View Full Version : lmk if you know anything! thanks

jr4mny
08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
im 18 and im finishing up high school and im looking for a job. ive been filling out applications all summer and ive gotten nothing. I am looking for my first job so maybe thats why its so hard. i live in lawrenceville and im looking for a job in this area. well pretty much anywhere for now thats not a 45 minute drive!
somewhere i could go after school and work. if any of you know of any place please let me know. i need a job to start somewhere and start earning money for things i want you know. just to grow and start depending on me and less the parents, also to build a down payment for an evo. if you have your own business and your hiring pm me some information on what your looking for. all help is appreciated.

-thank you
:goodjob:

Tracy
08-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Get a job waitng tables somewhere. That's always easy and it's god money.

jr4mny
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Get a job waitng tables somewhere. That's always easy and it's god money.

thanks i tried a couple of those. ill try getting a few applications form them tomorrow +1

Kyle
08-09-2007, 08:32 PM
You dont have any friends that can help you out? That is by far the easiest way to get a first job.

Tracy
08-09-2007, 08:35 PM
If you don't have any experience they may be a little harder on ya. The best thing to do is to get a job as a host and then move into serving. It's better that way anyways. Waiting tables is by no means easy and it will be good for you to learn how a restaurant operates before you jump into it.

JDM onlyy
08-09-2007, 08:37 PM
If you don't have any experience they may be a little harder on ya. The best thing to do is to get a job as a host and then move into serving. It's better that way anyways. Waiting tables is by no means easy and it will be good for you to learn how a restaurant operates before you jump into it.

Yeah Tracy's right, waiting tables look easy but if you're in a decent restaurant that you actually make some money in then, it's a little hard but it ain't that bad, try hosting first...always easier. :goodjob:

Tracy
08-09-2007, 08:39 PM
So invest a little time in a good busy restaurant as a host, take your time learning the menu (cuz they will test ya), get used to people being assholes for no good reason and then become a server. The server money is great if you get into a good place.

jr4mny
08-09-2007, 08:53 PM
thanks. well yea im trying to get a job at meyers group..i already called in on the voicemail application and im waiting for a feedback. ive filled out for all the car parts shops (autozone, oreilly, advance autoparts,) then (best buy, circuit city,frys,hhgreg, applebees,ihop,red robin,ruby tuesday, on the border, even walmart) and many more..

i have had friends try but it still hasnt really helped out much

Kyle
08-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Holy hell man. Thats a bitch to fill out all those applications, reminds me of when I was 16.

jr4mny
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM
yea it really was... just thinking about all that gas money driving around to all those places.

Kyle
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
yea it really was... just thinking about all that gas money driving around to all those places.
Oh weird. All the places I applied to this year had online applications. But once you get a job it will be well worth the gas money.

jr4mny
08-09-2007, 09:09 PM
yea i did some online.

hydroshutter
08-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Work at Stone Mountain Park. That was my first job and I'd still be there if they paid me what I'm making now. That wasn't a job, it was just going and hanging out with friends and having fun.

jr4mny
08-10-2007, 01:57 PM
kool. kinda too hot for that now.. but ill think about it

jr4mny
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
still no luck...but still trying

MikeyPrzy
10-09-2007, 02:50 PM
QT

Elbow
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Good luck, try car washes...good tips!

jr4mny
10-12-2007, 06:03 PM
thanks guys

Brut
10-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Come work with me at AMC Colonial 18 off 316 and L'ville Suwanee its a good first job and if you move out state or something like what I am doing they can trasnfer you to the AMC thats in your state if there is one. I am moving to Cali and about 1-2 miles down the road from my house is a AMC so when I move I already have a job lined up.

Spectic Tank
10-15-2007, 05:54 PM
im 18 and im finishing up high school and im looking for a job. ive been filling out applications all summer and ive gotten nothing. I am looking for my first job so maybe thats why its so hard. i live in lawrenceville and im looking for a job in this area. well pretty much anywhere for now thats not a 45 minute drive!
somewhere i could go after school and work. if any of you know of any place please let me know. i need a job to start somewhere and start earning money for things i want you know. just to grow and start depending on me and less the parents, also to build a down payment for an evo. if you have your own business and your hiring pm me some information on what your looking for. all help is appreciated.

-thank you
:goodjob:

Do you have any skills/experience? If not...

You should try to get a job in retail. It's coming close to x-mas time and many places will be hiring seasonal workers. If you can get in, and aren't a moron you can most likely stay there after the season is over(if you want). Waiting is also a good option.

jr4mny
10-15-2007, 06:14 PM
no skills. but yea im gonna try that. thanks

Brut
10-15-2007, 07:28 PM
OHHH apply at TJ Max at the MoG I had a interview yesterday at 1pm but I never went because I forgot and I already have a job thats awesome. So yeah theres that too

lanier
10-16-2007, 03:22 PM
UPS is hiring part time, in gwinnet, driver helper

s13sliderŪ
10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
male stripper on amature night .

jr4mny
10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
uhhm i dont even wana see me doing that and i doubt if any1 else would lol

s13sliderŪ
10-16-2007, 07:24 PM
i have done it , its damn good money dude .