PDA

View Full Version : so i went to get parts off my car today....

CHADbee
08-10-2007, 01:49 AM
after dealing with abunch of bullshit with the insurance company i was cleared to go to the storage yard and get parts off before it was towed away this friday. when i saw my car, i started shaking, its crazy seeing it in person, i just stood there staring at it thinking how in the fuck am i standing here alive next to this thing? really no bullshit, the only thing not totally FUCKED on that car is the drivers side taillight. so its 3pm, in the middle of a field, no shade, me in a padded neck brace, and all of u know what type of weather we had to day and im out pulling parts off my car, i really thought i was gonna pass out and die from a freakin heat stroke. luckly i had retro there with me to take the turbo and wastegate off and i could just take lil shit like the AEM wideband, boost controller, injectors, ect... i was really honestly suprised that cause of where the turbo sits on a SRT and the fact that that turbo is so freaking big it wasnt smashed to hell and back but besides a half inch spot where it hit something and the cerimac coating been scrapped off its fine, NO shaft play at all, no chipped fins, i was really suprised.

oh and insurance companys fuckin suck, im not getting shit from my car except what i get from selling parts, fuckin bastards. LOL they told me i had to replace everything i took off the car. so the neon got some honda injectors, a blown XS power 50 trim, a dead battery and other retarded mix matched parts LOL

RandomGuy
08-10-2007, 01:55 AM
yo chad
it wasn't ur time... simple as that :)

btw
did you use a resistor box for those honda injectors? if so wanna sell it? ;)

eltravieso
08-10-2007, 01:56 AM
jus look at the brighter side of things..your still alive..and all the material stuff can be replaced.. sooner or later...anyways glad to hear to doin alright..peace

CHADbee
08-10-2007, 01:59 AM
yo chad

did you use a resistor box for those honda injectors? if so wanna sell it?
huh? they said i had to replace whatever i took off so i took my RC injectors out and put some d15 injectors in there or something, they were honda injectors but not really sure what they were LOL at least 3 of them were the same, one didnt match LOL but whatever they got 4 injectors

Crazy Asian
08-10-2007, 01:59 AM
whos your insurance company?

KPowerEP3
08-10-2007, 03:24 AM
lol at having to replace everything...that's the gayest thing I've ever heard in a situation like that...

LeX
08-10-2007, 06:59 AM
they make you do that a good bit of the time... I had to mix and match wheels on mine and stick in a nice but broken cd player as replacements

scionara
08-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Damn man that sucks if you or richard need any help getting something else or help with anything let me know or tell casey and he will let me know

cactusEG
08-10-2007, 07:24 AM
jus look at the brighter side of things..your still alive..and all the material stuff can be replaced.. sooner or later...anyways glad to hear to doin alright..peace

how are u doing from ur wreck ? ?

Rican219
08-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Damn bro that sux man.

STI LOVER
08-10-2007, 07:46 AM
damn that sucks. good to hear that u are doing good man.

Incontt
08-10-2007, 08:52 AM
you have to replace it so they can sell it at an auction and recoupe some of their money they are paying out. insurance companies do suck in general. i bought my first t/a back for 1900bux and sold the damaged turbo kit for 2300 and still had a forged motor left over with fuel system etc for the current T/A.

Ran
08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Wow that sucks. I know how you feel though. When I totalled my Spec V, the only things that weren't trashed were the rear sway bar and my short shifter. Everything else was pretty much toast. Since they were aftermarket parts with no factory replacements, I didn't tell the insurance company.

con
08-10-2007, 11:35 AM
good you were able to salvage the go faster goodies....

lol on the mixmatched parts replacement, whoever buys it at auction is gonna shit bricks finding the odd parts......well that's if they don't do a proper inspection beforehand.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-10-2007, 04:40 PM
LIRL @ the parts...

brads94accord
08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
you have to replace it so they can sell it at an auction and recoupe some of their money they are paying out. insurance companies do suck in general. i bought my first t/a back for 1900bux and sold the damaged turbo kit for 2300 and still had a forged motor left over with fuel system etc for the current T/A.

you dont have to replace it with anything. they are going to sell it at auction for scrap metal for $400

when i totalled my old accord i left 4 flat tires on steelies, no suspension (it was sitting on the ground), took out the radio and some other random interior pieces, the trunk was completely stripped out, and there was no intake on the motor. they still gave me market value for the car.

they value you your car based on fair market value (the price that cars with similar miles and features in your area sell for), not based on the condition the car is in..otherwise people with totalled cars wouldn't get shit for their cars.

Tracy
08-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Listen. The insurance company is bullshitting you. They do what ever makes them the most money. They are not the law. Remember that ;) Do some research and negotiate. Fist things first, they you can prevent them from taking the car until you have settled your claim. You own it until they "buy it back from you". You can have it towed to wherever you want. If you didn't have a broken neck, you could have told them to tow the car to your house and they wouldn't be able to look at it to "adjust it" until you were damn ready. They play these games with you like they are the law and they're not. They take advantage of the fact that insurance isn't your business and that you're probably hurt AND without a car now. They try to get you to settle while you are down. If you act like you have all the time in the world to settle you case, their attitudes change with a quickness. They have a certain amount of time to settle with you (60 days I think maybe 90) and then it starts getting ugly FOR THEM with the insurance commision board.

I'm not saying to take my word as gospel. I'm just saying Dan and I have been there with the Supra and it was long and drawn out. We ended up getting $25k and they only wanted to give us "book value" on it which was $13k. We never hired a lawyer so it cost us $0. Do some research if you feel like it (I know you are not in the best shape) and see if you can do anything. It may be too late if they already have your car.

I'm glad you are alive and able to walk your ass over to the car :) It sucks that you have to deal with this crap-ola.

3.5altman
08-10-2007, 10:54 PM
after dealing with abunch of bullshit with the insurance company i was cleared to go to the storage yard and get parts off before it was towed away this friday. when i saw my car, i started shaking, its crazy seeing it in person, i just stood there staring at it thinking how in the fuck am i standing here alive next to this thing? really no bullshit, the only thing not totally FUCKED on that car is the drivers side taillight. so its 3pm, in the middle of a field, no shade, me in a padded neck brace, and all of u know what type of weather we had to day and im out pulling parts off my car, i really thought i was gonna pass out and die from a freakin heat stroke. luckly i had retro there with me to take the turbo and wastegate off and i could just take lil shit like the AEM wideband, boost controller, injectors, ect... i was really honestly suprised that cause of where the turbo sits on a SRT and the fact that that turbo is so freaking big it wasnt smashed to hell and back but besides a half inch spot where it hit something and the cerimac coating been scrapped off its fine, NO shaft play at all, no chipped fins, i was really suprised.

oh and insurance companys fuckin suck, im not getting shit from my car except what i get from selling parts, fuckin bastards. LOL they told me i had to replace everything i took off the car. so the neon got some honda injectors, a blown XS power 50 trim, a dead battery and other retarded mix matched parts LOL

chad your crazy!!!

Hunter02SS
08-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Listen. The insurance company is bullshitting you. They do what ever makes them the most money. They are not the law. Remember that ;) Do some research and negotiate. Fist things first, they you can prevent them from taking the car until you have settled your claim. You own it until they "buy it back from you". You can have it towed to wherever you want. If you didn't have a broken neck, you could have told them to tow the car to your house and they wouldn't be able to look at it to "adjust it" until you were damn ready. They play these games with you like they are the law and they're not. They take advantage of the fact that insurance isn't your business and that you're probably hurt AND without a car now. They try to get you to settle while you are down. If you act like you have all the time in the world to settle you case, their attitudes change with a quickness. They have a certain amount of time to settle with you (60 days I think maybe 90) and then it starts getting ugly FOR THEM with the insurance commision board.

I'm not saying to take my word as gospel. I'm just saying Dan and I have been there with the Supra and it was long and drawn out. We ended up getting $25k and they only wanted to give us "book value" on it which was $13k. We never hired a lawyer so it cost us $0. Do some research if you feel like it (I know you are not in the best shape) and see if you can do anything. It may be too late if they already have your car.

I'm glad you are alive and able to walk your ass over to the car :) It sucks that you have to deal with this crap-ola.

I would have to agree with her on this Chad. You are the owner of the car. Not the insurance company.Don't let them screw you over.You have a nice car and need to get out of it the most that is possible.Just remember they are people as well. Stall as long as possible and don't take the 1st offer. There will be more offer's. Get well soon!!:cheers:

CHADbee
08-10-2007, 11:33 PM
shit i wish i was in the situation to haggle on that car. but u got to understand i bought that SRT about a year and a half ago and their value has dropped ALOT, at the time i got a really good deal on that car at 17k for an 05 with 12k miles on it. now u can buy the same car for about 14k all day long. i owe about what "their" value is on the car and it sat in a storage yard for allmost 3 weeks at 80 bucks a day. i just got what parts i could to sell for the down payment on my next car and im glad that car is gone, i really didnt want it anymore, by no means was getting rid of it worth what i have been through but im glad its gone.

Echonova
08-10-2007, 11:41 PM
My wife and I are in the same boat you are. Mini-van was totalled, and insurance is being complete dicks about it. Been almost two weeks and the guy's insurance who hit us hasn't even called. Our only contact has been use calling them, they switched claims agents on us twice, and now we don't even have a claims agent until they can "appraise" the van and assign us one. Fuck'em. I bought a new van yesterday and plan on watching Jerry Springer tomorrow to get Ken Nuggents phone number. One call that's all.

_Christian_
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
tracy gave good advice. i bought a car for $4,000 (got a good deal), trashed it for 2 years, then totaled it and then got $6,800. i just didn't settle with insurance for almost 2 months until they gave me what i wanted.

Tracy
08-13-2007, 09:34 AM
My wife and I are in the same boat you are. Mini-van was totalled, and insurance is being complete dicks about it. Been almost two weeks and the guy's insurance who hit us hasn't even called. Our only contact has been use calling them, they switched claims agents on us twice, and now we don't even have a claims agent until they can "appraise" the van and assign us one. Fuck'em. I bought a new van yesterday and plan on watching Jerry Springer tomorrow to get Ken Nuggents phone number. One call that's all.

When his insurance company does call you, act like you don't give a crap and tell them you got a new van anyways and THEY have 60 days to get it together and get it right. That's what Dan and I did. We told them we bought another Supra already so they could take their time on getting us our money. They waited until the 59th day to settle with us.