PDA

View Full Version : Misc DEATH. Who sees it alot andd your opinion on it?

dumpdaccord
08-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I thinking about applying for a job were i would see death everyday. Im just wondering how this would e/affect me mentally?

Im not very religous or compassionate and i dont want to loose the little bit of compassion i do have.

Whos in the army or works as a coroner on IA?

81911SC
08-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Tuff it out pussy.

EmminoDaGreat
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
lol

dumpdaccord
08-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Tuff it out pussy.Ethug:gay:

gtikid
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Ethug:gay:

I hardly call that an Ethug. I found it funny in fact.

Gutling
08-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Why are you asking other people how this would affect YOU mentally? Nobody knows. You could get there, your first day break down and start crying like a 3 year old. Or, you could realize its just a dead body, and be fine with it.

Bruce Leroy
08-13-2007, 09:33 AM
If you don't want to lose your compassion, then don't go into the business. My family is in the funeral home business, and I see dead people all the time.I guess Seeing dead people does not bother me because I have been around it my whole life. I know it might seem wrong but i don't even refer to them as dead people, just bodies. A body can't harm you. It just sits there. . . doing nothing. After you handle your first body, you will get used to them quickly.

dumpdaccord
08-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Why are you asking other people how this would affect YOU mentally? Nobody knows.

im asking peoples opinions on how it affected them and how they think somebody new to the business would react.like the poster above^^^

dumpdaccord
08-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I hardly call that an Ethug. I found it funny in fact.

good for you:goodjob:

§treet_§peed
08-13-2007, 11:06 AM
honestly i see it like this.. i really don't like to see people die but hey it's a part of life that we will al go thru one day regardless if we like it or not. we all have to die one day. it is the only thing that is equal or far in life..

Big J
08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
It will change you, but how much is diffrent for every person. I've seen death of every sort: hate, violence, natural, young, old, self inflicted, clean, mushy, bloody, and peacefull. Eventually it doesn't bother you anymore, but unfortuantly to get by it becomes part of the job, which is fairly cold and distant. It's up to you, the main thing is to maintain perspective.

iEvo
08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
my dad is a firefighter so he sends me pic, videos, and the constant stories about people dying. it would deff be somthin u would have to get used to

Benefit
08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
kill youself and find out about death , first hand

gtikid
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Why are you asking other people how this would affect YOU mentally? Nobody knows. You could get there, your first day break down and start crying like a 3 year old. Or, you could realize its just a dead body, and be fine with it.
im asking peoples opinions on how it affected them and how they think somebody new to the business would react.like the poster above^^^

I thinking about applying for a job were i would see death everyday. Im just wondering how this would e/affect me mentally?

Im not very religous or compassionate and i dont want to loose the little bit of compassion i do have.

Whos in the army or works as a coroner on IA?

:thinking:

ruah_23
08-13-2007, 12:25 PM
it depands on the cause of death of that person.It didn't bother me if I see someone died from cardiac arrest,but it does bother me when I saw someone died from a wreck,fire,plane crash ect ect.

81911SC
08-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Ethug:gay:
Yea that makes sense, Pussy.

Echonova
08-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I see dead people.

Princess12
08-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm a Forensic Science student, working on a Crime Scene Investigation Technician degree. I work with it everday, and I don't look at as an emotional event. If you do, then you're doomed. It's work. Sometimes yes, you get those scenarios that rip your heart out, especially with children, but you do your job and go home to appreciate your family even more.

Big J
08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
The biggest thing is how they go and what your involvment in the death process is. We were allways trying to save them.

I think the only one that got to me was the mom who threw a pizza in the oven, fell asleep, and woke up with the house on fire and burned her son up.......... It was ok untill she started saying he was suppost to graduate form kindergarden the next day................ Everyone else left the room crying, I pushed it down and stayed because it was techincally a crime scene and evidence at that point, someone had to maintain integrity of the scene and evidence.................

how often do you think you could call a dead 5 year old evidence and a crime scene

gtikid
08-13-2007, 03:33 PM
The biggest thing is how they go and what your involvment in the death process is. We were allways trying to save them.

I think the only one that got to me was the mom who threw a pizza in the oven, fell asleep, and woke up with the house on fire and burned her son up.......... It was ok untill she started saying he was suppost to graduate form kindergarden the next day................ Everyone else left the room crying, I pushed it down and stayed because it was techincally a crime scene and evidence at that point, someone had to maintain integrity of the scene and evidence.................

how often do you think you could call a dead 5 year old evidence and a crime scene

Damn dude, that's some tough shit right there man. I probably would of been one of those who left. Actually, I probably wouldn't of been there to begin with haha. I get all weird when I see shit like that

Princess12
08-13-2007, 03:48 PM

As hard as it is, it's your job. It doesn't mean your uncompassionate, but it does take a toll on you sometimes. Like you said, classifying a child as a piece of evidence is very difficult, but crucial.

BABY J
08-21-2007, 11:40 AM
If you don't want to lose your compassion, then don't go into the business. My family is in the funeral home business, and I see dead people all the time.I guess Seeing dead people does not bother me because I have been around it my whole life. I know it might seem wrong but i don't even refer to them as dead people, just bodies. A body can't harm you. It just sits there. . . doing nothing. After you handle your first body, you will get used to them quickly.

But they can fart like a mutha-fucka!!