, Thugs are in and out of jail and dont roll with a bunch of people who run and snitch when the kitchen gets hot, Vick is a wanna be thug and pacman is only tough when he is with his boys, you see how he got laid out in the fake ass wrestling shit

tippatone
08-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Vick is so very done, the state of VA just said they are going to file charges and the feds are talking about bringing the rico act to fry his ass, Rico is used when the feds say that your money funded a criminal enterprise, and a dog fighting ring might qualify, DONE, If Vick plays again it will be Canadian, eh
I dont think PETA has ever said a dog should be killed. I know many people with Pits and not a single one of them is violent in the least. PEOPLE MAKE THEM VIOLENT, NOT THE BREED, and anyone that thinks anything different is a fucking moron. PETA is a bunch of idiots though.

Have the falcons doe better with Vick, not really. The offense was designed around vick before Petrino got there. Petrino uses a pocket passing offense, Vick would have flopped and most likely been gone after this season anyways. On pretty much any other team in the NFL Vick wouldnt have lasted this long as a starter. He would have gone out like Coredell Stewart did in Pitt.

When you hang around thugs and do them same as they are, you know you are going to get screwed. I knew after the first one pled out, it was just a matter of time before everyone else does. Anyways, all the talk about Vick is done. They also have him on gambling charges, Goodell is going to ban him for life.

1000cckiller
08-18-2007, 01:09 PM

When you hang around thugs and do them same as they are, you know you are going to get screwed. I knew after the first one pled out, it was just a matter of time before everyone else does. Anyways, all the talk about Vick is done. They also have him on gambling charges, Goodell is going to ban him for life.i feel ya, but i dont think the gambling is going to be persued, if he pleas out. Vick did make improvements, but the Falcons cant keep going out here getting over the hill players. Grady Jackson, Milloy, Horn, and we have others that are pushing the limit. Falcons need to be prepaerd to spend money because those championship teams do. Also Mora didn't act like a coach he was always trying to be their friends, that is where Mora fucked up.

Peta is beyond morons, if bet if you or I killed one dog and one person, they would try to get use executed for the dog and let us go for the person.

Greddypacked
08-18-2007, 04:44 PM
^^^ No, Mora making friends w/ the players was a good thing bad judgement for the plays was the mistake. Have you been on many teams at work or in sports, you work better as a team and as friends-coworkers. If you hate the guys on your team you wont play as good or help each other out nearly as good as you would if they were a friend.

sshonda2004
08-18-2007, 09:35 PM
damn bout time someone educated step up and speak some real shit.

OUTLAW
08-19-2007, 08:17 AM
thank you all u stupid fucks please shut up. falcons was worst team in the nfl. when they got vick he was the first round pick. now tell me when was the next time they got a first round pick ummmmm never u stupid fucks cause wheter u like him or not he made atlanta love the falcons again u never say people wearing so much falcons jerseys until he came to town. so please stop the bs sayin he has done noting for this team
damn bout time someone educated step up and speak some real shit.

1000cckiller
08-19-2007, 09:14 AM
thank you all u stupid fucks please shut up. falcons was worst team in the nfl. when they got vick he was the first round pick. now tell me when was the next time they got a first round pick ummmmm never u stupid fucks cause wheter u like him or not he made atlanta love the falcons again u never say people wearing so much falcons jerseys until he came to town. so please stop the bs sayin he has done noting for this teamexactly :goodjob:

1000cckiller
08-19-2007, 09:18 AM
^^^ No, Mora making friends w/ the players was a good thing bad judgement for the plays was the mistake. Have you been on many teams at work or in sports, you work better as a team and as friends-coworkers. If you hate the guys on your team you wont play as good or help each other out nearly as good as you would if they were a friend.I played all the way through college. I even played Vick when he was at VT. You taking what I said wrong, Mora was to close. There are boundries he should have had, Mora started losing all control of that team, because he started losing respect.

Brett
08-19-2007, 09:31 AM
thank you all u stupid fucks please shut up. falcons was worst team in the nfl. when they got vick he was the first round pick. now tell me when was the next time they got a first round pick ummmmm never u stupid fucks cause wheter u like him or not he made atlanta love the falcons again u never say people wearing so much falcons jerseys until he came to town. so please stop the bs sayin he has done noting for this team

Very true, Vick is what brought fans back and started selling EVERY home game out. But fact is no matter what he will not be banned from the game for life, He makes to much money for the NFL and he is the biggest name ever in the NFL, he will get a slap on the wrist by the league and miss this season and the Falcons will drop him and he will go to another team next year and run the ball straight down our throat when he plays us next year, then everyone will bitch how we should have kept him..lol

1000cckiller
08-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Very true, Vick is what brought fans back and started selling EVERY home game out. But fact is no matter what he will not be banned from the game for life, He makes to much money for the NFL and he is the biggest name ever in the NFL, he will get a slap on the wrist by the league and miss this season and the Falcons will drop him and he will go to another team next year and run the ball straight down our throat when he plays us next year, then everyone will bitch how we should have kept him..lolwe need a dollar for everyone fund now, so when he does Brett and I will be rich

BanginJimmy
08-19-2007, 08:21 PM
No one is argueing the fact the atlanta got excited over him, but the fact remains he was not an effective QB. He ran for alot of yards, but his QB rating was terrible. This year would also have been much worse for him because he wasnt going to be in a system tailored around him running the ball. It was going to be built for a pocket passing QB and Vick cannot play that game.

OneSlow5pt0
08-19-2007, 08:28 PM
QB= being smart, good leader and good at throwing the ball

now please tell me that vick is all of above

sshonda2004
08-20-2007, 12:11 PM
you really dont know wtf your talking about

sshonda2004
08-20-2007, 12:13 PM
so so true
Very true, Vick is what brought fans back and started selling EVERY home game out. But fact is no matter what he will not be banned from the game for life, He makes to much money for the NFL and he is the biggest name ever in the NFL, he will get a slap on the wrist by the league and miss this season and the Falcons will drop him and he will go to another team next year and run the ball straight down our throat when he plays us next year, then everyone will bitch how we should have kept him..lol

BanginJimmy
08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
you really dont know wtf your talking about

so please explain. I would love to hear your infanite wisdom on the subject.

Vick is taking a deal like I expected him to. He'll probably serve at least a year, then at least 1 more year suspension. That would have him out of the league until at least 2010 considering no one is going to want an out of shape, ex-con QB that hasnt stepped on a football field in close to 3 years. I wouldnt be suprised if he was banned for life though considering the negative PR impact, and on top of everything else he lied straight of Goddell's face.

{X}Echo419
08-20-2007, 05:13 PM
this is all b/c Vick is black and the white man hates to see him succeed :goodjob:

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 05:17 PM
this is all b/c Vick is black and the white man hates to see him succeed :goodjob:

i agree,after kobe and OJ got off....they gotta nail vick's black ass

{X}Echo419
08-20-2007, 08:42 PM
j/k :lmfao: I thought somebody would go ape shit on that comment.

that son of a bitch is going to a Federal Pound me in the ass prison" :lmfao:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t189/XEcho419/vick_whos_the_bitch.jpg

OneSlow5pt0
08-20-2007, 08:48 PM
i smell

the longest yard part 2

BanginJimmy
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
i smell

the longest yard part 2

but this time the guards win and Vick ends up in the gay ward.