PDA

View Full Version : Coast Guard?

santacruz77
08-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I have been thinking a good bit about it and if I should join. Is any one here part of it or knows people who are? And what do they think? Do you know anything important about it? I know some people who have been it and loved it. They all said it’s great. And I know a couple who where army, air force, navy and they say it was the best one, and the only one where you got treated like you had brains.

lmk what you guys know/think about it thanks.

speedminded
08-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I have been thinking a good bit about it and if I should join. Is any one here part of it or knows people who are? And what do they think? Do you know anything important about it? I know some people who have been it and loved it. They all said it’s great. And I know a couple who where army, air force, navy and they say it was the best one, and the only one where you got treated like you had brains.

lmk what you guys know/think about it thanks.coast guard is the most difficult to get in by far...

KPowerEP3
08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
I was looking into it.

Training is in Cape May, NJ...COLD WATER
it's not run by DoD, I think it's homeland security, so the training is slightly different.
seems like a pretty good gig though, I just can't make up my mind what to do with my life.

santacruz77
08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
haha ya. training is in all diffrent places depending on what you would be signing up for. U.S. Coast Guard Reservists are also assigned to law enforcement duties. You may be trained to enforce offshore commercial fishing laws. this is one of the main things im interested in. im still looking into it ya kno.

Echonova
08-11-2007, 12:00 AM
HELLO, there are no coasts in Athens for you to guard. How would you make to the Athens meets if you lived somewhere else? Don't be so selfish.

sunsetvette
08-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Coast guard is good. AirForce would be my second choice if the Coasties are full.

spook
08-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Grow some balls and be a MARINE

Double_0_Rusty
08-11-2007, 05:56 PM
YEah join Marines pussy. Hooooorhaaaaaa

AznTraitor
08-12-2007, 08:28 AM
puddle pirates ftl!

hahaha....

nah, just kidding.....just do your research and make sure you know exactly what you are getting into

santacruz77
08-12-2007, 09:34 AM
i have done research. and i would still live in athens just drive to chreslston one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year coast gaurd reserves. and how is that pussy

AznTraitor
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
i have done research. and i would still live in athens just drive to chreslston one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year coast gaurd reserves. and how is that pussy

look bitch, I'm in the ARMY....I actually do something....go do your pussy ass puddle pirate training...I'm sorry you couldn't pick a better armed services force....besides something that is ran by homeland security and for hacks who couldn't make it in anything else...even the Navy.....

how's that pussy boy?

AznTraitor
08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
http://geek-usa.mu.nu/archives/coast%20guard%20cutbacks.jpg

coast guard at it's best.....

water downed navy pussies....

you know, I was teasing before and simply telling you to do your research so you know what you are getting into and if another branch had a better job for you....but your dumb ass should stick with the coast guard and go save some fat fisherman and non english speaking transport shipmen

http://www.44mlb.com/images/ex-uscg-yemen-4.jpg

Leadfoot_mf
08-13-2007, 10:34 AM
or haitians

KPowerEP3
08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
http://geek-usa.mu.nu/archives/coast%20guard%20cutbacks.jpg

coast guard at it's best.....

water downed navy pussies....

you know, I was teasing before and simply telling you to do your research so you know what you are getting into and if another branch had a better job for you....but your dumb ass should stick with the coast guard and go save some fat fisherman and non english speaking transport shipmen

http://www.44mlb.com/images/ex-uscg-yemen-4.jpg

idk, your post was a little messed up, that's like saying you joined the army because you couldn't hack the marines...

on that note, however, I did decided that if I do join the service, it WOULD be elsewhere, not the CG. I was looking into joining the navy and trying to get on a SWCC crew..

Z28
08-13-2007, 11:11 AM
My uncle and his son both were a part of the Coast Guard. His son went to the Citadel before joining I think, but he said he learned more while coast guarding than anywhere else. If I talk to them soon I'll ask specific questions if you want.

speedminded
08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
look bitch, I'm in the ARMY....I actually do something....go do your pussy ass puddle pirate training...I'm sorry you couldn't pick a better armed services force....besides something that is ran by homeland security and for hacks who couldn't make it in anything else...even the Navy.....

how's that pussy boy?lol, are you serious? Any coast guard member could make it into any other branch but the chances of just anyone one from any other branch making it into the coast guard is slim to none...

SniperJoe
08-13-2007, 01:49 PM
If I were going into the military (and I would and almost did, but can't through no fault of my own), I would go in as an officer. How you would do that in the Coasties, I don't know. But my Dad was in the Navy and he said ALWAYS go in as an officer if you decide to do the military. Personally, I just don't see how the Coast Guard would be more fun than any of the other services.

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
idk, your post was a little messed up, that's like saying you joined the army because you couldn't hack the marines...

on that note, however, I did decided that if I do join the service, it WOULD be elsewhere, not the CG. I was looking into joining the navy and trying to get on a SWCC crew..

nah, I was teasing him on what the nick name of the coast guard was...which is "puddle pirates"

and just said to make sure he does his research....and then he comes back with his little pussy remark...fuck him....I hope he falls off the boat and gets raped by a dolphin

I could hack the marines just fine....but there's a reason why they are the proud and the few...in all honesty...most guys who join the marines is because someone in their family was one, or they just want to have the honor that is titled around the marines...but in all honesty....the Army is a much larger fighting force and we are not a branch off of anything...the Marines are the fighting force for the NAVY...now matter how much they wanna argue that.....they are.

I've been on this site a long time, many know me and anyone that asks about joining the armed services I'm all for it and offer up any advice I can....but the biggest thing is I always tell them to do the leg work and do all the research they can....and then ask for some info from other people because any Dick and Jane can say one thing...but it's pretty much different experince for everyone

Elbow
08-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Somebody is a little up tight...

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Somebody is a little up tight...

When it comes to our nations military, then yes I am...you gotta a problem with that? then you can basically blow it out your ass too

Elbow
08-13-2007, 05:13 PM
He wanted to join the Coast Guard....and? Why would you hate on that? Maybe he has INTEREST in the things they do versus the Army or something...

He said: "You may be trained to enforce offshore commercial fishing laws. this is one of the main things im interested in. im still looking into it ya kno."

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 05:17 PM
He wanted to join the Coast Guard....and? Why would you hate on that? Maybe he has INTEREST in the things they do versus the Army or something...

He said: "You may be trained to enforce offshore commercial fishing laws. this is one of the main things im interested in. im still looking into it ya kno."

hey numbnuts....my first post was a joke "puddle pirate" he's gonna hear that ALOT if he actually joins.... and I even posted a just kidding and told him to do his research....

I dont see that as hating, but apparently the tards of IA do.

like I said before, he can ask Jane, Dick, Mary, and even St Peter's himself on how their experience was....and guess what? they will all be different....

10 people can say it was the bomb

10 people can say it was the gayest shit they have ever done....

who are you gonna listen to?

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 05:19 PM
lol, are you serious? Any coast guard member could make it into any other branch but the chances of just anyone one from any other branch making it into the coast guard is slim to none...

Wow, I've never heard of that. I've seen many of coast guard guys...and there is no chance in hell that half of them could hack daily pt, because they don't do it daily.....and I've yet to see anyone but their rescue swimmers who are in top pt shape....and I've yet to see anyone leave any branch of service to join the Coast Guard....so, lol....are you serious?

Elbow
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
I know that was your first comment that wasnt hating, but then you liked snapped on his ass after he said he did research lol.

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
I know that was your first comment that wasnt hating, but then you liked snapped on his ass after he said he did research lol.

jackhole called me a "pussy" for no reason....so no need to be nice anymore

Elbow
08-13-2007, 05:26 PM
He was asking how is that pussy, not how is that....pussy. lol

speedminded
08-13-2007, 07:05 PM
nah, I was teasing him on what the nick name of the coast guard was...which is "puddle pirates"

and just said to make sure he does his research....and then he comes back with his little pussy remark...fuck him....I hope he falls off the boat and gets raped by a dolphin

I could hack the marines just fine....but there's a reason why they are the proud and the few...in all honesty...most guys who join the marines is because someone in their family was one, or they just want to have the honor that is titled around the marines...but in all honesty....the Army is a much larger fighting force and we are not a branch off of anything...the Marines are the fighting force for the NAVY...now matter how much they wanna argue that.....they are.

I've been on this site a long time, many know me and anyone that asks about joining the armed services I'm all for it and offer up any advice I can....but the biggest thing is I always tell them to do the leg work and do all the research they can....and then ask for some info from other people because any Dick and Jane can say one thing...but it's pretty much different experince for everyoneWhat would the army be without the navy? Ever think about where your battles would be fought if it wasn't for them? On U.S. soil. ;)

Wow, I've never heard of that. I've seen many of coast guard guys...and there is no chance in hell that half of them could hack daily pt, because they don't do it daily.....and I've yet to see anyone but their rescue swimmers who are in top pt shape....and I've yet to see anyone leave any branch of service to join the Coast Guard....so, lol....are you serious?I didn't say anything about doing it, I said getting in...plus anyone can physically get in shape in a matter of weeks. It's going the other way from Army to Coast Guard and being magically more intelligent that isn't going to happen.

santacruz77
08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
hey mother fucker why you hatting? please explain? the army isnt special its not like it takes alot to get in a homlessbum can join. like one guy said a coast guard member could get into any armed service section he wanted to. an army man will not be gaurenteed a spot in coast gaurd they want good people.

santacruz77
08-13-2007, 08:38 PM
abd ya i didnt call you a pussy i said how is coast gaurd pussy. because you might have to have brains to get in?

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
What would the army be without the navy? Ever think about where your battles would be fought if it wasn't for them? On U.S. soil. ;)

I didn't say anything about doing it, I said getting in...plus anyone can physically get in shape in a matter of weeks. It's going the other way from Army to Coast Guard and being magically more intelligent that isn't going to happen.

Well, just so you know...the ARMY actually has more boats than the Navy.

And the only people that get rides from the Navy are Marines....not Army. We have our own transport planes, we use the Air Force from time to time, and then we take commercial flights as well....but it's been quite some time, WWII probably since we used the Navy for rides.

I don't see how you have to be far more intelligent to join the Guard...every service branch have their jobs that require high asvab scores and such, so that not every joe schmo can take that mos....and every branch have jobs that you can pretty much be brain dead to do...

kfzemx3
08-13-2007, 08:42 PM
haha Coastguard, for people who are to short to swim in the big waters... Go Navy Submarines were fun nothing like riding in a large Nuclear weapon

santacruz77
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
ya but you went off i said how is that pussy to the guys wgo said it one who was gonna sign up pussed out in the recruting station. i never said you were a pussy or the army. i think coast gaurd seems more fun and i like what they offer and can do you for you. i kno there are hard parts in every branch but your saying coast gaurd is nothing? please explain why they are one of the hardest to get into?

santacruz77
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
haha Coastguard, for people who are to short to swim in the big waters... Go Navy Submarines were fun nothing like riding in a large Nuclear weapon

do you do that.

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
abd ya i didnt call you a pussy i said how is coast gaurd pussy. because you might have to have brains to get in?

Apparently there was a mis communication of error, but since you aren't even apart of any service yet, I'm gonna be nice....and clue you in....

Coast Guard is not a service of rocket scientists. For some odd reason, alot of you seem to think so. Everyone takes the EXACT same test before entering service...it's called the ASVAB, wether you are Army, AF, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard. Just like every branch of service, every job has score factors....and every branch has jobs that no one wants but needs to be filled...so low line scores will get those jobs...so I don't see how some guy who has to scrub barnacles has "brains" because he's in the Coast Guard.

I'll apologize for going off the handle and saying some shit....but realize that no one is a genius for joining the Coast Guard or has to be smarter than a typical marine grunt, or army infantryman

and to answer you and Speedminded question....
it's probably harder to get in because of your funding for soldiers and your significantly smaller force....I'm sure alot of guys who go Guard, stay in for a long time till retirement, and let's face it...there are only so many boats or places at dry dock they can possibly go....the Army/Marines will recruit till they are blue in the face because they will find a place for you, and they have alot bigger budget....and it's kind of a revolving door because alot of people get out after their initial contract and get their bonus money and gi bill

santacruz77
08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
im just saying and you should kno its alot harder to join coast gaurd than it is army. the coat gaurd has 35,000 active duty people. and a shit load try to join. im not downing the army i would think to join them second.

AznTraitor
08-13-2007, 08:58 PM
im just saying and you should kno its alot harder to join coast gaurd than it is army. the coat gaurd has 35,000 active duty people. and a shit load try to join. im not downing the army i would think to join them second.

see, it's kinda like I said....you have a much smaller force, so you can be picky on who you take due to budgeting and placement

at the peak, the Active Army had 700,000 soldiers....that is still not counting Army Reserves or National Guard, in which GA alone has over 10,000

santacruz77
08-13-2007, 09:00 PM
true true +2 for you for repersenting your service. lol any one got any other advice.?

Echonova
08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
true true +2 for you for repersenting your service. lol any one got any other advice.?Get a haircut.

speedminded
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, just so you know...the ARMY actually has more boats than the Navy.

And the only people that get rides from the Navy are Marines....not Army. We have our own transport planes, we use the Air Force from time to time, and then we take commercial flights as well....but it's been quite some time, WWII probably since we used the Navy for rides.

I don't see how you have to be far more intelligent to join the Guard...every service branch have their jobs that require high asvab scores and such, so that not every joe schmo can take that mos....and every branch have jobs that you can pretty much be brain dead to do...Not saying the Navy taxi's the Army fool, the Navy protects the US so the Army doesn't have to fight on US soil. We have the best armed forces in the world but without one branch the other is no where near as effective.

Leadfoot_mf
08-13-2007, 11:10 PM
are u a bubble head? cone or nuke?

OneSlow5pt0
08-13-2007, 11:19 PM
i hate to tell yall but every branch rags on each other....no big deal

JayKnight
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow, I've never heard of that. I've seen many of coast guard guys...and there is no chance in hell that half of them could hack daily pt, because they don't do it daily.....and I've yet to see anyone but their rescue swimmers who are in top pt shape....and I've yet to see anyone leave any branch of service to join the Coast Guard....so, lol....are you serious?

Well this is a post I can agree on, partially. I was a rescue Swimmer in the Navy for 4 years. That was by far the most intense PT and training I have ever been through. During the 10 weeks at Pensacola NAS for Rescue Swimmer School, we would spend on average 4 hours in the pool, 2 hours in the classroom and about 3 hours of PT throughout the course of the day.

I will never forget doing countless numbers of flutter kick on the pool with our fins on. No matter how hard we tried to do it right, the instructors would totally MASH us on the pool deck. I guess thats what happens when some of my instructors were Navy Seals at one time. Damn I would love to go back and be an instructor, that would be so sweet.

I did have the chance to be an Aircrew Candidate School instructor, but I decided not to re-enlist. WOuld have been pretty cool.

On a side not to the PT comment made above.....Every service has PT requirements, that every person has to be able to pass. More than likely it is based on the job. For example, rescue swimmers, had daily PT to keep in shape and be ready for any situation. Now a person who joind the servise to be a photographer, well they will not have to do but the bare minimum to keep up. I mean how strong do you have to be to lift a camera and push a button.

Yes everyones take on the service, mo matter what brance, will be different. For me I loved it, would I do it again? Absolutly!!! I got such a rewarding feeling whenever a total stranger would walk up and shake my hand and say thanks, just because I was wearing a uniform. Little stuff like that is what made it all worth it.

Good luck !!! And do what you feel is the right choice for you.

santacruz77
08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
thanks man. +some for you.

koukis14
08-14-2007, 09:17 PM
My best friends dad is in the Coast Guard, he is fucking loaded and has his own boat now. He said his favorite parts was running down drug boats back in the 80s.