PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy these ebay parts?

TheProfiteer
08-12-2007, 05:19 AM
I need a clutch and flywheel for a Bseries swap I am doing.

Its a B18b1, and I plan on sticking to the LS hydro tranny.

my question is should I purchas an ebay 8lb flywheel?

Is it any good, and will it make a good DD?

Or should I just get a stock replacement?

specificaly I was looking at this link, I know I shouldnt post Ebay links but I am not selling this I just wanna know if I should buy it or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-STAGE-1-CLUTCH-8LBS-FLYWHEEL-94-01-INTEGRA_W0QQitemZ190140292346QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33 730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

b17a1db2
08-12-2007, 03:28 PM
i've used xtd stuff before, havent had a problem.. it was a stage 3 clutch i've used.. held up to all my abuse i could give it....so i would say there not too bad of a company...although i'd rather have exedy, act...etc....

IntegraXTR
08-12-2007, 03:34 PM
^^ exedy is the shit, that damn clutch lasted longer than a OEM, and by a long shot against others. I've used the stage 1 and stage 2 kits so far. The stage 2 looks like a triangle, but grips hard.

IndianStig
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
go for it! they seem to be reputable sellers

Turbodude06
08-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I've never heard anything bad from them....

Kyle
08-13-2007, 09:36 AM
A friend of mine bought an ebay clutch kit and a few other ebay parts for the manual swap we did on his 240. We installing the ring bearing and an entire chunk flaked off. So if that speaks for the quality of ebay parts I'd say avoid them. The car is almost running so I'll let you know how the clutch works.

speedminded
08-13-2007, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't ever use a multi-piece flywheel, run them on the race cars and haven't had issues but i still won't use it on my own...comptech's and a few others were recalled for the outer ring seperating from the center and heard about several issues. I have a one piece chromoly Cusco flywheel bolted to my B18C5 that weighed in at 8.75lbs, works for me :goodjob:

.gauge.
08-13-2007, 10:32 AM
i've used xtd stuff before, havent had a problem.. it was a stage 3 clutch i've used.. held up to all my abuse i could give it....so i would say there not too bad of a company...although i'd rather have exedy, act...etc....

Word on the skreet is the xtd pressure plate is an exedy one. Just scratch off the sticker or whatever it is.

noridetoolow
08-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I just had a thread up about this a week or two back....I looked at the XTD, XTA and F1 Racing clutch kits on ebay. Between IA and numerous other sites I found via Google\Yahoo .... I never found much on these companies....if you look at the ads, the descriptions are very similar if not sometimes exactly the same....the installation manuals in the kits,.....match from one kit to the next ( Yellow with same black print XTD and XTA ). Now, I am not saying they are bad at all and the company that I ordered my parts from sells one or more of these products and offers the same 1 year warr on all parts. One thing I really wasnt happy about with either of the above mentioned companies....try and find a web page for any of them....does not exist. Exedy and Fidanza, ( what I finally went with via ebay...just search "exedy fidanza integra 94 ) both have well designed web sites and a reputation behind them. The general thought that I found when looking around the web was to stay with the brand name products that everyone knows....again, not knocking any of these companies, you just will not find much info about them anywhere. GL

xbn83
08-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't ever use a multi-piece flywheel, run them on the race cars and haven't had issues but i still won't use it on my own...comptech's and a few others were recalled for the outer ring seperating from the center and heard about several issues. I have a one piece chromoly Cusco flywheel bolted to my B18C5 that weighed in at 8.75lbs, works for me :goodjob:

I confirm this problem! Don't get 3 pieces flywheel (flywheel, friction plate, and ring)! Get 1 piece one like ACT Prolite 9lbs. It happened to me before. The outer ring gear separated from the flywheel after 2000 miles. Once this happen, the car won't start because all you do is spinning the ring around, not the whole flywheel. You don't want this to happen because it is a waste of time and money to pull the transmission out and change it again. Do it 1 time. Typical design there are only 3 screws holding the ring to the flywheel. I've seen people running it without any problem, but some does. So, just give you a head up. BTW, it was a Clutchmasters 9lbs flywheel. Search Honda Tech for XTD clutch review! There are mix reviews, but IMHO, don't get it!

TheProfiteer
08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
so what about this right here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-Clutch-FIDANZA-Flywheel-94-01-ACURA-INTEGRA_W0QQitemZ150149985750QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33 730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

xbn83
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
The clutch is Exedy which is good, but the flywheel is Fidanza, still a 3 pieces design. ACT 1 piece design: http://www.raceinspired.com/images/product/medium/ACT-600210.jpg

b17a1db2
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM
the clutch is ok.. i've used it before, not anything more that a stock clutch like it says, the flywheel, i wouldn't trust it. but i've known many people to own/use it with no problems... but i'd reccommend the exedy or act flywheel. like mentioned above...

GSRtegŪ
08-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I say go for it!

SRCRX
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Go with a name brand!!