PDA

View Full Version : Tallulah Gorge...

speedminded
07-14-2005, 10:49 AM
..about time to get back into shape so i ran the stairs at tallulah gorge, errr, yeah...your legs definitely feel like they have a ball and chain attached by the time you get up to the last couple landings.

Just a few random shots without a tripod or lens changes...

silver
07-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Where's the bday pics.... email them to me dammit!

speedminded
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Where's the bday pics.... email them to me dammit!damn you're quick...no internet at home and i don't think too many people would approve of those pics on the office computer, i'll git'm did! ...eventually.

silver
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I think the rock in the second pic you can actually slide down... Not sure if it's that one though. I just remember when I was really little that we would actually camp on the rock with no tents... wake up and play in the water all day. It was alot of fun...

silver
07-14-2005, 10:53 AM
damn you're quick...no internet at home and i don't think too many people would approve of those pics on the office computer, i'll git'm did! ...eventually.

Just upload them real quick.. send them and then delete them.. I won't tell on you or anything...

speedminded
07-14-2005, 10:54 AM
I think the rock in the second pic you can actually slide down... Not sure if it's that one though. I just remember when I was really little that we would actually camp on the rock with no tents... wake up and play in the water all day. It was alot of fun...just wait until they open the dam up to 400 & 600+ cubic feet p/ second...right now it's running at about 100 or so. I'll paddle it one day.

silver
07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
I'll paddle it one day.

That can be taken so many ways :tongue:

speedminded
07-14-2005, 12:24 PM
That can be taken so many ways :tongue:...you know you want it.

silver
07-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Umm, negative ghostrider

LQQKITZME
07-17-2005, 12:32 PM
deliverance was filmed there

HiPSI
07-17-2005, 12:38 PM
damn those stairs, damn them all to hell ;). last time i was up there my legs felt like jello when i hit the top. but i love playing on the rocks at the bottom of the trail.

speedminded
07-18-2005, 12:58 PM
deliverance was filmed there...mostly on the chattooga but had scenes in the gorge.

HEATON
07-20-2005, 02:07 PM
NICE PICS!!! Now i KNOW you got the urge to throw something after seeing the sign ..c'mon didnt ya? I know i did was i was at the topof the Eifel Tower..and yea..it sucks walkin up it.lol

speedminded
07-21-2005, 10:19 AM
NICE PICS!!! Now i KNOW you got the urge to throw something after seeing the sign ..c'mon didnt ya? I know i did was i was at the topof the Eifel Tower..and yea..it sucks walkin up it.lol...only myself. I'd do it if i knew there was 25-30ft. of water with nothing in the way...errr, maybe rapel about halfway down to the outcropping and try it there first, i've only down 55' before...problem is at about 80' water can be just like concrete if you don't hit it right and jumping that height can split the bottom of your feet open if you don't have shoes on and leaning back too much can potentially "explode" your kidneys....diving is generally the safest if you're guaranteed the depth and you arch your back right as you enter the water to slow down.

Dammit i wanna BASE jump. :)