PDA

View Full Version : The company we rent from have fucking idiot employees.

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 06:41 PM
The A/C upstairs in our house is broken so we call them to send someone out to fix it.

Well he comes out here and is like "All I can do is replace the air filter so thats what I'm going to do." We are like "WTF."

It is 90degrees upstairs and 70 downstairs, so obviously there is a problem. We have the thermostat uphere set on 72. But of course it isn't working, but this genious is telling us its the air filter..even though we switched it out last week.

Well he leaves and of course it still doesn't work upstairs. So we call back and we are on the phone with this lady telling her that it doesn't work...here is the convo.

Us: Hey you sent someone out here to fix the A/C and he didn't
Her: He said nothing was wrong.
Us: It is 20 degrees hotter up stairs then downstairs something is wrong.
Her: Well it is really hot outside today it is even hot in office. It is like 76 inside here.
Us: It is 90 upstairs!
Her: Well that is because heat rises if you didn't know.

At that point we are speachless.
We just tell them to send someone else back out here, at which point they agree but say if nothing is wrong it'll cost us a service fee.

uproot
08-09-2007, 06:46 PM
lol that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. where I rent, having no air/heat is considered an emergency situation.

check this out:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Real-Estate-Law-930/Broken-Air-conditioner.htm

koi
08-09-2007, 06:49 PM
It makes me wonder how some people get there jobs.

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Yea. It works downstairs but not upstairs.

The air conditioning unit outside is making weird ass noises, but yet they ignored all that shit.

They just told us the problem was that the thermostat is in the wrong room. That it should be in the hallway. Whatever the fuck difference that will make.

ep9716
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Wow......Hire A Hispanic Next Time....

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow......Hire A Hispanic Next Time....
No shit, it was this redneck dude who was like flirting with my roommates girlfriend the whole time.

Then started talking about how he used to do rodeo, and his "kin folk" used to own lots of property in this area. He didn't even use his own air filter, he replaced it with an extra one we had laying around.

ep9716
08-09-2007, 07:09 PM
No shit, it was this redneck dude who was like flirting with my roommates girlfriend the whole time.

Then started talking about how he used to do rodeo, and his "kin folk" used to own lots of property in this area. He didn't even use his own air filter, he replaced it with an extra one we had laying around.

Lmmfao!!! Dude Talk About Unprofessinal!!
Hispanics FTW:yes:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-09-2007, 07:13 PM
shit? anyone can fucking replace an AC filter.. don't take ROCKET SCIENCE

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
at that point you should have said... deee deee deeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hektik
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
call them back and let them know u have contacted a lawyer casue they are not fulfilling theyre roles as landlords.. worked for me when my apt complex didnt want to fix the bug problem we had..

On_Her_Face
08-09-2007, 07:37 PM
did he swap the stock filter with a K&N drop in?

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 10:07 PM
did he swap the stock filter with a K&N drop in?
Nope, it was an OEM replacement.

I was pissed.

Echonova
08-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Close your downstairs vents and open all the upstairs. Cool air is heavy air, and will go down. I know this because hot air rises. By closing the downstairs vent you're forcing more air upstairs. Or move out of government housing.

IDCoconut
08-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Do u have 2 separate a/c units for upstairs and downstairs? I'm talking 2 units outside that are running. Is there any cold air or any air coming out of the upstairs air vents?

If you have 1 single unit for the entire house, then you can't do shit about upstairs being hot. It's just simply too hot outside and all the warm air is rising, plus if your thermostat is at a "cool spot" of the house, then it'll shut the a/c off before the rest of the house cools. Pretty much you can call it a bad cooling design for the house. Where your thermostat is placed makes a big difference, along with where the intake is placed (where your filter is). Like the "idiot" said, thermostats are typically placed in a hallway where the least amount of cold air flows. This means you get an accurate reading of the temp. and usually results in the rooms being slightly colder than the area around the thermostat, which isn't a bad thing.

That sucks though man, and I hope you get it resolved one way or another.

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
We have 2 units outside running. One of them is making weird ass noises too.

IDCoconut
08-09-2007, 10:45 PM
EDIT: re-read your post about the upstairs thermostat.

Yea, that guy is a fucking tool. Tell him to check the charge on the upstairs unit. the noise could be anything from the actual compressor or just a loose bolt for the propeller. Most likely just sprung a leak and is low on charge. You guys may want to read your contract and see what the condition is about a/c etc. just in case they don't do shit, then you can go after them.

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 10:46 PM
We have 2 thermostats, one downstairs and one upstairs.

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 10:50 PM
i can come out there and make sure u have a problem but i will have to charge u a service call fee. i dont swing a sledge hammer for free.

Echonova
08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Man is it cold in here, Ima grab a blanket. brb.

IDCoconut
08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
^ lol

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
wow i just got chills its sooooooo cold in my house i think it is 65 right now. yep i came see my breath.

sullen
08-09-2007, 10:57 PM
It makes me wonder how some people get there jobs.

nobody ever said you had to be smart to get a job here in the states man.

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
wow i just got chills its sooooooo cold in my house i think it is 65 right now. yep i came see my breath.
I wish it was cold here. It sucks when I'm here cuddling up with some attractive girl in my bed sweating. Doesn't that suck when that happens Tim...

Oh wait...

sullen
08-09-2007, 11:02 PM
yea, thats never any fun. but it does give you an excuse to get her in the shower...gotta look on the bright side man.

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I wish it was cold here. It sucks when I'm here cuddling up with some attractive girl in my bed sweating. Doesn't that suck when that happens Tim...

Oh wait...
yeah cause your a hot sweaty bitch next time u are sleeping on the couch.

Whiteboy™
08-09-2007, 11:03 PM

Oh wait...

BURN!!!!!

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 11:06 PM
I mean I'd just rather not sweat while I'm sleeping, that why when I wake up to a girl giving me head I don't have to worry about how bad my nuts stink...

But then again, why should I care. It isn't like I have to lick my nuts or kiss her or ever talk to her again.

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
true true. do u want me to come over and "fix" the a/c so when the dumbass show up there is something wrong?

sullen
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
yea youre right. you dont have to kiss her, you jsut kiss her cause you wanna taste your nut sweat.

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 11:09 PM
true true. do u want me to come over and "fix" the a/c so when the dumbass show up there is something wrong?
I already know that something is wrong haha so I'm not too worried.

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 11:10 PM
yea youre right. you dont have to kiss her, you jsut kiss her cause you wanna taste your nut sweat.
Would you blame me?

My nut sweat is an aphrodisiac.

sullen
08-09-2007, 11:12 PM
lol, just curious. since my friends appt complex did the same thing to them, where do you live? off of busbee?

HalfBaked
08-09-2007, 11:20 PM
We got a house off Frey rd. Right at corner of Frey and Shiloh.