PDA

View Full Version : people who dont know about their cars

redlift
08-09-2007, 09:59 PM
i hate when someone is new to the world of owning a nicer cars.
friend thinks that since he bought an s2k, (his first real import. he had an MX6 before it) so i decided to fuck with him pulling a similar trick like the flux capacitor joke. text conversation went this way. im still laughing

him: hey man herard wes got a new car what did she get
me: 92 prelude
him: nice got anything done to it
me: a jdm h22, weight reduction, megan headers, and megan catback
him: what happened to fixin up the beetle
me: ha she found a buyer. sold it for 5300
him: oh so she can take you now
me: yeah, you too. kinda sad but not me for long
him: oh i dunnno about that
me: nah you would be suprised, it beats a stock s2k
him: well if it does, not by much. the guy who had my car had twin turbos on it

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD
me: you said it had twin turbos on it?
him: oh yeah the kid had those but took them off
me: was the guy running methanol in the gas tank to compensate for the boost increase?
him: i dunno. why, is that bad?
me: no, you need methanol to keep from locking up the engine with twin turbos on 4 cylinder engines. thats why im buying a supercharger
him: oh. i dunno. when you gonna get yours? what do you think would be a good comp for my car would be
me: for an s2k, prob a Hondata Gateway 2zz
(hondata is the lead in to make him believe it. we all know gateway computers. and the celica gt-s engine is a 2zz)
him: would it make it faster?
me: it would boost your vtec engagement and fuel torque. could maybe put you in the mid 13s in the quarter mile
him: nice

nothin else but its kinda sad id do that to my own friend and then post it here. wow

SpecV_Scott
08-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Some kid here in Augusta bought a super clean SC300 (already with body kit and rims) from a used car dealership a couple years ago. About a week after he bought it, I spotted him in a parking lot and told him "Nice ride." Then I asked what his plans for the car were. His response:

"Skyline."

I stared at him for a few seconds and then asked him wtf he meant. Then he proceeded to tell me how the Lexus SC300 was the same platform as a "240," and that a Skyline GT-R drivetrain would bolt right in. I asked him if he realized that his car was made by Toyota and not Nissan. Then I got the blank stare in return. Then I told him it'd probably be easier to drop in a 350. He looked a little heartbroken. Then he gets all aggro and says "Well, I guess the dealer lied to me."

"Yeah man, no shit."

Then I said "Bye," and took off. What a tard.

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 10:19 PM
all i know about my car is its faster than your car.

Echonova
08-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Some kid here in Augusta bought a super clean SC300 (already with body kit and rims) from a used car dealership a couple years ago. About a week after he bought it, I spotted him in a parking lot and told him "Nice ride." Then I asked what his plans for the car were. His response:

"Skyline."

I stared at him for a few seconds and then asked him wtf he meant. Then he proceeded to tell me how the Lexus SC300 was the same platform as a "240," and that a Skyline GT-R drivetrain would bolt right in. I asked him if he realized that his car was made by Toyota and not Nissan. Then I got the blank stare in return. Then I told him it'd probably be easier to drop in a 350. He looked a little heartbroken. Then he gets all aggro and says "Well, I guess the dealer lied to me."

"Yeah man, no shit."

Then I said "Bye," and took off. What a tard.350??? Why when the Supra conversion is a direct bolt on?

SpecV_Scott
08-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I was giving him shit. I also mentioned the 2JZ swap, but the 350 comment was a lot more of a stab at his noobness.

santacruz77
08-09-2007, 10:29 PM
lol tits or gtfo idk idk idk +2

santacruz77
08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
i turned you green

james
08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hVlA1eBZ9Cg

/thread

Echonova
08-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I was giving him shit. I also mentioned the 2JZ swap, but the 350 comment was a lot more of a stab at his noobness.The 2JZ comes with the Supra swap. All the body panels bolt right up................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................................

:ninja: Or so Ive been told.

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
i like turtles

VooDooXII
08-09-2007, 10:44 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hVlA1eBZ9Cg

/thread

Sometimes I wonder who's bullshitting whom.

My cars the one that comes with the jet engines...you know?

SpecV_Scott
08-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Space has a terrible secret.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/33440

redlift
08-09-2007, 10:45 PM
all i know about my car is its faster than your car.

probably. i drive a celica gt-s. not really a head turning car but in the next few days im buyin the trial sc with new injectors, fuel pump, and apexi power fc. hopefully be on by end of august

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 10:47 PM
probably. i drive a celica gt-s. not really a head turning car but in the next few days im buyin the trial sc with new injectors, fuel pump, and apexi power fc. hopefully be on by end of august
i will still know nothing of my car but it will own u.

VooDooXII
08-09-2007, 10:48 PM

Did I just use "whom" correctly? :thinking::lmfao:

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
You drive a celica gt-s? You don't even know the world of owning a nice car.

Lemme know when you're new to that world.

sullen
08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Did I just use "whom" correctly? :thinking::lmfao:

you did

sullen
08-09-2007, 10:54 PM
The 2JZ comes with the Supra swap. All the body panels bolt right up:ninja: Or so Ive been told.

no, im pretty sure you're thinking of the camaro body panels man.

redrumracer
08-09-2007, 11:05 PM
so do you have a prob with your shift linkage breaking also

james
08-09-2007, 11:05 PM

My cars the one that comes with the jet engines...you know?

you mean a saab? they are designed by jet engines.

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
no they are born form jets

TheGrillMan
08-09-2007, 11:09 PM
you mean a saab? they are designed by jet engines.

or aircraft engineers (sp)

Z28
08-09-2007, 11:23 PM
http://techepics.com/files/hemi_grill.jpg

whatchu know about cars?

240 Hotdogs in 3 minutes FTW

VooDooXII
08-09-2007, 11:30 PM
or aircraft engineers (sp)

Sixteen of them...only two of which who had drivers' licenses.

Mine's been watered down...but I still like it quite a bit.

prelude2112
08-09-2007, 11:31 PM
lol silly goose you are such a butthead!:police:

Driftk1d350z
08-09-2007, 11:37 PM
you forgot vtek fluid

SpecV_Scott
08-10-2007, 12:04 AM
LMFAO!! TARD! VTEK is a gas not a liquid.

VooDooXII
08-10-2007, 12:07 AM

I think it's a plasma.

Driftk1d350z
08-10-2007, 12:22 AM

no fucktard, vtek is nothing more than a louder noise resulting in a "horsepower" increase on the simple yet innaccurate "butt-dyno"

prelude2112
08-10-2007, 12:22 AM
i like turtles

hahaha i love that video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

FatboyV8
08-10-2007, 03:22 AM
kinda of topic but....call your local auto zone and ask them for a muffler bearing. You will suprised of how long it takes for them to figure out that they dont carry them.

Also, call the same store and ask them for radiator cap for a 70 model vw bettle. The punch line is that they only came with air cooled motors.

SpecV_Scott
08-10-2007, 09:43 AM
no fucktard, vtek is nothing more than a louder noise resulting in a "horsepower" increase on the simple yet innaccurate "butt-dyno"

Your face is a butt-dyno.

SpecV_Scott
08-10-2007, 09:45 AM
kinda of topic but....call your local auto zone and ask them for a muffler bearing. You will suprised of how long it takes for them to figure out that they dont carry them.

Also, call the same store and ask them for radiator cap for a 70 model vw bettle. The punch line is that they only came with air cooled motors.

It's better if you ask for a water pump, since they are all vehicle-specific. Radiator caps are pseudo-universal, so they might just tell you they have one in stock. They'll actually have to look up the water pump in their computer! (If they haven't figured out the joke yet)

Rican219
08-10-2007, 11:22 AM
One word Cobalier AHAHAHAHA

Humphrizzle
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I live in Newnan,a town where people with hondas dont know anything about them. They cut the springs, put halo headlights, and put some fat 17-18'' rims on it and with some subwoofers in the back that make the car rattle louder than their fartcan exhausts do.

I decide PTC is more classy and have better cars so I fit in a little better over there.

A sample of a conversation I had with a friend.

Him: You must have flashed your ECU because your VTEC is upgraded
Me: No it isn't. It's stock and never had ECU tuned/flashed and you cant upgrade VTEC.
Him: Yeah because when you are at WOT and shift, your VTEC isn't supposed to stay engaged when changing gears.
Me: VTEC is set at an RPM and if I shift without allowing the revs go below 5500 RPMs then it stays engaged.
Him: Nah man, thats custom someone before you must have flashed the computer for more power.
Me: That makes less sense than a homeless man.
Me: The person before me was my brother and he did nothing to the car but put some AEM intake on it and before that some 40 year old man bought it new and drove it to work every day for 156k miles.
Him: Well I still think that ain't stock, man.

gtikid
08-10-2007, 11:40 AM
friend thinks that since he bought an s2k, (his first real import. he had an MX6 before it) so i decided to fuck with him pulling a similar trick like the flux capacitor joke. text conversation went this way. im still laughing

Funny how your on here making fun of your friend for not knowing anything about "nice cars". Since when do 4 cylinder motors had headerS :rolleyes:

redlift
08-10-2007, 07:40 PM
so do you have a prob with your shift linkage breaking also

ha definately i replaced them on my own too. 7.5 labor hours according to the book.

CHADbee
08-10-2007, 10:42 PM

him: what happened to fixin up the beetle
me: ha she found a buyer. sold it for 5300
him: oh so she can take you now
me: yeah, you too. kinda sad but not me for long
him: oh i dunnno about that
me: nah you would be suprised, it beats a stock s2k
him: well if it does, not by much. the guy who had my car had twin turbos on it

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD
me: you said it had twin turbos on it?
him: oh yeah the kid had those but took them off
me: was the guy running methanol in the gas tank to compensate for the boost increase?
him: i dunno. why, is that bad?
me: no, you need methanol to keep from locking up the engine with twin turbos on 4 cylinder engines. thats why im buying a supercharger
him: oh. i dunno. when you gonna get yours? what do you think would be a good comp for my car would be
me: for an s2k, prob a Hondata Gateway 2zz
(hondata is the lead in to make him believe it. we all know gateway computers. and the celica gt-s engine is a 2zz)
him: would it make it faster?
me: it would boost your vtec engagement and fuel torque. could maybe put you in the mid 13s in the quarter mile
him: nice

nothin else but its kinda sad id do that to my own friend and then post it here. wow
hummm...im in the same situation as the dude with the s2k, i dont know shit about cars, but just taking a wild guess here....

wouldnt methanol be put in a tank in the trunk and have a methanol controller which reads boost via a vaccum line, kicks on at a set PSI, send a signal to the tank in the trunk which sprays the meth through a line into the intercooler piping, not be put into the gas tank....

LOL @ u making fun of somebody that "doesnt know anything about cars"

Echonova
08-10-2007, 11:33 PM
hummm...im in the same situation as the dude with the s2k, i dont know shit about cars, but just taking a wild guess here....

wouldnt methanol be put in a tank in the trunk and have a methanol controller which reads boost via a vaccum line, kicks on at a set PSI, send a signal to the tank in the trunk which sprays the meth through a line into the intercooler piping, not be put into the gas tank....

LOL @ u making fun of somebody that "doesnt know anything about cars"Sure you could put it in a seperate tank, but why? Driving with methanol in your tank sloshing around is a good way to "pre-mix" it with the fuel. Without all the un-needed hoses and switches. Pshhhh

Get well soon Ch@Dbee!!!

CHADbee
08-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Sure you could put it in a seperate tank, but why? Driving with methanol in your tank sloshing around is a good way to "pre-mix" it with the fuel. Without all the un-needed hoses and switches. Pshhhh

Get well soon Ch@Dbee!!!
LOL let me know how that works out for ya...

i am dude, better and better everyday :goodjob: